Chapter 12

Espressivo

"Here," Yoongi held out a black USB stick, the initials PJM written on it with white ink, to the younger. "I added a few songs onto it, so feel free to choose whichever you like best." He explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

Yes, he was supposed to make a single track for Jimin; that's what he'd said a week ago when he (idiotically) offered to make a song for the younger male because of his guilt.

 

He knew it was meant to be one butㅡbut, when he'd watched Jimin's video he, he was rendered speechless. After the video had ended, all he did was stare at Jimin's back displayed on the screen for a good ten minutes because wow. So that's how the younger would've danced to his song.

 

It made Yoongi a little disappointed that he'd refused to allow that song to be used for Jimin's performance. Only a little.

 

He still would've said no, if Jimin asked him again because he wasn't ready yet. Still felt uncomfortable by the thought of having a large audience listening to his song, or any of his mixtape for that matter. They held so much meaning to Yoongi that it would take a long time before he ever considered to release them. He didn't have confidence in them either, so there's that tooㅡ

 

"Can I listen to them?" Jimin asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

 

"Oh, yeah, sure," Yoongi answered with a shrug, though he was nervous internally. "Go ahead." He seated himself on the leather stool by the piano, whipping his phone out to keep him occupied as he waited.

 

His attention stayed on the younger despite his open phone screen, however. Jimin excitedly rummaged through his bag for his headphones, an expression of great concentration on his face.

 

After a few seconds of searching, his face lit up, pulling the white earphones out of his bag. The corner of Yoongi's lips curved upwards at the younger's facial expressions. How cute.

 

Jimin plugging the buds to his ear had him biting his lips in anticipation. He hoped the younger would like the tracks because he had tried his best to match them to his choreography, although there had been moments where he got distracted by the way Jimin moved.

 

He couldn't help it, really. Anyone who'd have watched his performance would have been entranced by the dancer. How could someone be that fluid in their movements – that flexible?

 

Every step seemed flawless, no matter how many times he watched the younger dance, and he had watched it more than he'd ever watched any dance performance. Largely due to needing a reference as he worked on the tracks, of course. Partly because, well, he'd just wanted toㅡ

 

"Hyung, these are..." He immediately stood up, noticing a blank expression on Jimin's chubby face.

 

Oh no, had he not liked them?

 

Well, that's definitely not a face of someone who liked it. His conscience remarked.

 

"What is it? Did you not like them? Do you not think they'll fit your dance? I'm sorryㅡ, you only have three weeks now. I should've been quicker. Noㅡthat probably wouldn't have changed anything orㅡmaybe it would have? Oh, you could tell me what you didn't like, and I could change them right now, how about that?" He noticed the younger was looking at him, an amused expression painted on his face, and his arms were slipped inside his track bottom pockets. Baffled by the dancer's expression, he spoke, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

"Hyung, you didn't let me finish," the younger remarked. This gained Yoongi's attention because oh. God, how embarrassing. Flustered but curious, he crossed his arms over his chest and waited for Jimin to continue. "I love them." The beaming smile the younger gave him momentarily blinded him.

 

And the next thing he knew, he was being embraced by Jimin again.

 

"They're amazing, hyung," the younger whispered before releasing his hold. He beamed at Yoongi again, "Everyone's gonna be blown away by my performance for sure now! Thank you so much!" The dancer grasped his pale hand, causing his face to burn up again (God, what the hell was happening with him?). Yoongi snatched his hand back to himself and smiled at the dancer.

 

"You don't need to thank me, I only helped because I didn't want it to be because of me that you'd have to redo your choreography," he shrugged in nonchalance.

 

"Yes, I do, hyung. And I never said it was your fault, it's mine – I should've asked for your permission to use your music. I'm sorry," the dancer had the most ridiculous pout on his face, yetㅡyet it only managed to double his cuteness. How unfair.

 

"Jimin, I'm not mad. It's not like you could've known those songs were mine, anyway," Yoongi assured.

 

"Still Iㅡ"

 

"Really, it's okay," he insisted.

 

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked, unconvinced. He sighed because he really wasn't upset anymore. Partly found himself guilty for yelling at the younger that evening.

 

"Yes."

 

"No, but really, are you sure?"

 

"Yes, yes I am."

 

"Okay but, are you a 100% sure? You're not just saying that because you can't resist my adorable pout, are you?" The younger of the two pushed his face toward him, showcasing his pout ridiculously. Yoongi backed away, an eyebrow raised because what was this kid trying to do?

 

"Jimin, please get out of my personal space," he replied, his tone deadpan. The silver-haired male backed away as asked, but not before sticking his tongue out in annoyance. "Seriously? You're such a kid." Although the corner of his lips was curving upwards.

 

"At least I'm not a grumpy dwarf," he heard the dancer mutter under his breath with a scoff.

 

"Really? I could have sworn I heard your friend say that you called me hot, though..." Yoongi remarked with a tilt of his head. A smirk crept across his face as he noticed Jimin become flustered.

 

"That wasㅡ! Iㅡ" the younger stammered, looking slightly in panic. He pursed his lips, trying to suppress his laughter.

 

"That was? Go ahead, I'm all ears," he insisted with a nod.

 

"That wasㅡum...what I was trying to say was, erㅡ"

 

"Jimin-ah!" Both of them diverted their attention to the door of the studio. Hoseok?

 

"Hyung!" The silver-haired male stated in surprise, running to the older and grabbing a hold of his arm.

 

"So, this is where you were!" The blonde grinned down at the younger. "I was looking everywhere for you, Jiminie." Yoongi watched as the two smiled at each other, with Jimin's cheeks tinged red. His eyes immediately darted away from the couple, feeling uncomfortable by the exchange.

 

It's as if he was invisible.

 

He found himself wishing he was.

 

"You were looking for me? For what?" He heard the silver-haired male ask, a confused expression painted on his face as he backed away slightly. Although he kept his arm linked with Hoseok. He noticed the blonde glance at him, then back at Jimin, then him again. Huh?

 

"I wanted to know if you have any plans for the rest of the day," he answered with a grin. Another glance at Yoongi, then back to the younger, "do you wanna go out somewhere?"

 

Why was Hoseok constantly glancing his way? It confused him.

 

"Oh, I don't have any plans, where do you want to go?" The younger asked, tilting his head in question. Yoongi slipped his hands into his pockets just so he had something to do. He bit his lower lip – should he leave?

 

He had given Jimin the tracks already, and they had decided not to do any practice today.

 

(He'd messaged the younger earlier, and asked if they could cancel because he was just so tired. Mostly because of his assignments; he'd been falling slightly behind, what with the competition still stressing him out.)

 

How was he meant to get to know Jimin better when he's always so busy with his final exam?

 

Frustrated, that's what he felt in that moment.

 

Sighing inwardly, he decided he would figure something out later. Looking at the couple still in their own world, he wondered if he should just leave without saying a word. He doubted either of them would notice his absence anyway.

 

Choosing to leave quietly, he started walking towards the door. Hoping to escape the awkward atmosphere – well, at least for him.

 

"Oh hyung!" Damn it. He was almost out as well. Sighing, he turned around, "Do you want to join us? We're going to Jin hyung's cafe. My treat." Hoseok offered, causing him to become baffled because what? Were they not going on a date? Even Jimin looked slightly confused.

 

"It's fine, I'm not big on third-wheeling, so why don't the both of you go ahead?" Yoongi replied, waving his hand in dismissal.

 

"When did I say anything about third-wheeling?" The blonde male chuckled, "We'll be meeting the others there." He explained and oh. "You should come, hyung. Jin hyung kept complaining about not seeing you for a week. He'll be assured that you're still living and breathing if he sees you."

 

"It was just a week. Hyung needs to calm down," he argued, rolling his eyes.

 

"This is Jin we're talking about – he's never calm," he remarked, laughing. Well, he wasn't wrong about that, he thought. "So, are you coming?" He had caught up to all his work, and seeing the others again didn't seem so bad, he guessed.

 

"Alright," Yoongi gave a slight nod, "guess I could do with some coffee." He shrugged.

 

"Okay! It's decided then," the blonde slung his arm over his shoulder to which he glared at. He noticed that his other hand was held by Jimin's hand, who swung their hands to and fro; he noted how widely the younger was smiling. He must've been staring again because the silver-haired dancer looked his way, tilting his head in question. Instantly, he looked the other way because Min Yoongi, what the hell were you doing?

 

"Hoseok-ah, you're heavy," he complained, though there was no hint of irritation in his voice. An apology from the blonde male as he removed his arm from his shoulders. He started walking ahead; felt like he needed to clear his head. His own thoughts were confusing him.

 

Shaking his head, he continued to walk to Jin's cafe, ignoring the two behind him, who were being annoyingly loud and happy for his liking, honestly.

 

♪ ♪ ♪

 

When they'd arrived, it wasn't difficult to find his friends. They were right near the entrance, occupying two tables.

 

"We're here! Oh, and we brought Yoongi," the blonde-haired male announced, settling down next to Jimin who sat across from Jungkook and Namjoon. Yoongi settled beside Namjoon.

 

"Glad to see you're still alive, hyung," Namjoon remarked, patting him on the back causing him to roll his eyes in response. "You look like you've gone through hell and back, though."

 

"Well, that's one way to put it," he muttered to himself, recalling the countless nights he went without sleep because of Jiㅡhis assignments, he meant his assignments.

 

Really, his music theory professor had been almost thrilled to see him suffering during class, barely awake from his coffee – he could tell, Mr. Lee was enjoying every moment of it. He chose to ignore it as well as he could, but, with the professor constantly picking on him when he would accidentally manage to drift off, it became a difficult task. He couldn't understand what the elder had against him, really.

 

"You alright?" The younger asked, brows furrowed in worry. Yoongi sighed, nodding in assurance.

 

"I'll be fine, don't worry," he answered, resting his palm under his chin. "I just need coffee, that's all." He sent a lopsided smiled at the younger.

 

"What you need is sleep, you idiot," a new voice added in a reprimanding tone before a white cup was slid in front of him. "Honestly Yoongi, I thought I told you not to sleep so late anymore. Look at you, you look like you haven't had a night of proper rest."

 

"Hyung, really, I'll be fine," he repeated, rolling his eyes at the older male. When the older sent him an unconvincing glare however, he sighed, "I promise I'll go to sleep as soon as I get home, okay?" Jin broke out into a grin and reached out, ruffling his hair fondly.

 

"Good."

 

"Well!" The voice across him beamed, startling him out of his skin. Jung Hoseok, he thought with irk, "Now that that's all sorted – I have someone I want to introduce to you." Hoseok gestured to the silver-haired male, grinning at him brightly. The younger returned the smile just as brightly, a tinge of red painting his cheeks.

 

"Hoseok hyung, you already introduced us to Jimin," Jungkook stated in confusion.

 

"Yes, I did – but, not as my boyfriend," he grinned as he watched the surprised looks on his friends' faces as he wrapped his arm around his boyfriend's shoulder.

 

"Bo-Boyfriend," the youngest whipped his head from Jimin to Hoseok repeatedly.

 

"Boyfriend," the dancer confirmed.

 

"Since when?" Yoongi directed his attention to Jin who, who looked void of emotion almost. There was something in his tone that he couldn't quite place. When he turned back to his roommate, he became even more baffled. Hoseok looked uneasy, trying to avoid the older male's eyes. What was going on? Yoongi wondered as he glanced at the two friends.

 

"I, um, I asked Hoseok hyung to be my boyfriend two days ago," it was Jimin who answered, all smiles, and a still blushing face. It made something churn inside Yoongi's stomach, but he couldn't place what.

 

"And you said yes," Jin's attention was back on Hoseok, and he almost seemed angry to Yoongi. For whatever reason, he couldn't comprehend, but he was curious as to what had possibly made the oldest act like this.

 

"I was surprised, actually," Jimin added, the red growing on his cheeks as he scratched the back of his head, "I didn't think he'd say yes."

 

"Aw, who could refuse such an adorable face," Namjoon cooed, reaching out to pinch the younger's cheek, causing the dancer to actually giggle in response. Where the  had that come from? So ing adorab

 

"Thanks, hyung," the younger said, his eyes practically disappearing as he beamed at the older. What the hell?

 

He snorted as he watched in disbelief as the dancer interacted with his friends, acting disgustingly cute.

 

The Park Jimin he knew was a cheeky little brat that only wanted to get on his nerves. A hell of a dancer, so flexible that it blew his minㅡwait. Stop. What is wrong with you, Min Yoongi? Just stop. He turned his attention to Jin, who still hadn't stopped glaring at Hoseok.

 

Hoseok stayed silent, he noted, avoiding eye contact with the eldest. What's going on? He wondered as he looked at the two friends again. Yoongi was about to nudge the pink-haired male to ask if everything was alright when he spoke up.

 

"Hoseok, can we talk for a moment?" The pink-haired male asked, so quiet that he'd have almost missed it. A screech from his right directed his attention to Hoseok, who stood up and excused himself, his face void of emotion. He noticed Jin stand up and follow behind, until they both disappeared from his peripheral vision.

 

Ten minutes had passed, he had finished his coffee, and the two still hadn't returned. Worry and curiosity getting the better of him, he decided to get up as well.

 

"I'll be right back. Gonna take a piss," and without waiting for so much as a response, he headed in the direction he'd seen Hoseok and Jin go to.

 

He knew he shouldn't be doing this. Knew he shouldn't be eavesdropping, of all things. It was clearly not a matter of his concern – yet. Yoongi normally stayed away from anything that wasn't his business. Yet. He was worried and curious. Jin and Hoseok had been gone for longer than they should be, and he couldn't help that he was a little concerned. So, he followed.

 

The voices became clearer as he walked closer to the toilets.

 

"...up with him, Hoseok." It was Jin's voice, and it sounded as if he was desperate. "You don't like Jimin in the way he likes you, and I won't just sit back and let it happen. You're both going to end up hurt – no, I can't let that happen. Please, for your sake and Jimin's, end this right here." Yoongi's brows furrowed in confusion as he listened.

 

What was Jin talking about? Of course, Hoseok liked Jimin. They practically looked at each other as if they're each other's entire world. Hoseok had even blushed when he had first talked about Jimin to him. Of course, Hoseok liked Jimin. And it was obvious Jimin liked the former, seeing the way he looked so fondly at the older every time they saw each other. Honestly, Yoongi couldn't comprehend what had made the eldest say all these things.

 

"But what if I do like Jimin like that?" he heard Hoseok blurt out.

 

"But you don't." And he sounded so sure, Yoongi's brow raised high in surprise.

 

"I'm trying."

 

"There's no guarantee you'll change your mind."

 

"You don't know that!" He jumped back in shock at the younger's raised voice.

 

"The longer you take to come to a decision, the deeper Jimin will fall," he heard the older sigh, sounding exhausted, "I may not know Jimin for as long as you do, but I can tell that he's the serious type, and you know that. So, I'm telling you, just, just stop this andㅡ"

 

"A month. A month, hyung – that's all I'm asking for. I promise I'll end things with Jimin if my feelings haven't changed then." What the was he sayingHe thought in anger, his fingers curling up into a fist. He couldn't actually be serious about this, right? "Who knows, maybe Iㅡ"

 

"No, you're not doing this, Hoseok. Do you hear me? You're not," Jin paused, and Yoongi found himself catching his breath for a moment as he waited, "Feelings don't change that easily. It's going to take longer than that for you to forget about him." Him?

 

"I have forgotten about him."

 

"Don't. Don't ing lie to me." Jin hissed. It took Yoongi aback because the older male rarely cursed. The only time he did was when he was incredibly furious about something or at someone. He had no doubt this was one of those moments. "You see him practically every single day – I've seen the way you look at him, Hoseok. And let me tell you, you are far from forgetting," He wondered who Jin was speaking of. "It's how Jimin looks at you, you know." There was something in his tone that made something churn inside of him.

 

"Hyung, don'tㅡ"

 

"I know it's hard, Hoseok, but you can't possibly believe that playing with Jimin's feelings like this will help you in forgetting Yooㅡ"

 

"Hyung? What are you doing out here?" Yoongi placed a hand on his heart because God, he'd almost had a heart attack. Turning around, he was met with a confused Park Jimin, his head tilted in question.

 

"I was just, umㅡ"

 

"Oh? Jin hyung and Hoseok hyung, you're here too," Jimin stated in a matter of fact tone. His heart skipped a beat as he slowly turned around to face the two in question.

 

"Yoongi, Jimin-ah," the pink-haired male breathed out, he looked anxious as he glanced at the two of them. . Had he figured out Yoongi has been listening to their conversation? "Is everything alright?"

 

"Oh, yeah, I was just going to wash my hands," the silver-haired male answered, sending a small smile. All three pairs of eyes turned to Yoongi and he gulped.

 

"I was, uh, I came to take a piss," he tried to act as normal as he could with the new information he'd just heard.

 

"Right, okay, well, I'll get out of your way then," the eldest uttered before walking past them to return to the front of the café.

 

"I'm go-I'm gonna go ahead, too," a last worried glance at Yoongi, he left the two of them alone.

 

Yoongi didn't move, pondering over everything he'd just witnessed. There were so many questions spinning around in his mind but the people who had the answer didn't know he'd heard them (at least, he hoped they hadn't). He didn't know what to do. And he couldn't understand what this person Jin was talking about that Hoseok couldn't forget.

 

"Yoongi hyung," a voice chimed, a small hand waving in front of his face. "Don't you need to go anymore? What's wrong?" He watched a frown grow on the younger's face.

 

"Mind your own business, brat," he reprimanded, flicking the dancer's forehead, causing Jimin to cry out in pain, "Just go wash your hands." Without waiting for a response, he walked back to the table, tightly curled fists inside his pockets.

 

What had he been thinking? Eavesdropping into a private conversation like this. God, he just wanted to forget about it all now.

 

He needed to sleep this off, he thought as he declared to his friends that he was leaving.

 


 

a/n: this is incredibly late, i know. i'm sORRY, uni stress caught up with me and it's all i can think about most of the time sighs. i can't wait for christmas break because yes, i need this. anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed reading this, i went through a lot of crap writing it (which involved me not saving what i'd written and then proceeding to rewrite the last quarter of the chapter from what i could remember /shrugs/). buuut, thank you for subscribing and commenting! it means a lot <3