for how long

Daejae Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

angst

"For how long?" Daehyun asked, his fists clenching next to his body almost unnoticeably as he kept his voice as stable as possible. "For how long have you wanted to break up with me?"

Youngjae kept silent, fully comprehending Daehyun's words yet he wasn't able to reply as his head was still somewhere else.

At the last station of metro line number six, the sea crashing against the metal bars of one of the wooden platforms. There wasn't much around, the city scattering out into just a few houses until there were only a convenience store and a small motel left. Lonely.

Youngjae had felt truly alone at that moment. Having come to the conclusion that he was a terrible burden in Daehyun's life. Daehyun with his perfect grades, being recommended to the top universities by all of his teachers; he and his perfect family, an older brother who was proud of him and loving parents who would give him the world.

What did Youngjae have that Daehyun needed so badly, that he couldn't live without?

Nobody truly needed him in their lives. His father had abandoned him and his mother, leaving them on their own in their small apartment in the outskirts of the city. His mother was never at home, occupied with her line of work Youngjae couldn't even put into words, didn't want to.

He always came home to a dark room. Sometimes a few emptied soju bottles would be scattered on the small table in front of the tv, a reminder that his mother did come home from time to time but never bothered to wait for him.

Nights were gloomy in the two-bedroom apartment, the moon looming through the window as if to warn Youngjae to never stop being careful.

Because Youngjae was used to people taking advantage of him, they always did. That was why he couldn't believe Daehyun at first, once he showed how worried he was for Youngjae. It was just a trivial inconvenience for Youngjae, having to put up with Daehyun who was chasing after some excitement in his own life. The older would pop up during the most troublesome moments, usually when Youngjae was with the neighborhood delinquents.

It wasn't' like Youngjae was friends with them, but he didn't really have other people he could hang out with and their "gang" wasn't all too bad. They didn't steal or try to start fights, it was mostly about keeping their territory, as they liked to call the neighborhood,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter