Launch

Daddy's Heart For Sale

"Why isn't Park PD here?" Taeyeon said to Taehyung who was busy in filing the reports. He didn't listen as usual. So, she had to call him up again by slamming her hand onto the table repeatedly. 

"Yes?! Sorry!" He snapped his head to the side and quickly stood up, "What were you saying?"

"I was asking you about Park PD. Why isn't he here yet? Nor is Byun PD." Taeyeon asked seeing that the office was almost empty. Yeri had come in the morning and very awkwardly greeted her brother. Their interaction throughout the day was very little. Taeyeon was quietly observing everyone. Yeri kept excusing herself to go to the washroom– There was a knock on the door and Yeri entered again, looking one second at her brother and then made way to her desk. 

"I just texted Baekhyun hyung... he's coming up right now." Yeri shrieked and made an effort to not fall off her chair when she heard Taehyung say that. Taeyeon laughed a bit and then questioned Taehyung for calling Baekhyun's name. 

"Ah... I'm sorry, it's just that he told me to be comfortable with him. I'll be careful." He replied back, trying not to worry about his sister that was walking out of their office again. 

"Yeri! Where do you think you are going?" Taeyeon quickly called, halting the younger. 

"Umm... A quick trip to the washrooms?" She awkwardly smiled back and was about to just run outside when Baekhyun showed up. She almost ran into him. Ducking her head down, she quietly muttered an apology and shifted to the side to let Baekhyun in and go on her way when he gently tapped on her shoulder. Making her look up. "Come inside."

Baekhyun walked inside leaving her confused and right came in, Chanyeol– who also happens to be her bully. "You. How can you even show up now?" He was obviously joking as he dipped his head down. "Didn't you hear what he said? Come on in."

 

 

 

 

It was late night again. Baekhyun was so engrossed in his work that he again, had to ask Chanyeol to pick Tae Ho up. He shifted front in his mahogany wooden chair, turning off the computer. The room darkened and he glanced up. He didn't notice that someone was in the office. He raised his brows and rubbed his eyes.

When he stepped out of office, he found Taeyeon staring keenly at the computer screen. "She'll just ruin her eyesight." He muttered under his breath and walked up to her, she didn't notice that someone was standing right behind her– because, she was too busy trying to make the application work. "Please work this time." Taeyeon prayed silently as she restarted the computer. 

"Do you think doing that will work?" She flinched in surprise and rose to her feet.

"W-What did you say?"

"I said, do you think restarting the computer, again and again, will make it better?" He said, amusement in his tone that pissed Taeyeon off. She took a deep breath and tipped her head to the side.

"Well, it usually does for me." The screen lit up behind her and Baekhyun cocked his head to see. He smiled. "It didn't..." She said when she noticed that the stupid flickering bug that was restricting her from saving the files was still indeed present. 

"Aigoo. Let me do it for you." Baekhyun stepped towards her and she was about to leave her place– to allow Baekhyun to comfortably sit down when he put his hands on her shoulder and push her down on the seat again. He dipped his head down, right beside her neck and stretched out his hand to grab hold of the mouse.

"Um... You can sit down–" 

"Shush. I want you to watch." Taeyeon pursed her lips into a hard line; as Baekhyun was literally breathing on her exposed neck. Her heart sped up erratically and beads of sweat formed on her forehead. With each sound of the mouse clicking– her hands fisted more tightly. "Right... here..." Baekhyun smirked and whispered into her ears, a little too close to her. A sensual tone in his voice. Baekhyun took a moment to let in her strawberry scented hair. Pleasant. He thought to himself before pushing himself away. 

He fought back a laugh when Taeyeon let out a huge exhale. Embarrassed, she quickly turned her head and showed him her reddened face. "Thanks..." She turned her attention, forcefully back to the screen. Fighting back the urge to breathe heavily. That was just too intense. 

"If you have any problems like this in the future. Please refrain yourself from ruining the devices. Also, I believe I thought you how to fix that error. Did I not?" 

"Yeah, well. If you did a good job– I don't think I'll be needing to do that again." Baekhyun was absolutely stunned by her response. He really was not expecting her to say that. He huffed out in disbelief as he watched her turn off the computer and grab her purse.

"I'll see you on Monday." She bowed to him and quickly left. 

"How come our conversations always end with her leaving me in dismay?" He chuckled in amusement to himself. It was so far... very interesting. 

 

 

 

Monday came along pretty quick. Taeyeon didn't even realize or remember that they were supposed to announce the ratings of the episodes. It was only when she entered the small space when she saw Chanyeol laughing brightly with Taehyung and Yeri was handing a cup of coffee to Baekhyun who was resting his back against the door. He spotted her first and lifted his cup to her. A definite smile on his face. Taeyeon's heart swelled and she stepped in.

"Kim PD!" Chanyeol was the first one to run up to her. He grabbed hold of her shoulders in absolute excitement.

"What is happening? Did something good happen today?" She laughed and brushed his hands aside.

"Do you not know? Don't tell me you forgot." And, what Chanyeol told her next... made her day a lot better. Taeyeon jumped in surprise and joy and absent-mindedly took Chanyeol's hands into her own, making him flush red. "I'm so darn happy! I really was not expecting this." She squeezed his hand and let go to tip her head to the side. Her eyes met with Baekhyun and he was looking directly at her. Something happened at that moment. Taeyeon had to take a minute to process everything that was happening around her. They crossed the rating– nothing much, but it was something they were struggling to make happen since the very start.

Told you so, Baekhyun mouthed to her and he clapped his hands over the commotion to gather everyone's attention. Each member stopped chattering and glanced at Baekhyun who was about to make an announcement. "I'm sure you all are very joyed to hear the news. But," He paused. "This does not mean we achieved everything. This only means we need to work harder and make things even more better. Our goal is to go even higher. And, once we do that– we'll aim for more better." He motioned his hands in a circle as he talked. "What I mean is. We need to continue to work with full spirits. To work better." He took a moment to smile at Taeyeon.

"But, I guess... you all deserve a celebration. What do you all say? Shall we go for drinks today?" Everyone clapped in the room, and the most excited person out of all was Taehyung– surprisingly, when he came here, he was the quietest one. Hanging out with Chanyeol was surely changing him. Yeri on the other hand, was clapping along with everyone. It had been a while since she had been in the office. But, everyone was treating her with their best. 

"Is that a yes?!" Baekhyun said while holding a laugh. The room was filled with cheers again. But, soon had to die down because of the office next door– complained about their silly doings. 

'At least, there will be free drinks today.' Taeyeon smiled.

 

 

 

Is this update a shorter one. It is isn't it? I really wanted to write quickly and present you guys with it. So, I hope you enjoyed. Leave a comment below if you wish :) I'll be back again soon. Thank you for reading!

P.S : Sure, baekki. Whatever ya say :)