I got a boy-friend?

Where Heroes don't always win

Even though our first meeting was plain awkward, Hyung Don and I actually got along pretty well after explaining to him that I was not the American student in this school. My obnoxiously dyed blonde hair had caused him to think that I would be the rumored Korean American- as if I look anything like Sica or god forbid that mushroom.

Looking at it now, his comical exaggeration of an american accent had been a great ice breaker, and we became fast friends- which was shocking, since I wasn't one to make friends so quickly. From what I learnt, Hyung Don had to transfer to SM High this late into the school year due to his parents' work. Having to move his whole life over to Seoul from his hometown, he had feared that his accent and origins would prevent him from making friends. But I had reassured him that with his funny jokes and great personality, he would fit into the school system just fine.

Our non-stop chattering about anything and everything along with Hyung Don's comedic remarks had caused half a day to go by in a flash, signalling the start of everyone's favourite lesson, BREAK. 

X

'Let's eat together?' I asked Hyung Don while tentatively trying to wake Sleeping Beauty beside me.

The death glare that Jessica sent my way went ignored as Hyung Don agreed to my lunch invitation. However, I soon felt the daggers that she was sending me shift into that of amusement and wonder as I dared a glance in the Ice Princess's direction. She raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, signalling to me that I was in deeper than I would have been had I just woke her up for no reason. I could sense the impending interrogation that I would no doubt be forced into later when the two of us would be alone.

'I am Hyung Don, the new transfer student.' Hyung Don- bless him, introduced himself when he realised that the dead body next to me was actually alive and had also unknowingly interrupted her telepathic threats messages to me. 'Nice to meet you.'

'Jessica, likewise.' Sica replied in her usual icy demeanor, while simultaneously arranging her untouched books into her arms, detaching herself from the plastic chair and getting ready for lunch.

Sensing that Sica was about to open  to say something more, I quickly interfered by nudging them both to the door to finally grab some much needed lunch.

X

'Spill everything.' Jessica hissed into my ear while pinching my side. Her sharp nails digging itself into my skin even though there was a barrier of cotton before her. The sharp sting left me no choice but to stop pushing the Princess through the hallways.

Geez, why is this woman so impatient and bossy.

The unamused glare that Sica once again directed at me, let me know that she had heard my thoughts. That's what 10 years of friendship could give you, telepathy. 

Jessica Jung, the other American in this school. With her beautiful face and angelic voice, she is the Vice-President of Choir and has been crowned as the Ice Princess of this school the day she stepped in 3 years ago and froze glared at everyone and everything. 

I found myself questioning not for the first time, why am I friends with her.

'Later.' I quickly whispered to appease Sica, before resuming my conversation with Hyung Don.

The students who noticed us, once again tried approaching me to strike up small talk. Behind us however, I could hear the whispers and rumors brewing.

Who's the new guy? 

What's their relationship?

They seem close, is she dating him already? 

Being more absorbed in trying to look out for any signs of a certain mushroom while conversing with Hyung Don, I chose to just give them all a polite smile before passing the job onto Sica. Although she is one of the most renown students in this region, its an unspoken rule in this school to not strike up small talk with Jessica Jung unless you have a death wish, or in this case if you're part of her small circle of friends.

And thus, our trip to the cafeteria was rather uneventful- thank Lilith, as the remaining students who were undetered by Hyung Don's presence got scared away by the Ice Princess's aura.

X

Lunch went by with me still on the lookout for a certain brunette with pink highlights while introducing Hyung Don to the glory of the cafeteria and trying to prevent Jessica from drilling him with her curiousity at our surprising chemistry. I know that with all my previous self-centered profiling, I sound like a Queen Bee who is flooded with followers or friends. 

I wish

That isn't the case. Counting in Sica and now, Hyung Don, they are the only ones I have sat with during lunch. Although, Kim Taeyeon is a name that is commonly talked about, I still couldn't pull out my inner Beyoncé and become close friends with anyone else in the student body.

Rather surprising, considering I have to represent both a class and Choir. Being the supposed eldest in class due to my birthday- which isn't even that early in the year, I was automatically assigned the role of Class Representitive because our dear homeroom teacher was too lazy to even ask the class to nominate someone. Similarly, for Choir just because I had more exposure in this field due to the individual competitions that I had contended in, the in-charge decided that I should be the President. 

