OFFICIAL VISIT

THE FIVE ROYAL CANDIDATES

 

 

 

EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V

 

“So, Mr. Dong Youngbae, I heard that you are planning on expanding your business empire throughout Europe.” Mother tried to make the ever so popular small talk on him to avoid awkwardness, but it’s already awkward and it just made me more tired because it’s about business and I’m so tired of business-related talks.

 

“Uh… Yes, as a matter-of-fact. My father and I decided that if we want our business to grow, then it’s a must for us to do expansion.” He cleared his throat afterwards and glanced at me. I gave him a smile and had some of my Eggs Benedict.

 

“That’s very good. Our maternal grandfather is also—“ Bom unnie looked at me and so did mother and Youngbae-shi when I decided to cut her off.

 

GREAT! I MADE IT MORE AWKWARD.

 

“I’m terribly sorry for cutting you, Bom unnie, but if I hear another business-related topic then I might just explode.” I smiled at them and I groaned when my trusted secretary arrived with that schedule notebook of mine. Men! I seriously loathe that schedule notebook.

 

“Your Imperial Majesties, Your Highness, and Your Lordship.” He began to greet us one by one by bowing and the three of us nodded at him in exchange. Bom unnie and I looked at Youngbae-shi and he had this dazed look written on his face.

 

“Oh! You mean me.” He stood up and did a ninety-degree bow at my secretary and mother, Bom-unnie, and I couldn’t help but giggle at his actions.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” he sounded nervous; anxious, in fact.

 

“Well, it’s not entirely wrong milord but people with certain titles don’t greet us like how you did to me awhile ago.” Secretary Yang explained as I sighed.

 

“I see.” He scratched his head like a nervous schoolboy and I just had to stand up.

 

“You’re here to fetch me? What’s on my schedule?” I asked with an exasperated sigh.

 

“Yes, your majesty, I came to fetch you because we need to be going to the military base in Deongducheon.” He told me as I went towards mother and Bom unnie for a goodbye kiss.

 

“Goodbye, Mr. Dong Youngbae.” I smiled at him and gave him a quick embrace. “I’ll see you on your training.” I whispered to him and got out of the palace with my bodyguards, secretary, and some advisors.

 

 

When we arrived, a U.S general greeted me as I gave him a salute. Then, my generals came over and I did the same with them.

 

“We are delighted to have you here, your majesty.” General Choi Hyun Bin shook hands with me as I nodded. “Allow me to introduce my son, Choi Seunghyun.” He then gestured to his left and I smiled when I saw the familiar guy looking straight ahead with a poker face. 

 

“I’ve heard great things about you, Mr. Choi Seunghyun.” I said to him and he finally looked down and met my eyes. I smiled.

 

“Your majesty.” He smiled and I saw him blush for a second.

 

“Let’s see these military exhibitions, shall we?” I suggested and walked with my entourage towards my chair with my general to my right and the U.S general to my left. “I think fate really wants me to get married.” I murmured to myself as I sat down.

 

“Did you say something, your majesty?” the general asked in English.

 

“No, I’m just admiring the flags.” I’m getting really good at lying because I didn’t stutter this time around.

 

KIM JAEJOONG’S P.O.V

 

It’s been a week since I’ve seen the empress and I can’t get her out of my head. What’s going on with me?

 

“Earth to Jaejoong?” Yoochun waved his hand in front of me as I blinked.

 

“You are very funny and mature for a married man.” I hope he got the sarcasm in my voice.

 

“Come on! I’m going to Jeju Island today for my honeymoon and I’m here to remind you once more to make sure to feed my dog and if you don’t I’m going to kill you.” He reminded me for the hundredth time.

 

“I will and I promise.” I stood up and went over to my bar and got some scotch for myself.

 

“You’re not yourself these couple of days. Is something bothering you?”

 

“No.” I replied quickly.

 

“Come on, tell your best friend that’s been bothering you.” He spoke in a singsong type of voice, which became irritating overtime.

 

“I don’t like your cousin, alright?”

 

“I’m not saying anything yet you are being defensive.”

 

“Just leave, ok? Your wife is probably cold already.”

 

“We’re going to talk about this after my honeymoon, you got it?” he squinted his eyes at me as I slammed the door in front of me.

 

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME? GOSH, I NEED A SHRINK.