HER HERO

THE FIVE ROYAL CANDIDATES

HER HERO

                                                      

Hey guys! I know it has been too long since my last updates. But what can I do? I got married, had twins, and graduated from college. I’ve just been so busy. Anyways, as promised, I hope you enjoy the updates and please still subscribe if you are new and comment.

 

I’m really sorry!!!!

 

**

 

NARRATOR’S P.O.V

 

The empress walked towards her throne room and the stranger followed. He couldn’t make sense of it all. At first, he thought it was just a random woman that needed his help, but she’s not. He only returned from his world tour with his bandmates when his father dropped a bomb on him and this incident definitely didn’t help.

 

“What is your name?” she stopped walking and he nearly collided with her, but his reflexes saved him.

 

“Lee Dong Hae, your majesty.” He bowed and didn’t hear anything from her for a while.

 

“Are you, by chance, the son of Lord Jung Hyun of Jeollando province?” asked the empress.

 

“How did you—” before he could finish, he remembered what his father informed him when he got home.

 

“You have been chosen as one of the candidates.” His father grinned from ear to ear, clearly overjoyed.

 

“Candidates?” he furrowed his brows together in confusion.

 

“The candidates to woo Empress Dara. If you succeed, you’ll be her husband my son!” his father pulled his son closer to him and gave him a tight embrace while jumping up and down.

 

“Right. The candidates.” He murmured, enough for her to hear.

 

“Who would’ve thought that you will be the one to save me from those hoodlums. Certainly, you are my hero.” She smiled at him and as soon as she smiled, Dong Hae looked up to see a beautiful smile coming from her.

 

He’s seen her face countless of times on TV before, but up close, those images of her definitely didn’t do her justice.

 

“Your Majesty!” her royal secretary practically sprinted to her direction and checked if she was alright. “Your majesty, were you hurt in any way?” he asked and examined her royal body.

 

“I am quite alright.” She smiled and held his hand to assure him that she was fine. “I apologize for leaving the palace without informing any of you. I just wanted to be myself for a night, and well…” she paused to chuckle, “look where it got me.” She smiled once more and nodded.

 

“Right.” She exhaled and her facial expression changed from warm to… royal almost. She had this aura—an authoritative one—and her attendants and her secretary was right beside her waiting for her command. “Did you bring me a set of clothes?”

 

“Yes, your majesty.” Lady Jung, the chief attendant of the empress, answered and another attendant passed it to chief attendant. “Is it to your liking?”

 

“Of course.” She nodded. “Let’s go change. And Hanna you wear the clothes that I am wearing now. It’s time to punish those hoodlums.” She informed them and her royal attendants bowed, including Dong Hae and Yang. “Mr. Dong Hae, why don’t you wear this when they are present? After all, you are a celebrity.” She approached him and handed him the medical mask that she was wearing.

 

After giving the mask to him, she immediately left the throne room and went to another part of the palace to change. It was only him and the secretary left in the throne room.

 

“I am Yang Goon, the royal secretary of the Empress. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, milord.” He bowed.

 

“Please, just call me Dong Hae. You don’t have to be so formal.” He chuckled.

 

“You are still a nobleman.” Yang exhaled. “Thank you for saving her majesty.” The man took his hand shook it with force. Clearly, he was thankful. “I must go and assess the situation with the guards. I will be back with the suspects.”

 

 

EMPRESS DARA’S P.O.V

 

I feel apologetic towards Yang and my attendants. All my life, they’ve been there for me. Always following my every move and carrying on my commands and requests, and I never heard any complaints. And this is what I gave in return?

 

“I’m sorry Lady Jung. I made you worry, didn’t I?” She held back her tears and I immediately teared up. “I’m sorry.” I gave her a quick embrace and dried her tears with my fingers.

 

“Please refrain from doing that again, your majesty. It is dangerous for you to be alone.” She finally smiled and zipped my dress for me.

 

“I was not alone.” I simply smiled. “If it weren’t for Lord Dong Hae, I would’ve probably been .”

 

I heard my attendants gasp. Clearly, they are all surprised and angry towards the hoodlums that wanted to hurt me.

 

“He saved my life and he clearly made an impression.” I informed them and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

 

A while ago, I looked like an average person. Now, I look regal. Frankly, I prefer comfortable clothing, but what can I do? I am an empress after all. I can’t have a normal life like everybody else.

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

 

“It is I, your majesty.” I heard Yang’s voice and I told him to enter.

 

“The suspects are now in the throne room. What should we do, your majesty?”

 

“They must not know that it was me who they were chasing. Hanna is wearing the clothes I was wearing and she and I have the same physique and long hair. I’ll tell them that they are way over their heads because they nearly assaulted a royal attendant assigned to me, the Empress.”

 

"Of course." Yang bowed and so did the rest of my entourage. “What about charges we can file?”

 

“They dare touch a royal subject?” the words came out with venom. I can do something about these hoodlums because I have influence, but what about those women who cannot do anything? They are , touched, and even beaten for something so trivial.

 

“They touched you?!” Yang became protective. During the five years after my father died, Yang has been the closest father figure to me.

 

“No.” I shook my head and they were thankful by doing a sign of the cross and muttering his thanks to the Lord. “Let us go.” I ordered and I began to walk out of the room.

 

**

 

When we arrived in the throne room, the suspects were standing next to each other, clearly irritated by the security guards surrounding them.

 

“So… these are the ones who dare hurt my attendant.” I entered their line of sight and their shocked faces greeted me.

 

“How…” I managed to hear from one of them.

 

I didn’t utter another sentence. Instead, I began walking up the steps towards my throne. When I arrived, I turned around to face them and I sat down.

 

“I am Empress Sandara. Earlier this evening, your gang was about to hurt my attendant after I sent her to do an errand for me. You tried to grab her and without this man’s help, she would’ve been hurt or worse.” I raised my chin at them and pointed at Dong Hae, who was wearing the black mask I gave him earlier.

 

“I… I…” we heard a commotion outside of the palace which caused me to pause.

 

“What is happening?”

 

“There are some men outside of the palace. They appear to be the rest of the gang, your majesty.” A guard entered the throne room and I sighed.

 

"Yang.” I called my secretary and he approached my left side. “Do a media control on this. I don’t want Hanna’s name on this, but I want the media to know about these hoodlums. Anyone who they hurt and abused, should come forward. The police will work on this and I want more police patrols in underground parking buildings.” I raised a brow and stared at the men. “As for the men outside of the palace, don’t let them in. If they struggle and use force, arrest them for property damage. As for these men, charge them with attempted ual harassment and attempted assault.”

 

I approached Hannah and smiled at her. “Is it alright for you to come to the police station for your statement? I will be with you.”

 

“Thank you, your majesty. I don’t know what to say, really.”

 

I don’t blame her. In a sense, her statement will be fabricated. However, she’s only replacing me at the scene of the crime.

 

LEE DONG HAE’S P.O.V

 

Watching her authoritative self, made me wonder how could such a young woman like herself be so powerful? Surely, she’s younger than me, but I can’t seem to level with her greatness. I can’t help but admire her.

 

“Is it alright if you do this? I mean, you will be asked for your name and the media will surely have a field day about this.” The empress was kind enough to ask for my permission.

 

“It’s completely fine with me, your majesty.” I smiled. “Besides, I was just there to join my friends for a night out, but I saw you and couldn’t help myself but to help you.”

 

“Thank you, again for saving me.” She smiled at me again. “And please, call me Dara. You have to get used to it anyways, if you were chosen to be my husband.” She smirked and turned around.

 

She sure is an independent woman.