Sick

Soulmate (Sequel of The Blue Eyed Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was standing frozen meters away from them watching them kissing, hugging, holding hands and talking to each other.

I couldn’t comprehend how no matter where I go, no matter how hard I try to be far away from him, he would be always there. Always where I am.

Someone’s hand took me out of my trance. I turned sharply around to see who it was and it was Seungwan and the others.

“Hey, Seulgi! Why did you disappear so suddenly? I thought we lost you for a moment.” She said smiling warmly at me. It took her several seconds to see that I wasn’t like myself. “Seulgi, what’s wrong?” Her eyes widened the moment she realized something is wrong.

I only motioned with my head to her where to look since I wasn’t in the state of mind to speak. Seungwan and the others turned to the direction I was showing them. Seungwan immediately understood what was wrong. I felt how she interlocked her fingers with mine soothing me a little. 

“Isn’t that Taeyong?” Yerim asked perplexed at the sight of him. “Didn’t he go to study in the States? Gosh I hate him so much!”

“Me too. Seriously, what is he doing here?” Sooyoung was too looking confused at him. “And who is the girl that it’s with him? Is she his girlfriend or something?”

“She is the girl I am living with.” I stated now looking back at him and the girl.

“What? This is her?” Seungwan half asked half shouted. Sooyoung and Yerim were looking at me waiting for an answer.

“I will tell you about it later.” Seungwan said to them, still rubbing my hand with her thumb soothingly. “Let’s go somewhere else.”

We walked no more than four steps until I heard him voice. A cold shiver went down my spine and my heart started beating fast.

“Seulgi is that you?”

We all turned around now facing him. The y girl was standing right next to him looking at me. I could tell she was confused.

“It is really you.” He smiled at me. Any other person would tell that this was a friendly smile but I knew him better. “Wow, fate is really something.” He laughed.

I felt sick from that laugh. I hate it. I hate him so much.

“Sooyoung. Yerim. Hello girls.” He turned to them. “I am surprised you got accept at that university. Having lots of money really open doors, huh?” He said mockingly at them.

Sooyoung was going to hit him if Yerim didn’t stop her by pulling her arm.

“It’s not worth it Sooyoung.” Yerim muttered.

“And who are you?” Taeyong asked turning to Seungwan ignoring the glares coming from the girls whith which he just talked.

“It doesn’t concern you, Taeyong, so stop it and leave us alone!” I shouted and pulled Seungwan behind me.

Everyone were now looking at me with widened eyes. I was surprised at the way I acted too.

He only laughed at my outburst.

“You are still the same, Seulgi.” He smirked. He came closer to me and bent down so his mouth was on the same level with my ear and whispered, making sure no one will hear. “You always act as you are strong but I know you Seulgi. I know you just how big of a coward you are.”

My roommate who was standing next to him the whole time, watching us quietly, finally broke the tensed atmosphere that was surrounding us.

“Come on, Taeyong. Leave them alone. Let’s go!” She told him as she pulled his arm. “Our classes will begin.”

I looked at her only to find that she was already looking at me strangely as she was pulling him to go.

“Okay, okay. We are going, Joohyun.” Taeyong turned and walked away with her.

“Wow, such an !” Yerim exclaimed. “But I have to admit it. His girlfriend is really pretty. By the way, I didn’t know you guys know each other.”

“What did he tell you?” Seungwan asked ignoring what Yerim said. “Seulgi, are you okay?”

I was shaking. Pictures of the past were flashing in front of my eyes. Past that I thought I have long forgotten. Past that I thought I have long overcome.

“I will skip today. I am going home.” I said and stormed out of the university.

“Seulgi!” I heard Sooyoung and Seungwan shouting after me but I didn’t stop because I knew that I was going to break down in front of them.

I didn’t want them to see me this weak.

The moment I entered my apartment I collapsed on the ground. The tears which I was holding, since the moment I saw him standing there, finally left my eyes as the pain in my chest increased with every second. It was getting harder and harder to breath. I didn’t realize when I have started to cry.

 It’s been a while since I had a break down.

Somewhere between all the cries I have fallen asleep.

I woke up still laying on the hard floor hugging my knees. My head hurt like hell. I checked my phone to see what time it was and my phone was full with missed calls and messages from Seungwan, Sooyoung and Yerim. I wasn’t in the mood to answer any of them so I just tossed it somewhere away from me.

I was sitting motionlessly on my sofa watching some boring movie but it was enough to distract me from all of the emotions I was feeling.

It was past 10pm when I heard the door being unlocked.

The girl, Joohyun, went straight into the kitchen.

I was waiting for her to ask me from where I know Taeyong, the reason we acted like this and some other stuff which if I was her I would be curious about.

To my not so big surprise, like every other day she didn’t even say one simple “hello”.

She warmed up some of the leftovers that were left from yesterday, ate, washed the dishes and headed towards her room.

‘’Aren’t you going to ask about today?” Before I could stop myself I said what I was thinking the whole time after she came back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter