Chapter 5

You Lost Me // N

Five years later

"Babe." Ji-yoo smiled a little and turned around to look on the doorway of her room. Ye-jun, her father's boss, stood there, leaning against the door with his arms crossed and a smile placed on his lips. "What?" Ji-yoo asked.

"Nothing," He said, shrugging. "I just like to call you that." Ji-yoo and Ye-jun were dating two years. Even if she had a boyfriend, she never forgot Hakyeon, her first love. 

"Come on, let's go downstairs," She said and dragged him with her out. They went down stairs to see her father and her stepmother making dinner together. "Eomma, Appa," Ji-yoo called. 

Her father and mother looked up from the cooking and smiled. "Oh, Ji-yoo," Her step mother said. Her father met her step mother five years ago. The day when they came to America, and they both started dating. Ji-yoo liked her and they both became best friends. She made her father happy and she was there to listen to Ji-yoo when she needed someone.

Her father and mother married three years ago but before that they had a child together. Her half brother was four years old and she was his best friend. "Ye-jun will stay for dinner, is that okay?" Ji-yoo asked. "Of course," Her father agreed. "Thank you, abeonim," Ye-jun said, giving a small bow. 

"Noona!" Shi-woo, her half brother called as he ran into the kitchen. Ji-yoo picked him up, "What?" She asked and he hold up their mother's phone. "Look at this video," He said. 

"What is it?" She asked and walked with him into the living room. She sat down on the couch with Shi-woo on her lap and he played the video for her. "It's VIXX! Appa told me you know this guy!" He said with a big smile. 

"VIXX?" She asked, watching the video. It was a Korean music video, showing 6 guys singing and dancing. Her eyes grow wide when she stared at one of the guys, she knew him. 

Hakyeon

Ever since they broke up, they didn't spoke with each other. Her heart was hurt that he didn't tried to contact her. She did try but he never answered. But she was happy that he was living his dream as a singer. 

"I'm glad he's happy," Ji-yoo whispered. "Mmmm?" Shi-woo asked, looking up at him Noona. "Oh? Nothing," She said, shaking her head slightly. Soon, the video finished and she stared at the screen. Ye-jun walked over, "Shi-woo, why don't you go upstairs until dinner will be ready?" He asked.

"Okay, hyung," Shi-yoo agreed, jumping off Ji-yoo's lap and rushing to the stairs. Ji-yoo sighed as she hold onto the phone. She really missed Hakyeon but she didn't want to hurt Ye-jun's feelings like she did with Hakyeon.

"Ji-yoo?" Ye-jun called softly, making her look at him as he sat down beside her. "Is that why we never did anything but kiss?" She frowned. "That guy that you were staring at, who was he for you?"

"Ye-jun -" He cut her off, "Do you love him?" She sighed, "No. It's not like that," She replied. He opened his mouth but Ji-yoo's mother came in, "Dinner is ready," She called. "I'll get Shi-woo," Ji-yoo said as she stood up. She walked upstairs and went to Shi-woo's room to get him.

...................................

"Of course, Jenny. Don't worry, I'll get it for you," Ji-yoo said in english at her phone as she walked downstairs for breakfast. "Ji-yoo, you are the best. I love you so, so much, thank you, thank you, I own you one!" Jenny said. 

"I know," Ji-yoo agreed with a smirk. She heard her laughing as she went into the kitchen to see her mother placing the food to the table. "Hey, good morning," Ji-yoo whispered. "Morning," Her mother whispered back, smiling. 

"Okay, J, I'll see you later," Ji-yoo said into the phone. "Will do. Thanks again, bye," Jenny said. "Bye," Ji-yoo said with a smile and hung up. She sighed as she sat on the chair, "Did Appa took Shi-woo to the kindergarten?" She asked. "Yep," Her mother replied and sat down in front of her.

Ji-yoo started to eat with her mother. Then she glanced up at Ji-yoo and smiled, "Ji-yoo," She started. Ji-yoo looked up, "Mmm, Eomma?" She asked. "Can you be back home in 7 PM?" Her mother asked. 

Ji-yoo frowned but gave a small nod, "Yeah, I could ... Why? Is something wrong?" She asked, concerned. Her mother shook her head, "No, don't worry. It's good news. I hope it will for you," She said. 

"Okay, I will," Ji-yoo agreed. "Good," Her mother said with a smile. "Now eat. You to skinny." Ji-yoo chuckled. "Eomma, you too," She said and the two laughed. 

...................

"What is the talk about?" Ye-jun asked, handing Ji-yoo a glass of water once they came to his apartment. "Don't know," She replied, shrugging. "Eomma just said it's good news. Well, she said she hope it will for me."

They sat on the couch, "Let's hope so," He said, making her slightly to giggle. He studied her face for a moment. "Ji-yoo," He said softly. "Mmm?" She asked, looking at him. He landed over her, placing his lips gently to her for a moment before pulling away. 

"Salanghae," He said. "Ye-jun -" He cut her off, "I know it's hard for you ... But I had to tell you. I wanted to tell you that for a while now. But I will wait for you to say that you love me too."

...................

"I'm home!" Ji-yoo called once she stepped inside her house. "Noona!" Shi-woo yelled with a smile and jumped into her arms. She giggled, "Shi-woo, did you had fun today?" She asked. "Yes," He said as their parents walked over. 

"Let's sat down," Their father said and they walked into the living room. Ji-yoo and Shi-woo sat on the couch while their parents sat on the other couch. "What is it?" Ji-yoo asked. "Well, Ji-yoo," Her father started and smiled. "It's time to go back to Korea. This time we going all four of us."

"Wait, what?" Ji-yoo asked. "Isn't Korea is where Eomma, Appa and Noona are from?" Shi-woo asked. "Yes. We going to live there," Their mom said. Shi-woo jumped, happy, "Yes!"

"But what about our jobs and Shi-woo's kindergarten?" Ji-yoo asked. "It's already taken care of. Don't worry, it will be the same," Her father explained. "We leaving next month."