Mandu

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

=

[CONTENTID1] Mandu  [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Wait. Why was Yunho here? I’m pretty sure that’s his voice, right? Or am I hallucinating? You know, my mind’s not in its best state right now. But then, I remembered. The only reason why he’s in Busan was because of his dad, right? And I did hear the words appa not too long ago.

I peeked through the little window of the door, trying to investigate this whole thing. Yup. That’s definitely his body. Tall, with wide shoulders. And, yup. That’s definitely his hair. Brown and gelled up. I know I’m not supposed to snoop, but this is really intriguing. So, judging from this view, it appears to be that his appa is in some sort of coma? I can’t really see too well, but there’s a lot of machines, and there’s also a humidifier.

“Appa, you know what I did today?”

“…”

“I spent some time with these two boys. Let me admit, they’re a bit…chaotic…and naive. If you ever saw me with them, you would’ve said; “Ya, why are you involving yourselves with those satori-bumpkins?’. But then…there’s something about those two. Especially that one twin. He’s very…eccentric. And has a way of talking back…ha.”

“…”

For some reason, the atmosphere is somewhat sad. I mean, why wouldn’t he be sad? His dad is in a freakin’ coma. But, with this situation of his, it feels somewhat relatable. Especially to a past that I would never, ever want to experience again.

“Excuse me.”

I turned around, startled by the sudden tap on my shoulder. As I looked at the guy, I then realize it’s that butler. What was his name again? Ah, Gong Ji Cheol. Wait. What’s he doing here? Does he follow Yunho around too?

“Gong…Gong-sabonim…what…what are you doing here?” I asked.

“I should be asking you that question young man,” he replied. “Why are you standing outside Mr. Jung Yunho’s door? Aren’t you supposed to be in the beauty parlor?”

Clearly he’s trying to make a joke out of my whole crossdressing-scandal!

“Um…because…I…uh…”

Damn. Why am I standing outside of Yunho’s door? This time, I have no lies to spill. Gosh.

“I’m here with my family,” I replied. “I…I thought…uh…I didn’t even know Yunho was here! I thought this was my family’s door!” I cried.

“It says Jung Yunho’s family name on the door…didn’t you see?” Gong-sabunim asked, raising his brows.

“Guess my eyes are getting bad,” I said, rubbing my lids.

“You shall get them checked then,” Gong-sabunim said.

“Anyways,” I said, scratching my head. “What happened to Yunho-ahjussi’s appa? And why is he in a coma?”

“Is that any of your business?” Gong-sabunim asked.

“Well, kinda yeah…well…not really…but you know, curiosity kills the goat.”

“Don’t you mean cat?”

“Well, let’s not get so technical here. It’s basically the same thing. Cat, goat, snake…doesn’t make a difference.”

The butler gave me a puzzled look, as he tilted his head slightly. “His father is sick.”

“Sick with what?” I asked.

“I don’t think I should disclose that,” Ji Cheol replied.

“Why not?”

“You are a stubborn young man,” the butler said.

“I am.”

“Anyways…why are the butler said.

“I am.”

“Anyways…why are you in the hospital?” Ji Cheol asked.

“Didn’t I tell you? My family’s here…well to be specific…my brother’s here…”

“What for?” Ji Cheol asked.

“Um…you see…your master treated us for some lunch at Le Fiere…and my brother…uh…he got some allergic reaction to the lobster…so then he ended up having trouble breathing…so then me and my omma rushed him here…”

“Oh…is your brother okay?” Ji Cheol asked, raising his brows.

“Why are you concerned?” I asked.

“Did your parents teach you to not to talk back to adults?” Gong-sabunim asked.

“They did. But I never listen to them.”

Ji Cheol cleared his throat. “Anyways, I hope your brother gets better.”

“Me too,” I said.

“…”

“I guess I’ll get going now…don’t tell Yunho I was here, okay? I don’t want him to get worried or anything…”

“Don’t worry…my lips are perfectly sealed…” Ji Cheol said, putting a finger to his mouth.

“Bye.”

“Bye young man.”

 

~~

“Omo…” Omma said, gasping as she walked back from the checkout desk.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Someone…paid our hospital bill,” Omma said, holding a piece of paper in front of me.

“Wh..what?!” I exclaimed. “How?”

“I don’t…I don’t know…” Omma croaked. “I mean…who knows us well enough to pay our hospital bill?”

“Well…I didn’t tell anyone that Changwook was in the hospital,” I replied.

