They Know!

Beautiful Goodbye

Amber’s P.O.V

 

I met up with Nicole in Myeongdong and we headed to the book store to find books for our literature assessment task. As we walked around, we picked random books off the shelves and took them to a window seat overlooking the streets, teeming with people.

 

I picked up a random book from the stack and read the blurb out loud. My cheeks blazed as the book had reminded me of Key. I put my hands on my face and squished my cheeks together. Nicole, noticing my weird actions put her book down and laughed at me.

 

“Why is your face so red? You just read the back of a book!”

 

I nervously laughed as Nicole picked up the book and skimmed through it. When she finally finished, she looked up at me and smiled.

 

“So is there someone you like?” she asked playfully, wriggling her eyebrows.

 

“So what if there is?” I laughed.

 

“TELL ME ABOUT HIM!!!” she cried.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yes! As an Unni, I should be able to give you advice about these things, now please tell me,” said Nicole, with a straight face.

 

I laughed nervously. My heart furiously pounding against my ribs.

 

“Fine.”

 

Nicole let out a small squeal, gathering looks from people in the aisle. She shyly bowed an apology and looked at me intently.

 

“So what’s he like?” she smiled, eager to hear about him.

 

“Um… He’s in most of my classes at school… One of my closest friends… He’s …” I drifted off and turned away. Aigoo! This was so embarrassing!

 

“Aww come on Amber! Nothing to be ashamed of!” laughed Nicole, while tugging my arm. “You’re so cute talking about him!”

 

I smiled and continued to describe him.

 

“It’s clichéd but… he’s not like other guys. When I say he’s not like other guys, I mean it… He… lights up my day when I see him. It feels like everything is ok when I’m with him… He’s …awesome?” I looked up at Nicole, while smiling nervously. She was basically beaming.

 

“You should totally confess!” cried Nicole. “Aigoo! Amber having a crush on someone is so cute! I never thought I’d get to see this side of you!”

 

I scowled at her.

 

“I think I’m just a friend to him…” I sighed.

 

“You never know my dear,” winked Nicole.

 

I laughed and proceeded to pick a book to buy out of the pile I had.

 

As we walked out of the store, an idea popped into my head and I grinned like a total idiot while we walked to the nearest ice cream parlour.

 

“Why on earth are you smiling like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland?” asked Nicole.

 

“You’re really asking that question?”

 

“Yes… You can’t be THAT happy about the book… OR… IS IT BECAUSE YOU JUST SAW HIM AND DIDN’T TELL ME?!”

 

I laughed.

 

“No… If I did see him, I’d tell you… so… do YOU like anyone?” I asked.

 

Nicole nearly tripped over. As she gained her balance, she laughed nervously and said something inaudible.

 

“What was that?” I grinned.

 

“He’s my best friend.” She said and walked ahead of me. So it was like that… I smiled and jogged up to her. Time for a taste of her own medicine. As soon as I caught up to her, I tugged her arm.

 

“Tell me!”

 

She ignored me and continued walking to the ice cream store. As soon as we ordered, and sat down, she finally spoke.

 

“He’s my best friend… I’ve known him since we were like in kindergarten and we see each other nearly every day. I was just with him yesterday… and he told me he liked someone and… I’m sort of hoping it’s me, from the description he gave me…”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me when I asked you?!” I cried.

 

“What, I couldn’t launch into an explanation in the middle of the street could I?”

 

“True… So! When are you seeing him next?”

 

“In two days or so?”

 

“I hope he asks you out then!”

 

Nicole giggled.

 

While we ate our ice creams, she suddenly looked up with a puzzled face. I returned a confused look and she looked as if she was thinking about something.

 

“You know what you told me about the guy…?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Well my friend said something really similar to you… about the whole friends bit… That’s like so weird…” she said.

 

I laughed.

 

“Well you are friends with both of us, whoever he is… so great minds think alike? And you’re friends with VERY wise people,” I joked.

 

She playfully punched me then looked at me with all seriousness.

 

“You should confess to him,” said Nicole.

 

“But what if the whole friendship thing is true… and things get awkward between us as a result?”

 

“Go for it – You never know, he might feel the same way back… and I think I just said exactly the same thing to him yesterday as well,” she chuckled.

 

I looked down at my ice cream, debating on whether I should tell Key or not. I don’t know… What if I did and it made things awkward between us? I sighed and gave a small smile to Nicole as we both sat there eating. I’ll… decide what to do later.

 

From super-LOVE: SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY ( did you see what I did there? kekeke Super Junior ♥) to my subscribers for the looooong wait for this update. I've just completed my physics assignment and I still have 5 more for each of my other subjects to go so I don't have much time to update... As soon as all these asessments are over... I'll Be Back! kekeke I did it again... 

 

In the meantime... Let's all go and listen to Big Bang's new songs! :D