Strong Arms

Daddy's Heart For Sale

Baekhyun glanced at the beautiful red rose bouquet sitting on the side seat of his rover. He sniffed his nose and looked into his reflection in the mirror. "Do I look okay?" He mumbled to himself and pressed his hair down. He had undeniable excitement burning his chest. He smiled. 

Baekhyun checked the time before getting out of his car. He walked towards the apartment of his girlfriend with the bouquet in his grip. When he finally reached the door, he pushed the numbers to open up the door. 

Baekhyun breathed deeply entering the place. Something didn't feel right. It was dark and he could see the door of her bedroom open. Baekhyun took off his shoes and if it weren't for the fact that Baekhyun hit the table that he had noticed that there was another man's shoe along with his girlfriend's. His eyebrows furrowed. His throat was all dried up as he neared the bedroom door. 

To only open it to find his precious, sweet girlfriend– on the bed with another man that he did not recognize. His heart fell to his stomach and a part of him just wanted to run away. To refuse to face this. 'Is she cheating on me?'  He questioned himself even if he knew the answer. Baekhyun was hundred person sure if she hadn't noticed him in the door that he had walked away.

"Baekhyun!" She called suddenly and the black haired male panicked. He opened the door fully and stepped in. Still not understanding what he should do. 

"Soo-young..." He called his name ever-so-gently as if it was going to be the last time he ever said it. 

"I can explain!" Baekhyun swallowed and turned his attention to the male that was smirking at him. 

"I ... loved you," Baekhyun managed before it all turned black.

 

 

"D-daddy! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" The voice repeated in his head and Baekhyun's eyes opened to find his child shaking him. Baekhyun groaned and sat up. His head throbbed in pain. 

"Tae Ho..." Baekhyun called his son's name who had the most worried expression, "I'm sorry... did daddy scare you?" Baekhyun forced a smile and reached out his hand to caress Tae Ho's hair. The younger immediately let out the warmest smile and grasped Baekhyun's hand to pull it down and placed a very sloppy kiss. 

"Aigoo..." Baekhyun's heart swelled and he picked up Tae Ho effortlessly, putting him on his leg. "You are such a good kid, already up and ready." Tae Ho was looking at Baekhyun's ear. He couldn't make eye-contact when he was held close. 

"Daddy... go?" He inaudibly said and Baekhyun wasn't sure if he even heard it.

"But, you can't wear those clothes. They're dirty." Baekhyun crinkled his nose, "Remember? Tae Ho spilled orange juice on these? Where did you pick them up?" 

"Over there, daddy." The child pointed at the space below the dressing closet in Baekhyun's room. Baekhyun chuckled and nodded his head.

"Are you ready for your big day, baby?" He said and pinched Tae Ho's cheeks with both of his hands. The younger drooled all over Baekhyun's hand while nodding his head.

He was happy. They were both so happy.

 

 

"Tae Ho!" Baekhyun hissed in frustration when the little boy would not cooperate. The younger grinned. Baekhyun sighed and pulled Tae Ho's arm through the shirt hole, this time– succeeding. He sneered at him. 

"Struggling with the child?" Baekhyun felt shivers run down his spine when suddenly Chanyeol's voice sounded in the room. He snapped his head back to find the giant with his arms crossed over his chest. Baekhyun grunted. 

"Yeol, sometimes... I think you forget this is my house." Chanyeol laughed.

"I'll punch you if you show up randomly again." Saying that Baekhyun turned and forced to smile at Tae Ho. The little boy; he could not hide his precious smile seeing his dear uncle. Chanyeol made a face at Baekhyun, only to make the little one cackle out loud.

"You can't punch me, Byun." Chanyeol dared and smirked. He knew exactly how capable Baekhyun was. The young father looked over his shoulder, a visible smile of victory on his face. "You think I can't?"

"Nevermind. Remember all the hullabaloo over the TV remote? I don't ever want to go through that again." They casually chatted and for some reason; Tae Ho seemed to be easy to deal with. With the whole, putting on clothes and showering thing. Before they knew it, they had already eaten their breakfast.

"Looking dandy, homie." Chanyeol snickered, looking at the neat but casual outfit that Baekhyun was wearing. Baekhyun cracked his knuckles; knowing that he indeed did. 

"How I look?"

"You look adorable-"

"Chanyeol, how I look?" Baekhyun sighed defeated. His son really preferred giant ears over extremely pretty hands. Chanyeol rubbed his hands and put a thumbs up for the young kid. Baekhyun was about to interrupt because children weren't supposed to call adults by their name. That was what Baekhyun was taught. But, Yeol did not seem to mind at all. In fact, he was even pleased with it.