“Your appa said he didn’t pay for it either,” Omma said.

“Then…who could it be?” I asked.

“I don’t know…that’s why I’m freaking out…”

“Well, don’t freak out…I mean, this is a rare thing in our lifetime! Someone’s actually doing something nice for us!” I cried.

“But…it’s burdensome…especially for that person…”

“Lemme ask,” I said.

“I doubt they’ll tell you,” Omma said, pulling me away.

“I guess I’ll get going now…don’t tell Yunho I was here, okay? I don’t want him to get worried or anything…”

“Don’t worry…my lips are perfectly sealed…” Ji Cheol said, putting a finger to his mouth.

Oh

My

God.

Did Gong-sabunim spill the tea?

Was it Yunho-ahjussi? Or was it Ji Cheol? I don’t know! Who’s nicer between the two? Obviously it’s Ji Cheol…but, did he know me well enough to pay such a huge fee? And, I’ve only known Yunho for like less than a week! And he totally hates me! Well, except for that time when he treated us, but that’s different…isn’t it? But…BUT, if Yunho hated me…then why would he treat me to steak? And why would he drive Changwook and I home? If he was a bastard, then he could’ve made us walk from La Fiere to our apartment, which would’ve took us like an hour! But, isn’t human decency to drive someone home if they have a car? Isn’t it in the book of human manners?

“Omma, I’ll be back!” I cried.

“Where are you going?!” Omma asked.

“I’m going to ask someone something…”

 

~~

This is the most hectic morning of my life.

Well, except for when I got chased down by the school guards after trying to climb over the school gate.

I barely had money for food, let alone change for the bus. But, I needed to get to the bottom of this. If I didn’t leave my stupid flip phone at home, I would’ve had Yunho’s number.

Right now, I’m standing outside of Yunho’s door, as I pound repetitively on his doorbell, trying to get an answer out of this dude.

“Ya! Ahjussi!!! Open the door, I know you’re in there!!!”

I hear a sudden click. The door opens, unveiling Yunho ahjussi, who was dressed in a silk bathrobe. He had a five o’clock shadow. Also, he wore thick framed glasses. Judging from this habitual, hobo look…he’d just woken up. “Jaejoong-ssi.”

“Ahjussi!”

“Oh perfect, you’re here. Come in.”

I stomped forwards, walking past him.

“You’re a minute late. But, you made it in time,” he said.

“Huh? What…” I asked, turning around.

“Remember yesterday? I told you to go here, eight o’clock sharp?”

“Listen, the reason I’m here is because I wanted to-,”

“Regarding your brother’s hospital bill?”

“You…you paid for it, right?!” I cried.

“Of course I did,” he said, nodding.

“Aish! Did that butler ahjussi tell you about him!! I told-,”

“I don’t know why you’re mad about it…it was a nice gesture.”

“Yeah, but like…I don’t want you paying for my family’s problems and ! I’m supposed to be doing the paying…since you know, did you forget…I hit your damn car!” I exclaimed.

“Calm down young man, there’s people in this hotel…”

“I don’t care! I want you to take back the money!”

“Why should I do that? And I don’t think you can take back a transaction,” Yunho replied.

“Well, whatever…”

“You think that I’m doing this for free, are you?” he asked, lifting one brow.

“Huh?”

“Don’t be naïve young man. There’s a catch to this whole thing. Even with your brother’s hospital stay or not.”

“Whatdoyamean?”

“Do you know why I bought those clothes yesterday?” he asked.

“Oh…oh hell no! You are not-“

“That’s right. From now on, you won’t be serving me as Kim Jaejoong…but Kim Jaekyung.”

~

“I can’t…I can’t…believe…you’re making me…wear…this…maid…costume…” I whined, as I looked at the hem of my frilly apron. “I can do anything but this!!!”

“Do you think you have a choice?” Yunho asked.

“Do you have es with Lolita or something? You know, you can get arrested for this!!” I cried.

“It’s not Lolita if you’re not a kid.”

“Excuse me, but I’m freakin 17. Barely an adult!” I exclaimed.

“Look, it’s what you get for trying to tarnish my reputation okay? You know, my family’s business could’ve collapsed because of that act you tried to do yesterday!”

“But…no one knows about it…” I said, putting my hands on my hips. “So…it’s not that big of a deal…”

“Yes, but it could’ve leaked if I didn’t catch you! You’re lucky I was in that street yesterday!”

“I hate this! I hate everything!” I cried, tugging my hair.

“You’re lucky I didn’t make you wear a wig!” he cried. “Or put your hair in pig-.”

Uh oh. With that face of his, I can sense something horrible coming.

“Ji Cheol-ssi!” Yunho cried.

“Yes master?” Ji Cheol said, entering the living room.

“Get two hair ties and tie his hair into two pigtails!” Yunho ordered.

“Two ponytails?! Oh hell nawww!!!” I cried, rising from the couch.

“Sit down,” Yunho said, pushing my shoulder down.

“Wahhhh…!!!!!” I whined, stomping my feet on the rug. “Why do you hate me?!!!!!”

“I don’t hate you….” Yunho said, continuing to force his hand down my shoulder. “Life does.”

“Not a difference at all!!!!” I cried, waving my arms. “If you’re in my life, then that means you do hate me!!!!”

“Stay still Kim Jaejoong-ssi,” Ji Cheol said, nearing me.

“It’s not Kim Jaejoong, but Kim Jaekyung…” Yunho corrected.

“Oh, sorry Master. I forgot,” Ji Cheol said, taking a section of my hair.

“OWW!!!” I cried, as Ji Cheol tugged my strands. “Jeez, you’re not milking a cow here!”

“I’m sorry,” Ji Cheol said in a composed manner. “Prior to this job, I was a farmer.”

“You were?” I asked, looking up.

“Of course,” he said, grabbing the other side of my hair. “That’s why I’m able to tame such a…wild creature like you…”

“Ya! Did you just call me an animal?!” I cried.

“Mirror,” Yunho said.

“Oh yes,” Ji Cheol said, picking up some hand mirror from the end table. “Like your new look Kim Jaekyung-ssi?”

Oh

My

God.

What the hell did they do to me? I look like some Lolita es, sugar baby bride that’s trafficked to like America for old white foreigners! Looking at myself, I gain the biggest urge to cry. Or smash a vase. Depending on what I’m feeling right now. And how am I feeling right now? Not very good at the slightest.

“I hate this! I hate this!!” I whined. “Let me do anything but this!”

“Remember the second term of the contract? No objection,” Yunho said.

“You look quite lovely Jaekyung-ssi,” Ji Cheol smiled.

“This is all your fault Gong-sabo!” I exclaimed, rising from the couch. “If you haven’t told Yunho about my brother’s hospital stay, then none of this would’ve happened!!”

“What are you talking about master?” Ji Cheol asked, knotting his eyebrows together. “I haven’t told him a thing.”

“Huh? But you’re-,”

“I paid, not because Ji Cheol asked me to. It was because your family looked pitiful," Yunho said.

“How do you even know my family?!” I cried.

“I saw you entering the hospital with your mother…I asked one of the check in ladies the reasoning for your stay-“

“Hey! They can’t just leak information like that!” I exclaimed.

“Anything’s possible with power,” Yunho cut in.

“Ugh!!!” I cried, kicking my feet into the air.

“Now Jaekyung-ssi, please refrain yourself from doing anything violent,” Ji Cheol said, giving me a stern look.

“I don’t want to do this,” I said, crossing my arms.

“Too bad,” Yunho said, pulling out a piece of paper from his bathrobe pocket. “Because here’s a list of chores you have to do for the day.”

My mouth almost dropped off my face as Yunho gives me the paper. Damn! This whole list is big enough to be a book!

 

 

 

Replace soil within pot (the pot outside the front door, where you disposed your urine in)

 

“Wait! You’re making me…change the…soil?!!!” I gasped.

“That’s what you get for…peeing inside my plant…” Yunho said, grimacing. “You’re a disgusting one. And you call me dirty…”

“It’s because you pissed me off that day!” I cried.

“Anyways, read the next set of chores…” Yunho ordered.

2. Wax the floors~

3. Clean the bathroom

4. Unclog the toilet.

5. Get rid of any dust in the house

6.  Vacuum the floors

7.  Water the plants in my balcony

8. Unload the dishwasher

9. Go to the grocery store and buy food

10. Go pick up my suit at the dry cleaners.

11. Come back and cook me a nice dinner~

 

 

 

“While you clean, I’ll be sitting in front of the T.V, watching Goblin reruns with Ji Cheol…okay? Oh, and can you make me some coffee…Jaekyung-ssi?” Yunho asked in a sing-songy voice.

“Hmph,” I grumbled.

“Smile,” Yunho said. “And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter