FAMILY COMES FIRST

THE FIVE ROYAL CANDIDATES

 

EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
I cannot believe that the cousin that I grew up with is already marrying and will be a father soon. I chuckled to myself as I went back to where mum and Bom-unnie were. 
 
 
 
“What took you so long?” whispered Bom unnie while she handed another cup of porridge to one of the children. She smiled as I did too when the press requested for a photo. 
 
 
 
“What do you feel about a wedding tomorrow?” I whispered as she widened her eyes at what I just asked her. 
 
 
 
“You’re getting married?” she whispered in Japanese as I shook my head. 
 
 
 
“My cousin is.” she furrowed her brows as I felt mother’s hand over my shoulder. 
 
 
 
“What is this about?’ she elegantly asked as I giggled. 
 
 
 
“Yoochun oppa is getting married.” I whispered and this made mother’s face lit up since she adores Yoochun oppa so much. 
 
 
 
KIM JAEJOONG’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
“Where are we going?” grunted Yoochun as I chuckled at him. 
 
 
 
“You know, you are unusually gloomy today.” I commented as he gave me a glare. I looked at him and chuckled once more. 
 
 
 
“I just broke with the love of my life, what would you have expect me to do? Rejoice?” he asked rhetorically and recalled the conversation I got from the Empress a yesterday. 
 
 
 
FLASHBACK: 
 
 
 
“Hello?” I answered the phone as I dried my drenched hair with the small towel. 
 
 
 
“Hello? Is this Kim Jaejoong?” I widened my eyes when I heard her voice. 
 
 
 
“Yes, your majesty.” I, unknowingly, bowed inside my bedroom where no one but myself was present. 
 
 
 
“Well, I know I left you shocked and probably dazed but I just want you to know that a wedding will take place tomorrow.” I gulped. 
 
 
 
“Neh? Our wedding?” I heard her laugh from the other line. Oh God! I hope not! I haven’t even known her and we’re already marrying each other? 
 
 
 
“NO.” Oh thank heavens! I gave a sigh of relief and continued listening to what she was about to say. “I’ve arranged a little wedding inside the palace. I want you to take care of Yoochun oppa and I will take care of Park Ga Hee and her family.” I cannot believe that in a short period of time, she already devised a plan. Well, she’s the Empress after all but hearing her plan is somewhat intimidating and surprising to know since she is younger than me. 
 
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK. 
 
 
 
Yoochun sat up immediately when we arrived to the familiar street he would always take to get to the palace. He looked at me as I took a glance at him and went back to driving towards the north gate of the palace.
 
 
 
“What are we doing here?” he raised a brow as I chuckled. 
 
 
 
“Patience is a virtue, my friend.” I informed him as I rolled my windows down and showed them some papers sent to me by the Empress’ herself. 
 
 
 
“Are we meeting the Empress?” he asked with a worried face as I sighed. “Are you kidding me? I don’t want my cousin to see me like this!” he pulled his hair using both his hands as I shook my head. 
 
 
 
“Relax and just listen to what she will say, alright?” I advised and continued driving towards the parking lot near the main palace. 
 
 
 
NARRATOR’S P.OV. 
 
 
 
When Jaejoong and Yoochun got out of the parking lot, they were immediately greeted by the Empress’ personal secretary and palace ladies. 
 
 
 
“Good Morning, sirs.” they greeted as the two men bowed to the palace people. “Please follow us and we will begin the ceremony.” 
 
 
 
“What ceremony?” Yoochun looked at Jaejoong and was given a shrug and they were separated in an instant by the palace ladies. Jaejoong was guided towards the main palace courtyard― where the ceremony will take place― while Yoochun was guided in a luxurious room.
 
 
 
Once inside, eunuchs came in after the palace ladies got out of the room, leaving Yoochun and the men alone. He felt uneasy because never encountered the situation he was in when he visits his cousin and he was nervous because it was so foreign to him. 
 
 
 
“Please take off your clothes.” he widened his eyes when one of the eunuchs asked him to strip his clothing. 
 
 
 
EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
I sighed deeply as Park Ga Hee and her parents drank the tea I poured for them. I smiled to myself and realized that my cousin is lucky to be marrying this elegant and beautiful in front of me. Yes, my cousin deserves her and I won’t let my status ruin it for them. 
 
 
 
“You are here because…” I smiled at Ga Hee and made eye contact with my chief attendant, Lady Jung. She bowed at me as the palace ladies came with the wedding dowries I selected yesterday when I came home. “These are wedding dowry and I am asking for your daughter’s hand in marriage for my cousin, Park Yoochun.” I couldn’t afford to lose time and this made Ga Hee-shi emotional. 
 
 
 
“Neh? Really?” she wiped her tears away as I offered my handkerchief to her. 
 
 
 
“If you love each other, don’t let other people tell you what to do.” I sighed. “I know about the baby and I am more than happy to be a part of this wedding.” 
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
“I, Empress Park Sandara, give my blessing to you, Park Yoochun and Park Ga Hee. I wish you long life and a happy marriage. Love one another, cherish one another, and care for one another till eternity.” I said to them while reading the royal scroll. I handed it to Yoochun as he bowed and Ga Hee did afterwards. “And I pronounce you, husband and wife.” I announced and this marked the end of the wedding ceremony. 
 
 
 
I waited for them to finish walking down the aisle because as soon as they got out of the main palace, the faster I could get out of this heavy headpiece. 
 
 
 
KIM JAEJOONG’S P.O.V 
 
 
 
“Thanks.” Yoochun handed me a glass of wine as I nodded at him. 
 
 
 
“Don’t mention it.” I smiled at him. 
 
 
 
“You know, my cousin told me about the candidates.” 
 
 
 
“Yeah?” I didn’t want to sound too eager but, I guess, it was already too late. 
 
 
 
“She said that you’re definitely someone that she can trust and depend on in the future.” I smiled after hearing him. I searched for her across the ball room and saw her giggling and mingling with the limited guests invited for the wedding. I couldn’t help but to smile as well when I saw her smiles. 
 
 
 
“Maybe this candidate thing isn’t too preposterous after all.” I murmured to myself. 
 
 
 
“Did you say something?” wondered Yoochun as I gave him a headlock in return. 
 
 
 
“You’re married now, dude!” I and this made the others laugh at my actions, including the Empress. At least, I can make her laugh right now. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE GUYS! I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH MIDTERMS, HOMEWORK, AND PAPERWORK. BUT HOPEFULLY, YOU ENJOYED READING THIS UPDATE. AND I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT! THANKS AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY, I'LL BE BACK SOON WITH AN UPDATE!)