Key likes Amber !

Beautiful Goodbye

 Three days later…

 

Krystal’s P.O.V

 

I was walking to school with Amber and Sulli, when suddenly I heard Amber yelp. Sulli and I turned to her and saw that Key had launched himself on her back. He laughed and slid off the put his arm around her shoulder. I looked at Sulli with a knowing look as we greeted Key.

 

“Oppa! You’re finally back!” cried Sulli.

 

“Yeah, it was about time too – My cold kinda got worse over the weekend,” replied Key.

 

I glanced at Amber, whose face was a slight tinge of pink. I smiled slyly at her as she glared at me. I stopped walking, grabbed Sulli’s arm and pulled her back.

 

“You guys go on without us, I realised I need to buy…something…for… Sulli!”

 

“Why do you need to –“I covered Sulli’s mouth with my hand and nudged her with the other. Key and Amber smiled and kept walking. As soon as they were at least ten metres away from us, I put down my hand.

 

“What the heck?!” cried Sulli.

 

“Let’s follow them,” I replied.

 

“Follow them? What was wrong with just walking with them?”

 

“Well, if we were there, they would have been like… holding back their normal cutesy stuff.”

 

Sulli lit up. She finally got what I meant and pulled me towards them. Once we were behind them, close enough to hear what they were saying, but far enough so that they did not realise that we were following them, Sulli and I listened intently to what they were talking about.

 

“I missed your smiling face these past few days,” said Key.

 

“Well you see it now,” replied Amber curtly. 
 

I chuckled. It was so like Amber to give short replies like this when she was nervous.

 

“Aww… Is that all I get? I was sick in bed for four days and you don’t say you missed me to?” whined Key.

 

Amber laughed.

 

“Fine. I missed your smiling face too, but I didn’t miss your whining.”

 

I shivered and looked at Sulli, who was pretending to make gagging noises. They were so cute that I could feel it radiating off them.

 

Key suddenly poked Amber’s cheek.

 

“Ahh! I miss these soft squishy cheeks! They’re like marshmallows,” laughed Key, as he continued poking her cheek. Key was about to turn around to face us and in alarm, Sulli and I pulled each other behind a hedge.

 

“I swear Krystal and Sulli were following us…” mused Key.

 

Amber whipped her head around.

 

“What? There’s no one there,” she replied.

 

“No, I think they were following us…They probably went and hid somewhere.” 

 

He shrugged then continued walking, while Amber still stood there. She looked around, sighed and ran after him.

 

“We got caught,” grumbled Sulli.

 

“We’ll deny it.” I stated.

 

I looked at my watch. We only had 15 minutes before school started, so we power walked towards school.

 

Just as Sulli and I parted ways to class, we were certain of one thing – it was obvious that Key and Amber had feelings for each other. They didn’t want to admit it, or they were blind and they would be so cute together.

 

 

Key’s P.O.V

 

As I took my seat next to Amber in class, my heart was still racing. She said she missed me while we were walking to school. Despite the cold weather, I felt nice and warm inside. I was so glad that I was back at school, because that meant I would see her every day.

 

“Key! KEY!”

 

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked around and saw everyone looking at me.

 

“The teacher called you,” whispered Amber.

 

I felt my face growing red.

 

“Pay attention Mr. Kim!” scolded the teacher.

 

I looked down, embarrassed.

 

“Neh!”

 

I sat there for the rest of the lesson, my thoughts scattered. I glanced over at Amber, her brow furrowed as she tried to figure out the answer to the problem. She looked so cute. Before I knew it, I ended up sitting there staring at her until the bell rang. She wasn’t like any other girl that I’ve met before, not even Nicole. She was… perfect. But we were friends. I didn’t want to ruin that. What if I confessed and she rejects me? Our friendship won’t be the same. She noticed that I was staring at her, looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back and turned back to my book and sighed. I won’t risk it. No. I’d rather have her as a friend than nothing at all.