Prologue

Are you human too?

 

Long ago, people resided in small villages and huts which scattered themselves across the world. Adapting to nature but fighting for survival, granting it may resort to killing one another. Occasionally, a special child would be born into these clans. The children showed strange behavior, often drawn to nature and animals; opposed to other children who preferred to play in the village. 

 

Those born into nature oriented clans were cherished and honored for their unusual connection to the Earth which the clan had treasured greatly. As to those born into more violent and strong clans were killed or exiled from their home on account of their weakness. The abandoned fought for their survival and those who succeeded often developed more animalistic behavior and lost many human qualities. 

 

After thousands of years these humans changed. Although the human body remained the same, ears and tails sprouted from their heads and behinds. Similar happenings were also observed in the villages who appreciated nature. These humans were slowly evolving to become closer to their animal counterparts. Those who lived in the wild were labeled ‘untamed’ and were feared by villagers. The latter were highly valued and respected as spiritual figures. 

 

As time passed, all hybrids became highly valued, richer than gold. Those who could ‘tame’ a hybrid rapidly earned fame and wealth as this was was a highly sought after skill. As a result of their physical value, hybrids were a common target for human trafficking and poaching. Some were even sold to royalty as servants. These humans were mistreated and abused for years until one day there were none to be found. Over time the world forgot about these humans. 

 

Hybrids are commonly appear in artifacts. Although these artifacts have reappeared many times in history’s timeline, no evidence had shown that they truly existed. Historians were flunked and rendered it a common fantasy amongst various cultures. Purely a coincidence. However, a few historians continued the search for these seemingly mystical people; unable to believe the stories and myths were purely coincidental.

 

A young man was reported to be found and taken by the American government. He was resting by a pack of wolves, who didn’t seem to mind his presence. However, this boy was different. He had the ears and tail of these wolves and was unable to understand nor speak a human language. The boy was said to be experimented on but nothing else was released afterwards. No one knew his name. No one ever will. The search had begun once again. 

 
 
 
 
 
421 words