Bad Girl

Where Heroes don't always win

‘Creakkkk’

The rusty old knob protested before freezing cold water rained onto my clothed back from the shower head above. The foul smelling cream slowly dripped off my everywhere as the water washed them away, soaking my dirtied clothes in the process. With my clothes sticking onto myself like a second skin, I unconsciously thought back to what had happened just moments before.

X

Even though my rage was as clear as day, seemingly so intense that I was practically puffing smoke out of my nose, Hwang didn't give a flying as always, choosing to ignore my glare and just continued laughing -more like clapping.

After what seemed like forever, the suspected mastermind finally managed to pull herself together, although her -eating grin remained glued to her stupid face. 

' you!' 

I spat out with complete disdain. Finally tipping over my breaking point from EVERYTHING that has ever happened on a freaking Monday.

'I am sure you wo...'

Stepping forward, I cut her off before that pink mushroom could push back with her own retort. Shock flashed across her face, but it was replaced with an indescribable look just a second later. Not giving her a chance to fight back, I invaded her personal space and started ranting (flat out screaming) about how she just couldn't leave me the  ALONE. And before my sudden surge of courage dies, I socked her in the face, turned a full 180, and left the scene like a boss.

X

Thinking about it now, the wet walls of the bathroom suddenly seem extremely attractive as I thought of all the 100 different ways I could slam my head into it. With the momentary satisfaction of punching Hwang in the face, the feeling also dragged along the fact that I could have taken revenge in a much more subtle manner. Curses for example.  I basically committed suicide from what I had done to that pink monster.

The same pink Hwang. The Hwang whom I had first met when we were both hiding behind our respective stuffed toys, my dookong and her totoro, sneaking a few peaks at the only other tiny stranger around. The Hwang who had  her thumb at the age of one. I had felt a surge of something, some kind of emotion... power, when our eyes had met for the first time. 

Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked we were left alone by the giants in the room, given only the instructions to play with each other before the door to the playroom clicked shut.

Basically, play in Hwang Tiffany's dictionary meant complete savagery. And the Kims left the Hwang residence that day with half a dookong, half a totoro, a ripped dress and a wailing Taeyeon. Although on the other side of the fence, the pink monster was also left in the same state. But at least we both left the battlefield intact. The same, however, could not be said for the Hwang's playroom. 

Needless to say, toddler Taeyeon and Tiffany's peaceful afternoon naps for the next month were filled with whatever non-stop noise that comes from construction as the Hwangs tried to cover up the ginormous hole in their roof as soon as possible. 

X

17 years later, and we're still stuck in the same situation. For some odd reason -must be her damned height, although the difference isn't a lot, I was always the one on the receiving end of the harassment, both on my physical and mental state. Although you could see that I retaliated just moments before, that was actually the first time in years when I finally caved in to my desire to hurt her.

Slowly pushing the shower door open, I peeked left and right for at least a hundred times before stepping out of the freezing stall. As I was speed drying my drenched clothes, I noticed a stack of neatly folded clothes placed on the shower benches before me. Picking them up, I found them to be a simple white tee and denim shorts, both of them just a few sizes larger.

Clean clothes?

If it's placed here while everyone is in class, it should mean that the person wouldn't be needing it for now right?

Having thought that, I whispered a quick thank you to whoever left these clothes here. Forgoing the fact that I am going to wear clothes belonging to some random stranger that might actually be the home to unknown creatures. I quickly slipped into these dry, clean clothes and dumped my ruined, foul smelling ones into my bag, thankful that I would still be mildly presentable for the rest of the day.

X

Finally, I deemed myself ready to head to my first period even though I was already more than half an hour late. When I knocked and entered the classroom, what or in this case, who, greeted me was a man that even with the thickness of his glasses was able to drill holes into my soul. Who had crossed his arms and set his lips into a straight line for what was supposed to be a stern look?

'Kim Taeyeon, you know what you have planned after school today.'  

And with that, he resumed his blabbering to himself the class so that he could get this part of his job over and done with.

Groaning to myself at the fact that I had chalked up detention for the first time in my life, not even giving me a chance for being late for the first time in my life what's the point of being the class rep. I cursed this unforgiving old man who calls himself a teacher and of course Hwang for getting me into this mess in the first place.

I hurried up towards my designated seat catching sight of the familiar dead body slumped across the table beside my own, along with a figure of someone whom I had never seen before occupying the usually empty seat to my left.

Once I had settled down on my seat, the stranger turned to look at me giving me a close-up view of his face. A man of cute stature I observed, with chubby cheeks and cute tiny eyes. He had reached out an opened hand for a handshake while his lips pulled back into a smile, causing his already small eyes to disappear from his face. 

'Hi, my name is Jung Hyung Don, itsuunisu to meeto you!' 

 

 

????

Hullo everybody, I am back. I think I am just gonna apologise in every chapter for the inconsistent updates. I just want to say that everyone in this fic speaks Korean unless otherwise stated. So what Hyung Don-ssi did was trying to speak english to Taeyeon for whatever reason. And lets cut this part short, I wish all the readers out there to a good day!