Roommate

Soulmate (Sequel of The Blue Eyed Girl)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several days later

“Come on, Seulgi! Tell me something about yourself!” Yerim begged. “Please, please, please, please!”

“Leave her alone Yerim! Don’t you see you are annoying. ” Sooyoung shouted from the other part of the apartment.

“But Sooyoung…”

“No “buts”, Yerim! She is our guest and what have I told you about the way you should act around our guests?” She asked.

“To not invade their personal space and to keep my mouth shut because I bother them with my stupidity.” Yerim pouted.

“And what are you doing right now to Seulgi?”

“I am invading her personal space and since I am not keeping my mouth shut, I bother her with my stupidity.” She murmured as she was throwing now and then deathly glares at the room where Sooyoung was.

I am at Sooyoung and Yerim’s place right now. We are waiting for Wendy to come since she had some work to do.

Flashback

 

I woke up early, had breakfast and now I am staying at my hall with snacks in my lap, watching some cheesy drama, which name I don’t even know. My phone rang.

“Hello?” I picked my phone, not even looking at who was calling me.

“Seulgi, it’s me Sooyoung.” I, Seungwan, Yerim and Sooyoung exchanged numbers at the bus station before we all went to our new apartments. I didn’t expect them to call me so soon though.

“Yes? Is there something?” I asked. I am used to people calling me only when they want something from me.

“Well, not exactly, but I was wondering if you and Seungwan want to hang out today with me and Yeri?” She asked. This sounds like a great idea. My daily routine for the last few days has been waking up, taking a shower, eating, staying all day at home doing nothing, eating, taking a shower and going back to sleep. Since there are two more days until my lectures will begin there wasn’t anything in particular I could do except reading books, watching TV or playing video game and on top of that I don’t know anyone here, in Seoul. Seungwan went to her grandparents in the USA the day after we arrived here. Her grandpa got sick or something. She came back from there last night.

“Sounds nice. Should I call Seungwan to ask her?”

“No need. I already called her. She’s in.” Sooyoung replied.

“Oh, okay. Where will we meet?” I questioned. Sooyoung gave me the address of their apartment. She explained that her and Yerim never come on time so it will be better if I and Seungwan come to their place so that we won’t wait. It was fine for me. In the end it wasn’t them who were late but Seungwan.

End of flashback

 

So that’s why I am at their apartment being questioned about all kind of stuff. I am not annoyed. I can see that Yeri is asking from pure curiosity and to be honest it felt nice to see someone who is trying to get to know me besides Seungwan.

The doorbell rang. Yerim got up from the sofa where she was sitting with me and headed to the door. She opened it and it was Seungwan.

“Hey, Seungwan!” Yerim greeted her cheerfully. From where does she have so much energy?

“Hey, guys! I am sorry I am late.” She apologized. “Something came up out of nowhere.”

“No need to apologize, Seungwan. Seulgi came twenty minutes ago and I am still finishing my make up, so you will probably wait another ten to fifteen.” Sooyoung shouted again from the other room as we all sighed.

We decided to go to the mall since there would be many things to do.

The moment we entered the mall Sooyoung and Yerim literally ran to the first clothes shop they saw.  Seungwan followed them laughing at how childish and funny they are. I was walking little behind them. Shopping has never been my thing. I find it more tiring than relaxing.

The first thing I saw when I entered the shop was how Sooyoung was throwing clothes at Yerim so that she could try them while Seungwan was laughing her head off. I realized that I was unconsciously smiling.

After they finished with their “little” shopping we went to the cinema and bought tickets for “The Conjuring 2”. Since we had a lot of time before the beginning of the movie we decided to go to a café.

“What can I get for you?” One of the waitress at the café asked.

“One Frappuccino and one Iced latte.” Yerim said both her’s and Joy’s orders.

“For me Iced Tea” Seungwan ordered.

“And espresso for me.” I said. With that the waitress told us that our drinks will come soon and she left.

“Phew, today was fun!” Yerim exclaimed as we all nodded in agreement.

“Yes, I like talking to you guys. You’re cool.” Joy added. “We should go out more often.”

“I agree. I had so much fun.” Seungwan said.

“I am little surprised to be honest. I thought you guys are y and arrogant. I guess I was wrong.” I stated. Sooyoung and Yerim started laughing awkwardly at my words.

“Seulgi!” Seungwan exclaimed and she hit my shoulder.

“What? It’s true.” I replied. I don’t see the big deal of what I said. It’s what I thought.

“I am sorry guys. She doesn’t have a filter on . She always speaks her mind no matter if it’s something nice or rude.” She tried to explain to them.

“Don’t worry Seungwan. We prefer people who say what they think about us in our face rather than behind our backs. And she told us this was her first impression of us. I am glad she doesn’t think like this anymore. We have heard it from many people before, so really, don’t worry.” Yerim replied.

My phone rang. It was my mum. I got up from the table and went to the toilet so that it would be quiet.

“Hi, mum!” I greeted her. She is calling four times every day. I appreciate that.  I don’t miss them so much when I hear from them so often.

“Hey, sweetie! What are you doing?” She asked me.

“I am out with some friends. You?” I heard her gasping. “Mum?”

“You have found new friends?” She asked almost as she was not believing me. I face palmed myself hard. Like, really hard.

“Yes, mum. Why is it so hard to believe it?” I questioned. Why was it such a surprise for her?

“It’s just that you have never talked about other friends beside Seungwan. I am happy you found new friends.” She sounded happy. I felt bad for her. I was never a kid who would bring friends at home nor talk about them. It’s not like I had many friends back then but still… I wonder how she was feeling all this time seeing her only daughter staying at home all day. Now I know why she was so happy when I told her I was going out with Seungwan for the first time. “Who are these kids?”

“Sooyoung and Yerim. They were in my school. We were in different classes. We met each other on the bus and here we are.” I explained to her.

“Okay, I won’t hold you up. Have a nice time, sweetie.” She bid me goodbye and she hang up not before she told me she loves me.

I went back to the table where the others are. They were talking about their schedules wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter