C O L O U R Y O U R W O R L D - End

Colour Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Donghae the dinosaur isn’t Ryeowook’s soulmate.

But that doesn’t explain why he’s got blue hair. Kyuhyun wants to ask Ryeowook why his brother has got blue hair – the exact same shade of blue as the both of them even- but he doesn’t get the chance when Donghae joins them in the café, bringing each of them their drinks that they’ve ordered. He takes a seat at an empty seat and smiles and Kyuhyun wonders if Ryeowook’s and Donghae’s parents are supermodels or something because damn, these siblings are legit good-looking as .

Donghae begins, grinning, “It’s nice to see that he’s met his soulmate.”

Kyuhyun doesn’t know why but he accidentally coughs up the Americano he’s drinking and then quickly apologizes while Ryeowook giggles.

“So what do you work as?” Donghae questions, clearing his throat and straightening his back suddenly looking very very intimidating and Kyuhyun feels himself shrinking as Donghae goes on, “You know we can’t just let our magnae marry off some guy without a stable job.”

“Marry?” Kyuhyun squeaks, feeling himself stilling, “Since-since.. When are-are we… Get-getting married?”

“Hyung!” Ryeowook whines, slapping Donghae’s chest while his brother snickers, “You’re scaring him! We’re not even together, yet!”

Yet

Kyuhyun can’t hide his goofy smile as he tilts his head at Ryeowook and watches this perfect human, all pouting and cute and so damn able. It isn’t until he realizes that it’s weird, thinking about bending Ryeowook over this very table and having his way with him when his brother is right next to them, blue-haired and all that.

As Kyuhyun lifts his mouth to answer, they’re being interrupted by another blue-haired man, interrupting them by suddenly hugging the living daylights out of Donghae from the back. Donghae jumps in his seat in surprise, lifts up his head and then breaks into a cheesy grin, pecking the stranger by his lips.

“Hyukjae!”

“Hey you,” The stranger, who Kyuhyun assumes is Hyukjae, pinches Donghae’s nose, “Hi handsome. Hey there, Wookie.”

Ryeowook waves at him, “Hyung, this is Kyuhyun!”

“Ah, Kyuhyun!” Hyukjae looks at Kyuhyun with a gummy smile, “Ryeowook told me that he’s finally found his soulmate!”

Hyukjae takes a seat next to Donghae and Ryeowook asks him questions about how his job went – Apparently he’s a chirographer for SM and while Hyukjae, Donghae and Ryeowook catch up with one another, Kyuhyun sits back and wonders what in the world is going on because they’re all four sitting here in this empty café with blue hair of the same shade and tint and all that. It looks weird, it makes them look like they’re all ing soulmates to each other and that… is really… Weird. That’s probably , Kyuhyun guesses and he’s never understood why the would anyone like that.

But at the same time, Kyuhyun has to admit that he actually like this. Not the freaking part, mind you. It’s the atmosphere of being around Ryeowook’s loved ones, it’s warm. It’s nice to see that they’re all so close to each other and Kyuhyun finds that the people around Ryeowook are just like Ryeowook, nice and warm and friendly in their own way. Kyuhyun watches as Donghae and Hyukjae, whom he guesses must be soulmates due to the same coloured hair and all that, occasionally touch and look at each other and he can feel the love radiating for each other in their eyes (and their hair). It’s so sweet that Kyuhyun wonders if he’ll be able to have that with Ryeowook one day.

In the middle of their conversation however, Kyuhyun snaps back to reality when he hears Ryeowook calling his name.

“Kyu? Did you just hear what I’ve said?” Ryeowook questions and Kyuhyun shakes his head.

Ryeowook repeats himself, “Hyukjae’s noona is a lawyer as well and she’s currently looking for associates for her team. You could try applying for it.”

“Your sister is a lawyer?” Kyuhyun questions, interested while Hyukjae nods.

“Lee Sora.”

At this, Kyuhyun’s jaw drops because holy , “Lee Sora as in… The Lee Sora? Seoul’s best lawyer who’s never lost a single case once?”

Hyukjae nods proudly and Kyuhyun releases a high-pitch squeak because oh dear god, he can’t believe this is really happening. He’s idolized Lee Sora ever since high-school and he’s read everything about the cases that she’s handled. She’s practically his ing God and Kyuhyun’s freaking out because just the thought of being able to work for Lee Sora is a ing dream come true.

