Contract Worker

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CONTRACT WORKER  [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Cafe BGM: 

“What the hell?!” I cried. “Your...your slave?!!!!!!”

This absolute douche gives me this look, this cocky, self-assured expression with his eyebrows-a look that gives me the hives. He leans back on his chair, and crosses his arms like he’s a big shot. Who does this guy think he is?

“That’s what you get,” he said, picking up his drink. “For wrecking my car.”

“Well...well...” I stuttered.

. I really don’t have another way out, do I? Do I even have an argument?

“Well...it’s your fault for parking there! That’s why I hit it!!”

“Well Jaejoong-ssi,” he said. “It was a valid parking spot.”

“I...I don’t care! Anyways...” I seethed. “This...this contract or whatever the hell you call it...violates human rights!!” I cried.

“How is it violating human rights? Actually Kim Jaejoong-ssi...you’re the one who’s violating human rights, since you’re refusing to compensate for your wrongdoings towards me...”

Psh, who does this guy think he is to use big words against me like that?!

“Wh...whatever!” I said, crossing my arms. “I absolutely refuse to be you’re slave...you hear that?! Kim Jaejoong refuses to be your slave!”

Like a boss, I stood up from my chair, and walked passed him. Suddenly, something holds me back as I feel something haul my wrist. As I turn my head, the hand is nobody else’s but that guy’s. Jeez, this guy is possessive, he just refuses to let me go, doesn’t he? Am I that pretty?

“Let go of me!” I cried.

“Jaejoong-ssi...do you want to get arrested or do you want to be my slave? Do you want to go to the police station...or...do you want to die with me?”

Oh frick. I totally forgot about the police station. How could I forget? This guy has something against me, and he has all the evidence. He’s freakin’ rich. Of course. That’s why he drives a frickin’ Lexus whatever number it is. That’s why he has a golden watch on his wrist. That’s why he looks all pimped and stuff.

“...fine...I’ll sit back down...I’ll...I’ll...I’ll...be your slave...”

 

“Before you sign, I wanted to inform you about the contract’s main points, since you know...it is the lawful thing to do, am I right student?”

“Yes,” I sighed, nodding.

Literally, there’s NOTHING I can do now. I swear, he treats me like I’m his concubine or something. But I guess, yeah it is my fault. But it’s not like I’m going to admit that it is my fault, since my wrongdoings does not excuse this guy’s possessive behavior towards me. You know what, I’m just going to pray. When things don’t go your way, my mom says to pray...even if God isn’t real or whatever, I’ll just pray so I can give myself some hope.

“First of all...your duties consist of...” he said, reading off the paper.

Oh . This is when gets real. The chores. The work.

“Consist of what?” I asked.

“Cleaning my penthouse, cooking, taking out the trash, making the bed, getting my dry cleaning, washing my car-,”

“Wait...hold up...I have to wash your car too?!!” I burst.

“Oh, that’s not all Jaejoong-ssi,” he smirked.

Oh god.

“You also have to take care of my pet Taepoongie.”

“Now, what kind of pet is this Taepoongie?” I asked.

“He’s a large poodle...” he replied.

“Poo...poodle?” I snickered.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked, raising his brow.

“For a guy like you...I thought you would be the type to raise a bulldog or those German Retrievers...not...not poodles....”

“What’s wrong with me raising a poodle?” he asked, his tone lowering.

“Well, poodles are kinda...you know....made for those snobby rich girls who have pink nails and high heels...”

“Now Jaejoong-ssi, you are generalizing the whole wealthy female population.”

“Look,” I said. “I wasn’t generalizing, I was just stating facts, since you know...I watch a lot of movies...”

“Right,” he said. “Anyways...we’re getting out of track here. We’re not here to talk about the things you’ve witnessed in movies, or your preference of dog breeds...we’re here to talk about your contract, so keep that mouth of yours shut, do you understand?”

“Yes...” I said, nodding.

“Okay, now let me continue myself...” he said, clearing his throat. “You’re also to work for the hotel kitchen-,”

“Wait...” I said, holding my hand up. “Hotel kitchen?”

“Yes. Sometimes the staff is really low, and...”

“Wait...do you own a hotel?!” I shrieked.

“You know, let’s not go to that topic okay?”

“Woah...you’re richer than I thought...”

“Jaejoong-ssi, stay with the topic!” the guy cried.

“Sorry.”

“Anyways...you are also to do the dishes, and make the bed...”

“You know what? I get it, I have to clean the house. Now move on...what else do you want me to do?” I asked.

“You also have to buy the groceries...since my fridge gets empty quite easily...”

“Gro...groceries?” I asked. “You want me to buy your groceries for you?! What am I, your personal shopper?!”

“Well Jaejoong-ssi, there’s also another rule in this contract. You’re not allowed to question anything, or talk back to me...with that mouth of yours, I know it’ll be hard for you...but try to control yourself for once. Trust me, it’ll be beneficial for both your career and well being.”

“Thanks for being concerned about me, I’m really touched,” I said.

“Jaejoong.”

“Sorry.”

“Anyways...you’re also to answer my calls for me just in case anyone calls me. Okay?”

“Yes,” I said, nodding.

What am I? His little secretary? Oh, how I wish I could spit those words out in front of him. But I have to remember to calm myself. You know me, my mouth has no filter...which often gets me into trouble. Yeah, I can lie. But that depends if my life calls for it.

“Since we already went over the second rule...let’s go over the third one,” the guy said.

“Which is?”

“You are to answer this phone at all times.”

“What phone?” I asked.

“This,” he said, sliding a red flip phone across the table.

“A...a flip phone?!” I cried. “Really? A flip phone. You have got to be kidding me.”

“What’s wrong with it?” he asked.  

“It’s...it’s old,” I said, taking it and lifting the lid. “I haven’t used one of these since I was like ten.”

“Oh stop being a technology snob,” he scoffed. “Halmonies still use those things you know? It’s not like It’s some block.”

“Yeah...but you know, the keys are kind of hard to use, and there’s no games on it.”

“No games? Haven’t you heard of that snake game?”

“But the graphics ,” I said, closing the lid.

“Oh kids these days, they’re so picky. Back in my day, even a phone with a camera would be considered high technology...now you’re all so keen on what phone has the best camera, the best graphics, the most gigabytes...that’s why kids are so empty headed these days!”

“You act like a grandpa!” I cried.

“Rule number two,” he said. “No talking back.”

“Right,” I grunted.

“Anyways, in that phone...it holds all my important contacts...like the hotel manager, the room service people, the laundromat ahjussi, and my little sister London.”

“L...london?” I asked, irked by that name.

“Her real name is Ji-Hye, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter