Trusty Sidekick

Beautiful Goodbye

 

Nicole’s P.O.V

 

 

“Unni! See you tomorrow!” cried Jiyoung.

 

I smiled and waved and proceeded to continue walking home. Gosh it was unusually cold for this time of the year! I trudged up the road, dying to get home, into my warm and cozy home. I sighed and I continued on my journey home.

 

As I was walking, I heard a familiar voice.

 

“…ber! Krystal! Wait!”

 

 My heart started racing. Was it who I thought it was? I jogged around the corner and I ran straight into someone. Embarrassed, I quickly started apologising.

 

“Nicole?”

 

I had to do a double take. There was no way it would be him. He never walked this way unless well… since he moved houses, there was no reason for him to walk this way.

 

I smiled and looked up at him. He gave me a small smile and then glanced backwards. I leaned to the side to see what, or who he was looking at.  There was a girl with long hair who looked at him apologetically before smiling and rushing to catch up to the person walking in front of her.

 

When Key turned around to face me again, He smiled back and held his arms out. I ran into his arms and squealed.

 

“YAH! WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING THESE DAYS THAT YOU HAVEN’T HAD TIME TO SEE ONE OF YOUR BEST FRIENDS?! Even Jiyoung has time to and she basically gets the same work load as you do since you guys are in most of each other’s classes,” I scolded.

 

He laughed nervously.

 

“Well you know, senior year equals study like there's no tomorrow. But I’m free now?”

 

“Good call. So who was that girl?” I asked as I pinched his cheeks.

 

He pushed my hands away and flicked my forehead. I pouted and rubbed my forehead.

 

“Nicole! Don’t you remember, pinched my cheeks is a big no-no,” he said, while lightly touching my nose.

 

I glared at him then laughed.

 

“Well you know, touching my nose like that is a big no-no too!”

 

I stuck my tongue out at him and then I realised that we were standing out here in the cold. I looked at Key and he seemed to have realised that too. He grabbed my hand and we walked back down the road.

 

 “That was a friend from school by the way. I needed to apologise for making my other friend fall off her chair,” he chuckled.

 

He started telling me about his day and I told him about mine.

 

“Ahh… my partner in fun, Key. How I missed having you around at school!” I laughed after we finished.

 

He laughed.

 

“Well instead of one trusty sidekick, I have four at school, but obviously they can never replace my Jung Nicole. Let’s go to a café and get warmed up there. I’ll buy you a drink,” he offered.

 

I nodded. Despite the chill, the evening was beautiful. We then strolled down the street to the café, joking around with each other and swinging our arms backwards and forwards, maybe a bit too violently... Mid swing, Key stopped and held my hand up. He looked at it and smiled.

 

 “Weren’t these the mittens that I bought you when we started middle school?”

 

I nodded.

 

“It’s amazing you can still fit them,” he joked.

 

“Yah! Are you saying my hands grew really big over those few years? Of course I can still fit them – they're big anyway.” I retorted and snatched my hand out of his grip. These gloves were so precious to me that even if they were worn out, I still would have kept them and worn them.
 

“Well I had that in mind when I bought them, that and the fact they're really warm. Ahh! I feel so touched that you still have them,” said Key as he put one arm around my shoulder and the other one against his heart.  I laughed at him being dramatic.

 

When we got to a cosy looking café, we ordered our drinks and found seats. We talked and laughed into the night. This felt so nice, being the first time we were out together in a while.

 

As I soon as I got home, I couldn’t help thinking of how awesome our catch up session was. I quickly pulled out my phone and sent a text.

 

Almighty Key!

 

Let’s meet again sometime soon !
I missed having your company most of this year and you complained about me not being there when you needed me … Whose fault was that huh? Kekeke

 

Night ^^

 

 

He replied instantly.

 

 

Not mine of course … Kekeke

Of course! How could I refuse you? Tonight was fun ^^

 

See you soon then! :D

Night <3

 

I smiled as I read the text. I couldn't wait until our next meeting.