Ryeowook, Donghae and Hyukjae’s looking at him kind of funny and so, Kyuhyun tones down in the fanboy mode and tries, really really hard, not to sound too excited as he continues, “I’d… Uh… I’d really like to work for her.”

“That’s great,” Hyukjae grins, “Why don’t you join us for dinner tomorrow then? We’re all meeting up and even Ryeowook is going to be there. I’ll introduce you to my noona.”

Kyuhyun releases yet another high-pitched squeak and this time, he doesn’t even care if his nerd is showing because he’s meeting his ing idol. Oh yes, this is what he’s been wanting his whole life. But then Kyuhyun freezes on the spot and almost has a panic attack as he runs his fingers through his hair.

“I… I… I have blue hair,” Kyuhyun suddenly blurts out of the blue (ha, no pun intended). “I can’t meet the goddess Lee Sora with blue hair.”

Donghae tilts his head, “Why not?”

“Lawyers can’t have blue hair,” Ryeowook interrupts, the easy-going smile on his face being wiped off as he goes on, “And it’s my fault his hair is blue.”

“Ah… Well… Yeah.” Hyukjae agrees, “Sora noona once had an employee whose hair kept changing colours and she requested him to shave it off. It’s not his or my sister’s fault though. It’s just that… The society has these stereotypes against people with different coloured hair, that they’re not serious about life or are misfits and all that.”

“Wh-What about his soulmate then?” Kyuhyun questions worriedly.

Hyukjae shrugged, “It doesn’t matter does it?”

Kyuhyun wonders what that means but before he can question them, a group of teenagers walks into the cafe and Donghae rises to his feet and head to the back of the counter to serve them. Hyukjae follows suit, winking to Ryeowook that he should give the lovebirds some time alone and then helping Donghae with some of the orders.

Once the brother and the boyfriend’s gone, Kyuhyun leans against his seat as he glances at Ryeowook, who is staring out of the full-length window of the café, looking like he’s in deep thoughts.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun softly calls out, “You okay there?”

Ryeowook tilts his head, “Yeah, I was just thinking.”

“About?” Kyuhyun prompts and then realizes that he’s still somewhat a stranger to Ryeowook – even if they’ve kinda… Well…. Had some y time- and so he quickly adds, “I mean… I… You know… If you don’t mind me asking.”

Ryeowook giggles softly, “What are your plans for the rest of the day, Kyuhyun?”

“No plans,” Kyuhyun shrugs.

“Great!” Ryeowook chirps, “Let’s go on a date!”

Kyuhyun doesn’t get to respond or ask about more details because he’s suddenly being yanked out from his seat and out of the café. He doesn’t even gets the chance to wave Donghae and Hyukjae goodbye because Ryeowook’s pulling him at top-notch speed. Kyuhyun’s kinda embarrassed because everyone on the streets looking at them and he bets that most of the men are thinking that Kyuhyun’s a wimp because Ryeowook’s such a tiny little smurf-like thing and he’s the one dragging Kyuhyun around. It’s not his fault Ryeowook’s so freakishly strong and that he kinda likes that Ryeowook’s hands are around his arms. If Ryeowook keeps holding this like this, Kyuhyun thinks that he might even start to enjoy having Ryeowook drag him around.

That is until Ryeowook drags him to hell.

Quite literally.

And now, Kyuhyun doesn’t know if he likes Ryeowook at all.

Because Ryeowook’s dragged him to a freaking carnival. And Kyuhyun hates that .

Clowns, haunted houses, greasy food, stupid games that he can never win in (Just because he’s a gamer doesn’t mean he’s supposed to be good at everything) and the worst part of all, the damn freaking nauseating rides.

Kyuhyun hates them all. 

He ing does.

***

Okay so maybe the carnival isn’t as bad as how Kyuhyun thinks it’d be.

Or maybe because he’s with Ryeowook and Ryeowook makes everything enjoyable. That’s not even an understatement because Kyuhyun swears he’s been enjoying every minute of his date with Ryeowook.

The things that Ryeowook does, the jokes that he makes, the way his eyes turn into tiny crescent when they laugh, the sweet sound of his voice and his laughter, everything about Ryeowook has got Kyuhyun’s heart thumping excitedly against his. Each time Ryeowook sends him a precious smile, it feels like a bolt straight in the heart.

Kyuhyun doesn’t even care that he’s made himself out to sound like a wimp when he admits to Ryeowook that he’s kinda afraid of heights and he doesn’t even care that he can’t romantically win Ryeowook a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter