C O L O U R Y O U R W O R L D - Red

Colour Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s one in the morning.

Kyuhyun releases another sigh as he continuously toss and turn in his bed. He can’t sleep, not when he keeps thinking of a certain pink-haired midget. Kim Ryeowook, the name rolls of his tongue and Kyuhyun doesn’t realize that he’s smiling until he catches his own reflection in the mirror on the opposite side of the room. Frustrated that Ryeowook has got him all worked up like this, he pushes himself up, resting his back against the headboard of the bed.

Kim Ryeowook is anything but good for his life right now. Yes, Ryeowook is his soulmate but so what? In this world, soulmates are just… Soulmate. It’s just a name. Some soulmates fall in love, some don’t. Either way, you can actually get rid of your soulmate if you don’t like them. Kyuhyun’s heard of it, of some cases where some soulmates fall out of love with each other and shave off their hair on their head. Once your hair is shaved, you’ll get a new soulmate. It’s weird but it’s the way of life.

As much as Kyuhyun’s been put through hell and back with all the different colours Ryeowook had dyed his hair to, Kyuhyun never had the intention to shave his hair away. It had crossed his mind more than once but… Kyuhyun finds that he actually likes Ryeowook before he even knows him. The hair colours, even though as horrendous as they were (and currently is), showed little glimpses of his soulmate’s life. Kyuhyun likes that his soulmate is spunky and brave to pull of weird colours and Kyuhyun has a feeling from the very first time his hair changed colours that his soulmate would be a fun person.

Kyuhyun pushes himself off the bed and walks toward his coat, digging through the pocket and pulling out the card Ryeowook had given him earlier. He knows it’s one in the morning but… Ryeowook’s keeping him up all night and it’s only fair if Kyuhyun keeps Ryeowook up all night as well and so, he grabs his phone and dials Ryeowook’s number.

It rings for a couple of seconds and then…

“Hello?”

Ryeowook doesn’t even sound the least bit groggy or exhausted. His voice is still the same before - soft, sweet and beautiful.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun replies, clearing his throat.

Silence.

Kyuhyun wonders if he should say something cheesy like:

It’s me, the love of your life.

Or,

It’s me, your soulmate, the person with the soul that’s able to connect with yours on every level and all that.

Or,

It’s me, the handsome one with the pink hair and a heart that’s meant to love you. Not forever but, five-ever.

Instead, however, Kyuhyun gives an awkward laugh and says, “It’s me, Kyuhyun.”

How boring, Cho Kyu.

Ryeowook softly gasp, “Is it… Really you?”

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun answered, “Why… Why do you sound surprised?”

“Oh, well… I never thought you’d call.”

Kyuhyun wonders why but then again, he wasn’t the friendliest towards the pink-haired main earlier.

“Ah, well…” Kyuhyun clears his throat, goddammit why is his throat so dry.

There’s an awkward silent for the longest time before Ryeowook breaks the silence, thank ing god because Kyuhyun feels like he’s about to faint from the awkwardness.

“So… Uh… It’s… It’s pretty late.” Ryeowook begins, “What… What are you doing up so late?”

 “I… Uh… Well… I can’t sleep.”

Alright Cho Kyu, this is your chance. Say something romantic next, tell him that you’ve been thinking about him all night.

“I…. I… I had a nightmare.” Kyuhyun blurts. 

Way to show him romantic, Cho Kyu. You just made yourself sound pathetic instead.

“I… I mean… I just… I’m taking care of my puppy.” Kyuhyun lies, laughing awkwardly.

“Wait… You really have a puppy?” Ryeowook coos, “Really!?”

“Uh… Yeah. Of course,” Kyuhyun says, gulping. “He’s pretty cute.”

“Aw! I love puppies!”

“Really?” Kyuhyun chuckles, “Should I bring him around the next time we meet?”

“I’d like that!” Ryeowook agrees, “So… Wait, there’s a next time?”

Kyuhyun realizes that oh , did he just indirectly asked Ryeowook to meet again? Smooth.

“Yeah, if… If you want to, I mean.”

“I’d love to,” Ryeowook replies in a heartbeat and Kyuhyun feels himself grinning like an idiot.

“So….” Kyuhyun clears his throat, hoping that he doesn’t sound too excited, still wanting to sound cool even though that nightmare bit already has him throwing his cool image out of the window, “What are you up to right now?

“Oh, nothing much, I’m just looking up some pictures online for my next work.”

“You’re an artist right?” Kyuhyun asks and then admits, “I… Ah… I saw some of your works online… You’re really talented.”

It’s really true. Kyuhyun had searched up Ryeowook online and found some of his works to be really appealing. Kyuhyun’s no artist, heck he failed art class so badly back in school that he was banned into the artroom, but he knows when something looks good and artistic and Ryeowook’s works are all that and maybe more.

Ryeowook thank him and then Kyuhyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter