They're Official

Beautiful Goodbye

Amber’s P.O.V

 

I released my grip on the cone. I heard it splat on the floor but I didn’t care. I was screaming and crying inside from happiness but I appeared frozen to him. I was so ecstatic. I looked at him and he was standing there, smiling. His face was all red too. I couldn’t believe that he just kissed me. I opened my mouth to tell him that I liked him too, but no words came out. I just stood there, frozen with shock.

 

The smile on Key’s face slowly slipped off and turned into an expression of concern. He waved his hand in front of my face.

 

“Amber! Earth to Amber! Are you ok?”

 

“I like ice cream.”

 

Oh gosh Amber, of all things to say after a guy confesses to you, you say ‘I like ice cream.” He looked amused.

 

“You like ice cream? I guess it was pretty good – yours especially…But you dropped it…”

 

My heart was pounding against my chest. I tried to compose myself before he gets any thoughts of me rejecting him – this was the best thing in the world!

 

I took a deep breath, tentatively took his hand and smiled at him.

 

“I like you too,” I whispered.

 

He smiled and leaned closer.

 

“Could you please repeat that? I didn’t hear it properly,” he teased.

 

“I like y-“

 

He kissed me again. I felt all woozy. I wanted to tell him to stop before I fainted in the middle of the street. I reluctantly pushed him away.

 

“YAH! Do you want me to faint in the middle of the street! Stop kissing me!”

 

As soon as I realised what words flew out of my mouth, my hands instantly flew up to my face to cover it. I looked around and saw people staring at me. I was so embarrassed I wished that apparition was possible – just like in Harry Potter.

 

“You’re going to faint if I continue kissing you? I guess that’s the charm of the Almighty Key,” he laughed.

 

I glared at him.

 

He pouted then took my hand and dragged me to a café. He quickly ordered drinks and ushered me to a booth before dashing off somewhere. I sat around waiting for him, wondering where on earth he went. I looked at my watch, five-thirty. He had been gone for fifteen minutes. Then I looked at my mug of Chai Latte. It was empty. Annoyed, I pulled out my phone and texted Key.

 

IF YOU DON’T COME BACK SOON, I AM GOING TO LEAVE!

 

 

Just as I sent the text, he came running through the doors, carrying two paper shopping bags. He went shopping. And left me here waiting. I narrowed my eyes at him as he walked over to our table.

 

“Sorry! I was running around trying to find the perfect one and then I was going to give up but then the last shop had it and I JUST had to buy it!” he cried excitedly.

 

“What was so important to buy that you just left me here by myself!?” I snapped.

 

“Close your eyes! You’ll love it!”
 

“This better be good!”

 

I closed my eyes and felt something soft being placed on my shoulders. I then felt him kiss my forehead. I blushed.

 

“Open!”

 

Upon opening my eyes, I saw that a light blue baseball jacket with pink leopard print sleeves was draped around my shoulders. I looked up at him and saw that he was wearing the same one.

 

Author’s Note: The blue jacket that Amber has in Pinocchio :D

 

“COUPLE JACKETS!” he smiled.

 

I laughed.

 

“Couple jackets?”

 

“I was looking for earrings or something at first, but then these jackets caught my eye and I could imagine everyone being jealous of us cause WE’RE SO AWESOME!”

 

I raised my eyebrow at him.

 

“I mean, with earrings people won’t see it properly, so with jackets, we can show everyone that you’re mine and I’m yours!”

 

“Oh gosh…”

 

His face dropped.

 

“You don’t like them?”
 

“NO! I love them… you were just being so cheesy!”

 

“It’s my job! Since you don't seem to have an ounce of cheesy in you…” he replied, “So… are we definitely official?”

 

I basically beamed at him.

 

He smiled back, grabbed my hand and led me outside to a nearby playground. As soon as we reached the playground, like young children, we ran for the swings – we were high school seniors but you could never be too old for the swings. I got there first, sat down on the swing and poked my tongue out at him as I started to kick off from the ground. He pretended to be mad, crossed his arms and stood right in front of me, stopping me from swinging any higher.

 

“You want to be kicked in the face don’t you?”  I teased.

 

“If anyone ruins this face, I’ll kill them!”

 

“Well if you’re not trying to get kicked in the face, what are you trying to do then?”

 

“I wanted to take a photo with you – so we can remember this day,” he said, as he pulled out his phone and walked behind me. He put his face next to mine, held the phone in front and took the photo. As he checked the photo, I began to swing again, only to be stopped by Key.

 

“WAIT! We have to take another one! My face looked funny!” he complained.

 

I grabbed the phone off him and looked at the photo. It looked fine. He just looked like he was too happy. So happy that it was borderline creepy.

 

“What on earth are you talking about? It looks fine!”

 

“NOOOO! It looks terrible! Let’s take another one!”

 

Shaking my head, I agreed to take other one with him. As we took photos, I started to think about today’s events. Despite embarrassing myself, sitting in the café alone waiting for Key and his divaness, today was the day I was waiting for all this time. 

 

 

Author's Note: SHINEE'S COMEBACK! *crazy fangirling* Key is just ... breathtakingly amazing :D I've been waiting for this ever since their Hello promotions ended... Who else is excited for their long-awaited comeback? :D