Three Years

Leader X Maknae: A Series of JiTzu Oneshots

 
Summary: Three years they’ve waited; just for this moment.

 


 
Her heart races as they dashed through the halls, giggling like giddy schoolgirls, ducking into corners and slipping past the many crew members in the building. There was a certain rush to it; the mere thought of being caught like his, sneaking around as she allows herself to be led.
 
Maybe they should have been more careful. Privacy wasn’t a thing when you’re a member of the biggest girl group in the country. She could see the headlines already:
 
“Members of Twice spotted being intimate together. Friends or something more?”
 
Oh, how scandalous that would sound. Rumours spread like wildfire in this line of work, destroying careers and reputations with it. And yet, she merely casts caution to the wind, unable to find it in herself to care. Not for now at least.
 
Arriving at an empty corridor, she lets the girl pull her into a random vacant room, holding her breath as she cautiously peered about for spying eyes before slamming the door shut behind her. Her own hands fumble for the lock, letting out a sigh when she hears it click. They are finally alone, just the two of them is this dark room.
 
She leans into her companion, arms wrapping around her as she rests her head against her chest. All she can hear is the rhythmic beating of her heart syncing with her own, booming louder than the music blaring just metres away, more deafening than the blast of the fireworks outside.
 
Like a doll, she lets the other girl hold her close melting into her touch, feeling the fingers threading through her short locks and the chin resting against the top of her head as her hand palms at her hips. She can hear the girl inhale, taking in her scent, feeling every tremble her body made as the adrenaline ran through her veins.
 
Feeling brave, she gazes up into the dark eyes of her lover staring intently down at her. With a mind of its own, her hands trail upwards, reaching for the girl’s face through the darkness of the room. She feels her lean into her touch as her hand cups her cheek, thumb tracing the deep dimple that forms as the girl gave her that smile she loves so much.
 
She can sense the girl’s desire, can feel it radiating of her in waves. She knows what she wants, what she longs for. But she isn’t planning on making it easy for her. She wants the girl to work for it.
 
Her lover has always been too shy, too afraid to make the first move. She didn’t want that. She wants her to take the initiative and be greedy, to fight for them, to fight for her.
 
And from her reaction, maybe, just maybe, she is going to.
 
“Tzuyu,” she breathes when the younger girl backs her into a corner. Her fingers grasp at her shirt when she rests her forehead against her own, pressing her body onto hers to pin her against the door, keeping her there.
 
“Happy New Year, Jihyo Unnie,” she whispers before she presses their lips together and she’s left gasping as they meet. Blood rushes up to her cheeks as the kiss grow more heated and something in Jihyo snaps.
 
She’s left chasing after the younger girl when she tries to pull away, tugging at her shirt and whimpering for her to stay. Tzuyu’s hold on her hips tightens into a bruising grip as the kiss deepens until the tiny, sane part of Jihyo’s consciousness is all that’s left to force her off the other girl.
 
For a moment, there is nothing. Just the sound of their laboured breathing as she slumps back against the door. Stunned, her companion remains there, standing, her posture as rod straight as usual but the heaving chest and swollen lips prove that the kiss they shared was more than just her imagination.
 
Their gazes lock until Tzuyu turns away, a hint of pink dusting her cheeks. “We should go. The others must be looking for us,” she mutters, though the longing in her eyes said otherwise. And Jihyo decides that it was time for them to stop dancing around each other like this.
 
“I love you and I want you to be mine.” Her clear-cut confession catches the girl of guard, but Jihyo knows that there is no better way for her to structure her words.
 
She has waited three years to say this, waited three long years for their damn dating ban to be lifted and another two months to get the paparazzi of their tails.
 
Three years they've fleeted around each other, not daring to go further than longinging looks and lingering touches. Moments like this were the greatest gambles they could make, despite the encouragement the members were giving them.
 
Because they were terrified.
 
While they were no longer held back by their contracts, they knew they couldn’t risk being together. The moment the news of their ban being lifted had gone out, the number of press following their every move seemed to have increased, drawn to them like moths to a fire, hoping to get the latest scoop by catching them in action. And if they did, the media would have torn them apart like starving hyenas.
 
Even now, as she waits for a response, she’s afraid, fearing the rejection that she may receive. But the shy smile she receives is enough to send her heart soaring and Jihyo wonders just how much of a fool she must have been to have waited this long.
 
“You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for that.” The younger girl chuckles as she lean in, smirking when her breath brushed against the lips of her lover, making her shudder. “I love you too.”
 
And she allows Tzuyu to take her on another ride, capturing her lips for a second kiss, their first as an official couple. They ignore whatever happens outside the door, ignores the calls for their name.
 
This is their moment.
 
Everything else can wait.