Bring up what he does for work

Waiting for the Night to End - Hoya

“So what do you do for work?” You questioned knowing it can be a tricky subject to inquire of.

“I work in the music industry” Hoya replied with a small smile curling onto his lips while your drinks arrived.

“Most of the time it is, unless you are hitting a writing block and then management jumps down your throat as to why you don’t have the lyrics ready” Hoya explained as he lifted his glass to his lips and took a slightly larger sip than normal.

“I bet that is really fun!” You beamed, interest lighting up your eyes before you offered the bartender a small thank you and slid the glass closer to you.

“I bet you do a great job of writing song lyrics, it takes a true talent to do that.” You complimented.

“Thank you, but I think you may have to know my work before you say that” He blushes, glancing down at the liquid in his glass.

“I bet if you play something then I can tell you if I like it or not” You posed with a playful smile. Hoya glanced over at you, seeing if you were actually serious, with your gaze unchanging, he nodded and slipped his phone from his jean pocket.

Scrolling through his phone, he pulled up a few raw music files as he tapped on one in hopes that you would like it. Turning up the volume slightly, he handed his phone over to you as you lifted his phone up to your ear so you wouldn’t have the volume too loud to disturb others.

Listening to the soft piano play and then the hums of his sweet voice in harmony with the piano. The soft voice began to come over the file as you closed your eyes letting a smile curl on your lips. Happily you began to sway and rock to the song that you were hearing, humming along to the chorus as you began to pick it up while tapping your fingers against your crossed knees.

Hoya watched anxiously but as your body began to loosen and sway with his song, your eyes closing and your lips humming while your fingers tapped, reading your body language he knew that you enjoyed it; as this was the response he wanted his audience to have when they first listened to it.

The song faded off into the ending as you handed his phone back to him, hesitantly. “Where is the replay button on your phone?”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it” Hoya chuckled, taking your question as a high compliment.

“So when do you have an album release because I want to be first in line” You told him honestly.

“We have one coming up but it is with six other guys, not just me” Hoya took another sip from his cup.

The two of you continued to talk throughout the night as you both get really close to one another. Laughing and enjoying one another’s company, you couldn’t remember a time that you enjoyed yourself this much with someone else.

Go to Ending