Hoya Speaks First

Waiting for the Night to End - Hoya

“I guess this is where we ask each other awkward questions” Hoya chuckled, his free hand raising up and rubbing his neck.

“I guess so” You giggle with a nod.

“So… was this your idea or his to come here?” Hoya questioned, his fingers playing with one another as he pulled up a bar stool.

“His.” You confessed, “He wanted a guys night out and then he dragged me along…”

“What would you be doing right now if he didn’t bring you along?” Hoya inquired, curious as to if you two would make a good match.

Tapping your bottom lip you thought for a moment before responding, “Either reading a book on the balcony in a hoodie and a soft blanket under the stars or turning up the radio and dancing around the living room.”

“Really? Those seem very different” Hoya chuckled liking your reply to his question nonetheless.

“I’m just an original” You shrugged your shoulders not sure if he liked your reply or not.

“I’d rather have an original girl than a mainstream one…” Hoya confessed quietly, his eyes dropping from yours as he spoke.

“Why is that?” You probed, your eyes trying to read his body language as his hands hung in his lap as his fingers played with the manly bracelets hugging his wrist.

“You can pick a mainstream girl up on the street at any time, they have no flavor or class, nothing makes them stand out. I love the girls that stick up for themselves, that aren’t afraid to show off who they are and are proud of who they have become and how life has shaped them.” Hoya carefully explained as his beautiful brown eyes glanced up at you from time to time.

“That was very well said” You smiled, not having met anyone who thought that way before.

“So” Hoya cleared his throat wanting to change the subject slightly, “How did you and your boyfriend meet?”

“Y-You’re probably going to think this is silly” You ran your fingers through your hair as you looked away.

“Probably” He nodded his sarcastic tone coating his words, gasping at his sarcasm he laughed at your gasp finding it adorable.

“Well I tutored him for a little while and then one thing lead to another and he became my boyfriend” Your smile slowly faded as Hoya tilted his head reading your body language and facial expressions. Hoya could tell that something more has gone on between you as you shifted in your seat before glancing over at your boyfriend trying to play darts in his drunk state.

“Are you happy with him?” Hoya quizzed, your eyes turning back to his warm and welcoming gaze.

Are you happy with your boyfriend?