Pick Me

Daddy's Heart For Sale

The room was dark– the only thing providing light to it was the broken lamp chucked on the floor by Baekhyun earlier. He couldn't take it. He was broken. Why would Soo young do something so cruel to him? Hands tangled in his hair, he was sitting on the floor. His clothes wet because he had showered in them. It was eating him alive. 

She cheated on him with their close friend... the one Baekhyun considered no less than his brother. Jaejoong. 

Why couldn't I speak when I caught her... Why did she do it? ... Was there something else I could have done to make the situation different? The words echoed in his mind endlessly. He wasn't prepared for it... Soo young never even gave him the slightest bit of hint that she was unhappy with him. He pulled on his dark hair. "I am such a sore loser." He mumbled to himself. Drowning in nothing but self-pity. The room was a mess, he had tossed around anything that he could find– only to let out his anger, his frustration. The black sheets of the bed were pulled to the side, books that he was given by Soo young were all scattered on the floor. 

Three days. It had been three days and she didn't bother to call, to text or even show her face. It further made Baekhyun feel like he's the one that was at fault. His eyes moved to the broken glass frame that had fallen down from the side table during the hurl. He stretched out his hand to get to it and the door bell rang. 

Baekhyun attempted to put his lifeless body on its feet and began to slowly drag him towards the door. Haste in his movements because he felt like she was at the door. 

"Soo..." He breathed when he found her at the door, she had the most painful expression on her face. She took a quick glance up and down his messed up appearance before shoving past him and in the house. Baekhyun closed the door and followed her in their bedroom. 

"What did you do to this place?" She asked right when she stepped in. There was no response from Baekhyun; when she whipped her face around, he was leaning against the door frame. As if his legs could give up at any moment. Soo young looked at his feet, that looked like they were bleeding a bit. She bit her lip and gaze into his dark brown eyes. "You need medical aid–" She was gonna move past him and into the kitchen when Baekhyun grabbed her wrist tightly. Too drowned by rage. 

Fearfully, she stared right back at him. "Don't pretend you care, okay..?" He begged and let her go. She stumbled away from him and sat on the bed. 

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun."

"No, no... you aren't. You are j-just sorry that you were caught." He chose his words very carefully. He was staring only at her eyes, as if trying to read them. 

"I... I am pregnant..."

Absolute silence fell across the room; Baekhyun's eyes widened. "I... swear I didn't know before... I wouldn't have done this if–"

"Why would it have changed anything? Would you not have cheated on me with that jerk if you knew that you were carrying that baby?" He pointed at her and laughed, "I don't even know if it is mine."

"Baekhyun!" She screamed at him, "Don't be like this! I told you that I am sorry!" Baekhyun remained quiet, "Don't you love me. If you love me... look at me." She stood up abruptly, taking his hands into her own. "Don't lie to me. I know you love me."

The words repeated in his head again and again, "We spent so much time together. Please... Let yourself be honest. This can change everything. You... and I... We can be together again– a lot more stronger than before. You... love me, right?"

"I love you. I really do... but, y-you make me go crazy." He said bitterly as he admitted it. He felt so wronged that his words left an empty feeling in his body. She took Baekhyun's hand and put it on her stomach.

"Doesn't this mean a second chance? For us?"

 

 

 

"Aigoo! You look so handsome today!" Baekhyun pinched Tae Ho's cheek as he zipped up the red jacket. He pouted at his father; quite upset because he felt like it wasn't that cold outside to be wearing something so warm. Baekhyun ruffled his hair and picked him up. They got in Baekhyun's car and drove off to the pizza place.

"What flavour do you want your Pizza, honey?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at the rear mirror. Tae Ho in the middle of the seats on his toddler one. All buckled up. Baekhyun noticed that he had ped his jacket. Baekhyun smiled effortlessly.

"I want pineapple one–" Baekhyun knew what was coming next, "Pineapple one, d-daddy... Can I get the pineapple one, please? I... pineapple one. Pineapple one–" Tae Ho had the issue of repeating things without realizing that he did. When Tae Ho started doing this, he was no older than three. It worried Baekhyun. But, it was one of the things that came along of having an autism. There were some common symptoms that Tae Ho, somehow and thankfully did not have. Such as flapping of his fingers. It is the most natural sign of a child having autism. It made Baekhyun hope that Tae Ho would grow up to be... er... fine.

"Yes, and anything else?" Baekhyun quickly replied to cut off him from saying, "Why do you even like pineapples on pizza?" Baekhyun stuck out his tongue; showing his disapproval in a childish manner. "What will daddy eat then? He doesn't like fruits on the pizza."

"Daddy-- c-can get another then." Baekhyun laughed out loud and for a couple of more minutes– he silently thanked God for sending such an incredible child in his way. There was nothing more, Baekhyun could ever ask for.

 

 

"Yeri-sshi!" Taeyeon knocked on the door again, "Please open up the door if you are inside!" She called out again and was about to knock again when an old woman yelled, "She's not inside! Stop slamming your face into it." Taeyeon bit her tongue and bowed in apology  when she turned. Taeyeon put her hand horizontal against her forehead. To shield from the bright sun rays.

"Do you know where she could be?!" Taeyeon shouted back.

"Check the convenience store! That's where she is all the time!!" Hearing that, Taeyeon quickly walked to where she was directed. "I don't understand why I must do–" She stopped when she saw the brown haired intern sitting comfortably on the white plastic seats in front of the store. She was talking to some guy that had her back to Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon quickly pulled up her sleeves and marched towards the two. "Yah! Kim Yerim!" Taeyeon stormed at her and slammed her purse on the table. "What in the blazes do you think you are doing?!" She saw the two cups of empty ramen and finally looked at the dude. She didn't recognize him. He looked older than Yeri by a lot. How were they even friends?

"U-unni..." She paused, "W-what are you doing here?"

"You weren't at your house, you midget! Do you have any idea what I had gone through to find you? It's 40*C today! My face is burning!" 

"Let's t-talk somewhere else please!" Yeri quickly grabbed Taeyeon's wrist and quite bewildered by the situation, Taeyeon was dragged along.

 

 

"You really have some nerves– don't you? Running away without notice as an intern. When I was in your place, I didn't even dare to look at my seniors in the eyes." Taeyeon continued to ramble and scold Yeri as they were sitting in the close-to-empty coffee shop. Yeri across from her, hiding her face in her with her palms and occasionally sipping the chocolate milkshake Taeyeon had bought for them.

"I... I am sorry, unni." She instantly apologized again and Taeyeon let out an exhale.

"That Byun." Taeyeon laughed, "You have no idea how much of a hard time he gives me because of you." Yeri was about to apologize again when Taeyeon continued on, "Yeri," Taeyeon couldn't hold her silence about this anymore, couldn't stop herself from blurting out the one question that just had to be asked. "...I am not usually nosy in other people's business why did you leave the house? Why did you run away?" Yeri paused as she sipped. Trying to find an excuse, she glanced at Taeyeon who was looking keenly for an answer.

"I didn't ... I don't wanna live there anymore." Yeri said addressing the fact that she did no longer wish to stay with her brother and their parents. "It's suffocating." She added and Taeyeon thought for a moment; there was certainly something more to it. 

"Where have you been all this time then?"

"That place– I assume that you were knocking on earlier... I had been here." Taeyeon's eyes widened, "So... Is it your friends...?"

"Um..." Yeri hesitated, "Yes, a friend." Taeyeon raised a brow and Yeri started sweating.

"Yeri-ah, who was that guy earlier? You were talking to?"

There was some silence again, "I... It was the friend I was t-telling you about... It's my boyfriend's... I've been staying at his house."

 

 

In the end, as Tae Ho had suggested earlier, Baekhyun ended up buying two pizzas. XL size on Tae Ho's request. Baekhyun was talking on the phone with Chanyeol when Tae Ho asked for more ketchup. The little dude just loved ketchup.

"Aw... Can't you eat without it? Daddy's a bit busy right now." The look on Tae Ho's face remained stern. Baekhyun sighed and got up, "Okay, hold on, Yeol." Baekhyun took Tae Ho to the sauce station and took a small plastic plate and began to fill the ketchup in.

"Tae Ho, take these back and wait for daddy. Don't go anywhere else okay? I'll be back from the toilet." Tae Ho nodded quickly and took slow, small steps towards their sitting area. It was rush hour and Tae Ho was walking back when he looked away for a moment only to bump into a young girl who seemed a bit older than him. He stumbled back from the impact. He looked with fluttering eyelashes up at the girl, her fancy looking pink frock was stained by the ketchup and there was a loud gasp. Tae Ho noticed a big fat lady behind the girl.

The little girl looked up at her mother who was fuming at Tae Ho. "What the heck did you do!" The old ugly lady screamed at Tae Ho. HE quickly got to his feet.

The little boy had no clue what was going on, his brows furrowed and he stared expressionlessly at the girl in front of him that put her hands on his chest and pushed him to the ground hard, again. There were shrieks from around but no one got up to help poor Tae Ho.

"You stupid boy! Didn't you watch where you were going?" The old lady dug her nails into Tae Ho's skin and pulled him back up. She gave him a quick jerk when the look on his face was neutral, no expressions.

"I'm... I'm ––– I'm..." He awkwardly started but didn't get a word to come out of his mouth. He just wanted his daddy back. Tae Ho swallowed the lump forming in his throat, his hands sweaty.

"Mommy!!" The girl began crying and Tae Ho glanced at her– and then back to the lady... mommy.

A couple of staff members came rushing when they saw the commotion but couldn't do anything to calm the lady down, she was getting madder and madder as the time passed by. "Do you even know? How much this was worth?!" She was about to give him another jerk when someone grabbed her wrist and pulled it away from Tae Ho's shoulders. Baekhyun drew a sharp breath, his angry, blazing eyes set on the woman. Baekhyun was trying to control his anger– to not crush her with his hand and he slapped her hand away. 

"How dare you!? Never talk to my kid like that ever again!" Baekhyun's tone had such a murderous hint to it that Tae Ho crouched down, covering his ears. 

"Sir– Ma'am, please calm down!" The manager said in a worried tone.

Baekhyun lost control at that moment.

 

 

"Are you okay, baby?" Baekhyun said and quickly pulled Tae Ho closer to him. Baekhyun couldn't take it when he saw the woman screaming at Tae Ho. Baekhyun still managed to stay calm and ended the matter quickly. Something he wasn't planning on doing but when he saw the scared expression on Tae Ho's face; he let the matter go.

"I hate when they treat you like this," Baekhyun mumbled sadly to himself.

 

 

 "Yeri-ah..." Taeyeon called, not believing it. "How can that guy be your boyfriend? He was at-least–"

"Forty- nine... years old. I know but... you don't understand! They didn't either!" Yeri cut off Taeyeon and addressed her family. "And, that's why you ran away? Because they didn't approve?" She didn't respond to that.

"You can't live with him, Yeri... You are only twenty-three..." Taeyeon couldn't believe it. She didn't expect hoobae to be like this. Taeyeon knew it was wrong, there was too much age difference and Yeri had just started being an adult. 

"I'm not planning too! I swear I'm not like that." She quickly interrupted the thoughts running in Taeyeon's head. "I just stayed for the time being and..."

"You don't have somewhere else to stay, don't you?" Taeyeon sighed when the younger nodded. Taeyeon massaged her temples before suggesting, "Okay, I can't let you be like this." She started, "Stay at my house for time being– but, please start coming to work. I know it will be hard to face your brother but we really need you in there." 

Yeri was quick to shoot up to her feet, smile flitted across her face. "Oh my God! REALLY? I will appreciate it so much! Are you sure I wouldn't be a bother?" Taeyeon laughed a little.

"I mean. You can't be a free loader. You can help me out around the house a little bit." Yeri quickly nodded her head, approving Taeyeon's idea.

"I hope I don't regret this." Taeyeon mumbled to herself.


I apologize for the delayed chapter. I was having a huge writers block– a big one, took effort to push it aside. Other than that, whoosh. The ketchup scene was sure HARD to write. I hope you guys still liked it, I know ya'll did. *chuckles* So, I'll see you in the next chapter. But, before that– could you kindly upvote the story? lol.. it'll help this noona out a lot! Make sure to leave a comment :) AND MEANWHILE, RAMADAN STARTED! So, it is sooo hot and tiring. xD