"You look swell." Tae Ho, not knowing what the word even meant; stayed quiet.

"He means to say that you look excellent, baby." Baekhyun quickly explained before the other male even had a chance too. Chanyeol scratched his head. Tae Ho's face lit up and he clapped his hands. Twice.

"Aigoo." Baekhyun started, "Now, Yoda. Why don't you leave? I'll drop him off on my way." 

"Where does he go?"

'Sunny Vill Nursery', Baekhyun thought inside his head but didn't give away the information to Chanyeol. Feeling that he was going to offer a ride; and obviously, Tae Ho would accept-

"I go to Sunny Nursery, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun mentally face-palmed. Knowing what was gonna come next. "Can I go with Chanyeol?" Tae Ho looked at Baekhyun for acceptance. 

"No-"

"I wanna take him." They squabbled back and forth. Tae Ho choosing to remain silent.

"I said no."

"But-"

"This is gonna follow a hullabaloo, Yeol."

"Use that word sparingly, Baek." Chanyeol his lips. "I'll take him." 

"Fine. TAKE HIM. Besides, I was in for some more sleep." It was absolutely absurd.

 

 

Baekhyun contemplated through his options as he glide through the wind on his bicycle. He was sweating. Was feeling tired. But, this was the only thing that worked when he wanted to get thoughts out of his mind.

The dreams, they would not stop. Baekhyun had done everything. He had even paid visits to psychologists. In hope of getting rid of her. However, this was something that was deep in his heart. He had to escape from it.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he entered a broad street. He glanced at the vehicle parked to the side of the houses. He could have just carried on the road but another fast-paced car came towards Baekhyun. Feeling that, this was it. Baekhyun slipped to the side, in hopes of passing the parked vehicle. 

If only he knew... The door of the black vehicle's door open up suddenly. Before Baekhyun had the time to react, he smashed his face into the inside of the window and fell with power on the road.

This was the moment when his vision blackened. His nose was bleeding. He knew that. Baekhyun quickly regained his composure and stood up– wanting to beat the out of the owner when he saw her. Baekhyun choked. Her beautiful syrup hair was let loose and she had tucked the strands behind her ears. Her dark black eyes– captivating Baekhyun. Suspending him still.

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed, not helping with Baekhyun's pain. His head was throbbing again. The person; right in front of him. Who caused him discomfort... looked quite petrified.

"ARE YOU OKAY!" She continued to speak in a high tone. Baekhyun rubbed his neck and touched the build of the car. Hoping to steady himself. 

"Stop screaming in my face, Taeyeon." She bit her lip.

"I am so sorry! I didn't see you! I am sorry!" Much to his annoyance, she kept repeating the words. One look with his captivating brown eyes was enough to shush her up.

"It's fine. I lost balance too." Taeyeon quickly gripped his sleeve, worrying that he would collapse. She glanced at the bike. It was wasted. 

"It was already very old. So, I'm not surprised the impact did that." Baekhyun joked lightly, offering a winsome smile. Somehow, managing to speed up Taeyeon's heart beat erratically. 

"Are you alright? D-do you need to go to the hospital?" Taeyeon offered Baekhyun a few tissues to stop his bleeding nose. "Please, go to the hospital with me. I will not be okay until you go with me. Please." It took Baekhyun a few moments to gather; why on earth was she feeling so desperate. 

She was a caring girl. He already knew that.

"I'm alright." Baekhyun pressed his lips thin. "Tae, just trust me." He offered another smile that made Taeyeon body feel lighter. 

"Get in the car." Taeyeon pulled him, urging him to go with her.

"I am okay!"

"But, I'm not!"

It took a good five minutes. And a couple of glances from passersby for Taeyeon to finally give in. They were in her car. His ride in the trunk. It wasn't hard to fit in there. Considering how it broke further when he picked it up. 

He stole a glance at Taeyeon, who was frowning. Baekhyun smiled. She was a good-natured person. She was friendly, generous, gentle, logical and was extremely good at what she did.

He felt relieved to have her as a friend in his life.

At least... that's what he thought he wanted her to be.

 

 

 

Yes, my exams had not ended (ONLY 3 ARE LEFT) but, I really wanted to write this. I changed it a lot see? Kids, this is called a re-write. A better, written version. *chuckles* I really hope you enjoyed. Hold up, don't go just yet. I won't be updating SOON. Trust me, it will take another while. Hehe \\(^.^)// Drop your comments below too! I enjoy reading them. They make my day. Upvotes are openly welcome too (obviously) so heh, why not do that too?

Thank you for reading!