Having a close friend that actually understands you however, is different from having people that you just get along with, say 'hi' or 'bye' to and neither is it the one who bullies you to no end. As such, I do not even understand why people constantly hold me up in such a high pedestial, when I am also very much similar to them, just trying to look for the one who understands me. 

'Let's go.' I heard someone say through the haze of my inner musings, along with a jab to my ribs.

With my thoughts clearing, I could see that almost everyone had left the cafeteria, either to head onto their supplementary lessons, or extracurricular activities. Jessica, for the first time in her life, had gotten ready before me. And was now currently freezing up my entire existence with her anger. Hyung Don just sat there looking amused at the sight before him. With the time that I had spent in my thoughts, lunch break had ended, and my lagged reaction to what was happening was slowly opening the gates for Hellsica to arrive.

'What do you have now?' Hyung Don questioned.

'Choir practise.' Jessica had said, directing her harsh glare at me, daring me to say that I had forgotten.

'Well, I have to meet Mr Lee to finalise my registration,' Hyung Don said as he picked up his lunch tray, 'so I will see you tomorrow?'

Before I could wave him good bye, Hyung Don had zoomed to the direction of the principal's office after hurriedly returning his tray- a sense of déjà vu struck me. What Hyung Don had said about meeting the princpal, suddenly reminded me of my own meeting with the discipline master in detention right now.

'.'

I too roughly stood up, grabbed my belongings and rushed to the detention classroom, leaving the Jessica Jung in the dust. I felt the temperature in the whole school plummet immediately when the shock of what had happened sunk into her head. Leaving her with both her's and my lunch trays, along with skipping Choir practise so suddenly, Hellsica was unleashed. And the deafening dolphin scream ripping through the already noisy school compund was just the start of what's to come.

X

'KIM TAEYEON!'

I could feel my ears bleed even from the entrance of the detention room. I prayed for my own safety when I next meet Sica and that with her understanding self, get that I could not afford to be another minute late lest I want to get suspended on the account of pissing off the discipline master. 

Timidly opening the door, I slowly shifted my entire body into the room so as to not garner attention. I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that I was safe for the moment, having escaped from Sica and arriving on the dot for the start of detention. Hellsica having to fulfill her duties as Vice-President while the President was attending to formal duties would be too preoccupied to hunt me down.

For now.

When I approached the table to sign into detention, I noticed the dreaded head of brown and pink that I was trying so hard to avoid the whole day seated in the corner most table.  My hands started to feel clammy at the thought of sitting in the same room as her, especially after what I did this morning, putting me on the edge of a panic attack. 

I quickly signed into the log sheet that the discipline master passed me, before moving towards the only available seat furthest away from Hwang, right smack in front of the harshest teacher in school. 

Throughout the entire hour that was detention, I was sweating bullets from thinking about what Hwang was going to do to me if she was to catch me alone. The deafening silence in the room was not helping matters as it made the breathing of its occupants very obvious along with the rapid beating of my heart. I constantly stole glances at her direction, trying to predict her current mood but the damned pink monster just had to be facing the wall next to her, shielding her face from me.

My bleak thoughts continued to plague me, causing me to immediately shoot up from my seat the moment detention was over. Rushing towards the exit, I forced myself to avoid looking in Hwang's direction if I wanted to get out of this room before her. But my shroom-dar was well maintained as I could feel her looming presence behind me just a few steps before I could step out and run as far away from her as possible. Hoping that I could at least compell her into forgetting about the incident this morning, I turned around preparing for the worst.

What happened next was anticlimactic, with Hwang side-stepping me to walk out of the detention room.

My eyes widened. I was stunned from trying pick up on the one thing that I was at least expecting to see on Hwang's face. A bruise. The indication that this morning happended. But her hair had curtained over her side profile, before she walked out of the room as if nothing happened.

And that was precisely the case. Nothing happened to her. 

There was not even a single shade change to the spot where I had punched her this morning.

Nothing

 

 

????

OHHHHHHH, is Ms Kim that weak that she couldn't even leave a bruise on Fany's face or is it something else   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) stay tuned for more, I will try my best to update soon. Also please just excuse the weird school system they have. Thanks you guys for all the new subscribers, until next time!!