First Day

Beautiful Goodbye

 

Amber’s P.O.V

The first day at a new school is always the hardest. There's no one that you know, new buildings to familiarise yourself with, new teachers … well you get my point. New everything. I smiled and headed into the school. A fresh start is what I need.

I walked around the huge buildings. This school looked more like a concert hall than a proper school. I have a good feeling about this place. I continued to explore the school so I wouldn’t get lost later, then suddenly, the bell rang. I pulled out my timetable from my bag and checked which class I was in. As soon as I saw the class number, I face-palmed myself. I ran through the hallways, twisting and turning around corners, trying to get to class in time then, being my typical clumsy self, I tripped over my own feet, sending my books flying down the corridor. WHY NOW?!

I stumbled as I rushed to pick up my books. I was definitely going to be late.

“Hey! Are these books yours?”

I looked up and saw two girls picking up my multiple books.

“Umm… yeah… Thanks!” I smiled.

As they walked towards me and handed me my books, they started introducing themselves.

“I’m Krystal and this is my friend Victoria. Are you new here?”

“I’m Amber. Yeah I am… Umm… so, do you guys happen to know the quickest way to Room 23?”

“You’re in Room 23?!” cried the girl called Victoria.

I nodded.

“We are too!”

Krystal laughed.

“I think we should head there now before we get told off for being late to class. We’ll show you the short cut!”

Victoria then grabbed my arm and started running. I tried to run as quickly as I could without tripping over and in no time, we reached Room 23.

The teacher stood at the door and nodded at us as we walked in.  She looked at me and smiled.

“This is your first day here, yes?”

I nodded.

“You can go introduce yourself to the class,” she smiled.

I glanced around the room to find Victoria and Krystal. They smiled at me and mouthed “FIGHTING!”

I nervously walked to the front of the room and smiled.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Amber, Please take care of me!”

I bowed and I went to sit in the empty seat in between Krystal, Victoria and another girl with blonde hair.

 “I’m Luna,” said the girl with blonde hair.

“Hi!”

“Come hang out with us at lunch! If you want to, that is…” offered Luna.

“Sure! Why not! Thanks!” I smiled. Ahh... Thank God I won't be walking around the school looking like a lost, lonely person or sitting by myself. 

“GIRLS! Get to know each other later! Pay attention!” scolded Miss Choi.

We all apologised and turned to face her.

This was a very good start to my first day.