Late Night Studying

Leader X Maknae: A Series of JiTzu Oneshots
 
 
Summary: Studying is always better when you're with company.
 
 

 
 
"Why is this so hard!" Tzuyu whined as she flipped through the pages of the textbook on her lap, pulling at her hair when she struggled to solve the worksheet her teacher had given her. Mathematics was difficult enough in her own native language, Mandarin; what more in a language she that still struggled to fully grasp, in a country that contained one of the highest standards in said subject. And on top of that, she still had to add in her schedules and training sessions into the mix.
 
So she sat there, on the living room couch, staring blankly at the numbers and letters that occupied the sheet of paper in her hand. Sure she could always have asked Chaeyoung or Dahyun for help, but it was past midnight and the last time she had seen the tiny rappers, they were comfortably huddled up under their warm blanket in their shared room, absent of worries that came with the wretched subject. Still, she trudged on, in hopes of finally putting an end to the task at hand.
 
Pen met paper as she went through every possible way of solving the equation. Multiplying, adding, subtracting; none of which provided her with a clear solution. An hour past before she finally made a breakthrough, a plausible solution to her troubles. Her hands sped up writing down the final steps of her calculations; her pen flying across the paper as fingers typed in the numbers into her calculator. 2X = 12, therefore X = 6. YES! FINALLY, she inwardly cheered, grinning proudly at her finished work. Hurriedly turning to the back of the book, she scanned the page for the answer. 
 
X=9.
 
Nonononono. She looked back and forth between the book and her work. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong answer, she hoped, taking one last glance at the work. But alas, she was indeed wrong. Tzuyu dejectedly sank back into her seat, groaning in frustration and burying her face into her hands. She had spent over an hour on that question and still ended up with nothing. And to make things worse, she still had more work on her plate and history ain't any better than Maths. It was going to be a very long night ahead.
 
"Tzuyu? Why are you still awake?"
 
Tzuyu looked to the hallway, eyes greeted by the sight of her half-awake girlfriend sluggishly making her way towards her. "Did I wake you?" she asked as she patted the spot on the sofa beside her, inviting the older girl to sit with her. "Nope. Was thirsty," Jihyo mumbled, curling up against Tzuyu once seated on the couch. "Maths?" Tzuyu hummed in response, an arm circling Jihyo's waist. She watched as Jihyo checked through her work, eyebrows furrowed as she scanned the paper.
 
"Isn't the answer 9?" the older girl lazily stated, questionably glancing up at Tzuyu whose mouth fell open in shock. After all, Jihyo had just solved a question that took her an hour to answer in less than a minute. "You missed a negative sign over here," Jihyo pointed out, giggling at Tzuyu's incredulous expression. "You might want to close your mouth Tzuyu-ah. You're welcome by the way." Tzuyu immediately shut and cleared . "I could have solved it on my own. I just didn't get the chance to finish checking it before you popped up." 
 
"Sure you could," Jihyo retorted, pecking Tzuyu's cheek before rising from her seat and walking to the kitchen. Tzuyu however, nearly whined at the lost. Although she wouldn't say it out loud, Jihyo's presence has always provided Tzuyu with the strength she needed especially on cold and stressful nights like this. Sighing, she went back to homework, correcting the mistake, her eyes constantly gazing in the direction of the kitchen. Once done, she put the book aside and pulled out her History book to revise, this time opting to sit on the floor instead.
 
Eventually Jihyo did return from the kitchen, two cups in hand and a book tucked under her arm. She held a cup out to Tzuyu who received it with two hands, raising an eyebrow at its contents. "Milk supposedly helps with memory," Jihyo stated, taking a sip before returning to her spot on the sofa and flipping open her book. "At least that's what my mom used to say." Tzuyu shrugged and took a sip, returning her attention to the book in hand. It didn't last long however, her lacking Korean proving to be her downfall as she struggled to make sense of the more difficult terms in the book.
 
Tzuyu turned her gaze to the girl seated behind her, a book in her lap and a cup of warm milk in her hands. Tzuyu didn't have the heart to disturb the leader who seemed to be absorbed in her book. Though reluctant, she was desperate and decided that she needed the help. "You need help, don't you?" Jihyo asked before Tzuyu could even raise the question. The maknae nodded and looked at the older girl with puppy eyes, silently begging for help. "Let me see that," she said with a laugh, plopping down beside Tzuyu and began teaching.
 
Tzuyu tried to pay attention, she really did. But with a girlfriend is as attractive as her Park Jihyo unnie at such a close proximity, it didn't take long before she began focusing on some other aspects instead, like Jihyo's attractive brain. While Mina was clearly Twice's brightest member, Tzuyu was sure Jihyo wasn't that far off, noting how she seemed to have a way with words and also raising some ingenious ideas on occasions. She also realises that she likes how the older girl looks in glasses. The frames giving her a nerdy yet adorable appearance. Smart Jihyo was charming indeed.
 
"Are you even listening to me?" Jihyo nagged, snapping Tzuyu out of her thoughts. The Taiwanese girl apologised, sending the older girl a sheepish smile. "Could you repeat that, unnie?" Jihyo pouted at Tzuyu's request but being the nice person that she is, she reiterated everything word by word, this time checking every few sentences to make sure that Tzuyu was listening. Thankfully, she was; even going the extra mile by writing little notes in her book.
 
"And that's about it," Jihyo concluded, smiling at the younger girl. Tzuyu nodded and thanked the leader who yawned in response. "Aren't you going back to bed?" Tzuyu asked knowing that Jihyo must have been exhausted from their never ending schedules. "Nope. Someone has to keep you company," Jihyo answered as she clambered back onto the couch, returning to her book. "You don't have to," Tzuyu argued, not wanting to further burden the leader. "But I want to," Jihyo spoke with an air of finality, ending the discussion then and there.
 
Their night continued in silence with only the sound of flipping pages and Tzuyu's occasional questions. At some point during the night, Jihyo started Tzuyu's hair, fingers casually threading through the maknae's long locks. Not that Tzuyu minded, the action was somewhat calming and she found herself slowly leaning into her touch. A bit later, she felt the hand linger in her hair, no longer continuing its steady movement.
 
"Unnie, why did you stop—' Tzuyu stopped mid-sentence, noticing how Jihyo had fallen asleep on the sofa with a hand resting on her stomach and the other still tangled in the younger girl's hair. Smiling softly, Tzuyu moved towards the older girl's face, brushing away the stray locks of hair covering her face. She then proceeded to slowly remove the glasses that were slowly sliding down her nose and folded it before putting it away. 
 
Seeing that Jihyo's book was discarded onto the floor, Tzuyu picked it up. Its contents however caught her eye; Jihyo's familiar handwriting next to several scribbles that she soon recognised was hànzì, Chinese characters. She's learning Mandarin? Her heart melted, remembering how Jihyo had once stated that she wished to learn her girlfriend's mother tongue in order to communicate with her family. She had not known of the older girl's aspiration and was genuinely moved by her actions.
 
"我爱你," Jihyo sleepily whispered, expressing her love for her surprised girlfriend whom hadn't notice that she was awake. "I really don't deserve you," Tzuyu responded with a laugh, "I love you too." And she leaned forward, kissing the half asleep leader of Twice. "Sleep with me?" the older girl asked and Tzuyu sniggered, holding in the urge to make a crude joke. "Sure," she replied, climbing onto the couch next to Jihyo, spooning her as both girls fell into a deep slumber in each other's arms, listening to the sound of each other's heartbeat. 
 

--------------------
 

"Come on unnie, this only happens once in a lifetime."
 
"It better," Nayeon grumbled as she let Sana drag her out of the bedroom. Today was the first break they've gotten in a while and she was clearly unhappy at being woken up at such an early hour, unlike Sana who seemed thoroughly excited at her 'remarkable' discovery. Turning the corner, Nayeon was surprised to see the rest of the Japanese members and even Jeongyeon peering out of the hall into the living room. This sparked her interest as well, prompting her to lean over and peek into the room.
 
This is new, Nayeon thought, grinning at the sight of their leader and maknae comfortably asleep on the couch. A once in a lifetime sight indeed. It was no secret among the members that the Jihyo and Tzuyu were together. After all, Tzuyu had turned to the older girls for help when she was planning to confess to her now girlfriend and even so, the members themselves had sworn before they debuted that they would not withhold any secrets from each other. Despite that, they had never seen any intimacy between the two other than their Tom and Jerry-like banters. Surprisingly, the ever loving Jihyo was too shy to show her affections in front of the girls and Tzuyu respected that. 
 
Thus, moments like this were scarce. And very adorable, Nayeon thought as the five girl observed the sleeping duo, shushing them when Jihyo stirred slightly but remained asleep, only nuzzling closer into Tzuyu's arms. Inwardly squealing like the fangirl that she was, the eldest of the lot shoved the four into the kitchen, wanting to give the couple more privacy. Slipping into her bedroom, she grabbed a blanket and phone before returning to the living room to snap a shot of the girls for blackmail and covering them with the blanket then popping back into the kitchen.
 
Sweet dreams you two
 

A/N: So here's the first one-shot. I'm sorry it's shorter than the stuff I usually write. (Hope you guys don't mind)
Hope you guys enjoyed the story. Thank you and see you during my next update.