C O L O U R Y O U R W O R L D - Pink

Colour Your World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s on the verge of calling the hotline for the nearest wildlife centre.

He grips his phone tightly in his hands wondering if the wildlife centre requires free meat for their animals because he will gladly sacrifice his idiotic brother for the poor animals there. Henry’s been laughing while literally rolling on the floor, throwing his arms and legs in the air and Kyuhyun’s sure that his twenty-one-year-old brother is secretly half human, half-puppy. Henry can be cute when he wants to be and he’s potty-trained and all that but most of the time, he’s messy, loud, never shuts up, and follows you around wherever you go. Sometimes, if you give him enough food, he’ll be a good boy ad he’ll even do tricks for you (Ha, kidding! If only Henry’s that obedient and an actual puppy.) (Still, the similarities are uncanny and sometimes, Kyuhyun confuses Henry with a real puppy.)

“I have to meet him!” Henry barks in laughter, “Aw man, hyung. I already like him and I haven’t even met him.”

“If you already like him, then why don’t you be his soulmate?” Kyuhyun bites back bitterly.

Henry shakes his head as he finally stands up and takes a seat on the couch, giggling like a kid as he runs a hand through Kyuhyun’s hair. Kyuhyun swats his hand away and Henry laughs while Kyuhyun flips him his precious finger.

“I need to find him,” Kyuhyun groans, annoyed, “Or I’m going to end up jobless. I’ve worked hard for my degree. This isn’t happening!”

“Why pink though?” Henry asks and then breaks into a huge grin, “Hyung, do you think he’s an idol?”

Kyuhyun’s head snaps to his brother, his eyes wide in horror, “Idol?”

“Yeah, you know, one of those idols in boy groups.” Henry points out, “They’re always changing their hair to different colours.”

Henry’s usually a dimwit but surprisingly, he has a point today. What if Kyuhyun’s soulmate is a famous idol? Don’t idols usually dye their hair funny colours like these? Kyuhyun frowns, already not liking the idea of having a soulmate who is in the entertainment industry. He dislikes it and he can only imagine how materialistic and arrogant his soulmate can be.

But maybe if he were from a certain group…

Like let’s say…

Big Bang?

Kyuhyun probably wouldn’t mind. Curious and a little excited, Kyuhyun unlocks his phone and types into google ‘Current k-idols with the ing brightest pink hair.’

The first picture he stumbles across has him almost choking on his own saliva because it is none other than Big Bang’s T.O.P. Holy s. He thinks that this is it. He’s over the ing moon but Henry’s doesn’t need to know that and so Kyuhyun bangs his head against the coffee table repeatedly as he wails dramatically while Henry watches his brother.

“Has all the pink gotten to your brain?” Henry snickers, “What’s wrong this time, hyung?”

“It’s him, it’s Big Bang’s T.O.P!” Kyuhyun dramatically in a pained breath, “I can’t be in a relationship with him!”

“Why not?” Henry asks, “He’s pretty good-looking, isn’t he?”

“He’s weird!” Kyuhyun groans, “He takes pictures of pig’s butts and then makes a collage of the pictures and posts them up on his Instagram account at least fifty times!”

Henry blinks, “How do you even know that?”

Oh . Abort mission. Distract the young puppy!

“What if he takes pictures of my and makes a collage of it and posts in on Instagram!?” Kyuhyun dramatically asks.

Henry rolls his eyes, “Hyung, you’re so bad at lying it hurts. You’re secretly enjoying this, aren’t you? You even went to Big Bang’s concert last two years and cried when Taeyang stripped.”

Damn it. Mission failed.

So much for trying to look like the cool-unemotional brother.

“How do you even know that?” Kyuhyun asks grumpily.

“Read your diary.” Henry replies nonchalantly, “Which by the way is so gay of you to keep.”

“I am gay, what do you expect.”

“I’ve always thought you were the man in your relationships.”

Ouch.

Straight in my masculinity.

“I am always the man in the relationship!”

Henry waves his hand, unbothered by Kyuhyun trying to defend his man-pride in front of his brother. His brother studies the picture and then lifts up his chipmunk-and-puppy-looking face as he gives his older brother a ‘so-ing-tired-of-your-bull’ look.

“You’re colour-blind, aren’t you?” Henry asks straight-forwardly and then points at the phone, “His hair is cotton-candy pink.”

“And?” Kyuhyun waits, not really understanding what is going on.

Cotton-candy pink?

What?

There’s such a thing?

“Sorry burst your pretentious bubble hyung, but your hair is neon pink, neon pink as in its bright enough that you can actually stand by the road in the middle of the night and be a road-sign kind of colour.”

“What about T.O.P’s?”

“If T.O.P stands by the road in the middle of the night with his cotton-candy pink hair, he’s going to get hit by a car because it’s not as blinding as yours.” Henry shakes his head at his dumb brother, “Which means, your hair colours are not the same. So he’s not your soulmate.”

Kyuhyun’s quiet for a minute, slowly absorbing this devastating news.

“Hey, are you... Are you crying?” Henry asks in disbelief as he notices his brother’s eyes are somewhat teary.

Kyuhyun quickly shakes his head, “NO! It’s just…  I’ve some… Pink in my eye.”

Henry snickers knowingly at his brother. Well… You know what they say: Pink isn’t just a colour.

It’s an attitude.

***

Kyuhyun needs to find a job.

This is the third time he’s been rejected today and dejectedly, Kyuhyun drags himself to a café nearby. He needs coffee and maybe some ing hair-spray because this pink hair is not doing anything to help with his life. Plus, he feels as though his manliness is slowly slipping away because he’s starting to actually like the pink. If his soulmate does not dye the pink away, Kyuhyun’s afraid that he’s going to end up at a toy store one day in the Barbie section desperately finding pink dresses for his action figures back at home. Captain America and the Hulk might not like it but Kyuhyun has a feeling that deadpool would look hella-

“What the hell am I thinking dressing my babies in pink?” Kyuhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter