Lunch With The Elders

The Last Warrior

i was sleepless after the visit of the elderly,those '1 will pass away 1 shall betray 2 will sacrife and 2 will fall in love'kept me up, what if Emily will be the one who'll pass away,what if Liam will be the one who'll betray us. i can't afford to lose the both of them,specially Emily,i love her,i can't lose her.but after what i saw before the ball,crushed my dreams into pieces.she's inlove with Liam.she's been friends with him since she was a child and is probably inlove with him.she always talked about a guy she's been inlove with for the past few years,it's probably Liam and besides what do i have against him, if the king is still alive and well and had to choose over the two of us,he'd definitely choose Liam,who am i? an apprentice of a kingdom guide while he's the youngest and best archer in the kingdom.not to mention the best looking.i stretched my arms and let out a yawn. Emily suddenly crossed my mind, i wonder if she's doing fine. a loud crash suddenly scrambled my thoughts,i stood up,grabbing my pocket knife,i peeked through the door and saw a band of dark brown hair tied in a braid.i sigh in relief and approached her "what the heck are you doing? you're supposed to be asleep" i said.she looked up and gave me a sweet devilish smile,her eyes looking stunning as always.she turned away and started picking up the papers scattered on the floor "im doing..some research" she said,still not looking at me,i knelt down and helped her "you know you shouldn't really stress yourself" our hands accidentally touched,sending shivers down my spine,she looked at me,eyes shining bright,she jerked her hands away from mine,standing up not glacing at me "well what can i do.i couldn't sleep" i stood up thinking about what just happened.she continued walking down the hall."hey its not safe right now" i followed her,she suddenly stopped,she turned around,her eyes teary again "i know but i have to do this" she then turned and continued "well then at least let me come with you" i hesitated.she stopped. i could feel my heart pounding,waiting for a sweet 'yes'.she turned around "bother you in the middle of the night" she asked.i took a deep breath here we go again i said in my mind "yeah why not" she scoffed "Lou you don't have to do this" she said "i want to" i said "why" that word choked me,struck through me like an icy knife i wanted to answer her,with the truth,the truth why im so concerned about her,the truth why i always look forward to the time of the day where she escapes "because..its my obligation..im your guide..im supposed to follow you" she smiled and said "okay.if that's what you want"

i was awaken by the ray of sun focusing on my face.i arched my back and stretched my arms.i looked around,hoping i'd see her again,then there she was,just right next to me,sound asleep,i smiled.i slowly brushed a strand of hair from her face.she looks like an angel.she suddenly moved,sending me to a haze,i stood up,pulled the curtains to avoid the sun from waking her up,i looked at her,capturing mental pictures of her.when a light knock came in. i went outside 'shh' i signed. "what are you guys doing there" the guard asked,his voice making it sound that it was something suspicious.well it is "she went out last night caught her" he nodded "well i hope she'd wake up before lunch" i furrowed my brows "what about lunch" i tried to recall everything just in case i forgot something,i was distracted the whole night "the elder's messenger went here just now and said that 2 of the warriors are found and needed to be introduced to you guys" bad time. i said in my mind. "okay then i'll just wake her.did you inform Liam" he nodded and said "i'll go now" i looked over my shoulder,she's still asleep,i don't want to wake her up but i have to.i turned back to her,slowly closing the door.i tapped her shoulder lightly,she then moved,straightening herself up,she rubbed her eyes and turned around me "oh Lou what's up" she asked "elder's coming at lunch" she yawned and asked "what for" i pulled a chair and took a seat,i then started gathering the papers scattered over the marble table "it has something to do with the prophecy,the warriors.."