SEVENTH MEETING pt.2

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan gave out a big sigh of he relief when he exited out the apartment. Mingyu was still there, thickly covered and ready to leave. He was sitting at a bench placed beside the door and it seemed like he just finished tying up his shoes and was about to go but was caught up with something.

 

He was looking down at his phone, pale lips set in a thin line as his tired eyes scanned over his screen. Whatever he was reading probably was no good news and the thought made Jeonghan’s heart fill with concern and guilt. Mingyu flew miles just to see him. He was probably getting scolded now by his coaches and everyone that has been disturbed with his absence. And what did Jeonghan do? Treated him with such failed hospitality and faced him with such a dishonest heart that threw them back many steps from where they were previously at.

 

He was contemplating on how to approach him when door opened wider and something skittered between his legs. Across him, Mingyu jolted in his seat because of the noise, eyes going straight to the intruder and then immediately up towards Jeonghan’s face. A flush appeared over his cheeks like he was embarrassed that someone was watching him.

 

He looked like he was about to say something but the intruder was bumping her nose on his legs now, demanding attention. Mingyu looked down at her, a soft smile painting his lips as he burrowed a hand into the fur behind her ear. Wonwoo’s corgi, was jumping up and down excitedly and when Mingyu her, she immediately calmed down, settling her little head on the top of Mingyu’s feet.

 

It was such a pleasant sight, seeing Mingyu smile like that Jeonghan’s heart turned upside down. Because it just registered to him that if he didn’t go after him, if Mingyu disappeared before he even reached him, then maybe he wouldn’t have the chance to see him again anymore. Wouldn’t have the chance to see his rare smiles again. He would just be like everyone else, peering through his phone to see pictures and updates of him as he go on with his life. But this time, he would be looking at them not with anticipation and giddiness--he would be filled with regret, the thought that he just turned him down would forever haunt him.

 

He wanted it so much, wanted him so much. But it was him. It was him who said no.

 

Suddenly, a cold touch lightly on his cheek, and he looked up from his reverie up to sight of Mingyu. The other’s eyes shined of confusion, and his eyebrows arched like he was worried.

 

“Are you crying?”

 

Jeonghan hiccupped, getting surprised at the question. “No!” he wailed, offended-- the crack in his voice and the tears travelling down his face telling the opposite. “I’m not crying,” he said nonetheless. “Are you?”

 

Mingyu looked like he didn’t know what to do while Jeonghan’s tears kept on going down. He too didn’t know what he was happening to him. He wasn’t meant to cry. Yoon Jeonghan does not cry …

 

So he turned around, immediately using the sleeves of his hoodie to wipe on his face. He was so embarrassing. He didn’t know what got to him. He wanted to hide himself, but Mingyu appeared again in front of him, hands reaching towards his own to gently remove them from his face.

 

"Jeonghan, please tell me what’s happening. Why are you crying?"

 

"Uhm. Nothing’s happening," he tried to explain. “I just got something in my - hiccup – eye.”

 

Mingyu pursed his lips but instead of saying anything he just gathered Jeonghan towards his chest, hands reaching up around him to his back gently while he rocked him from side to side.

 

“You’re getting brave with your assumptions, Kim Mingyu. No one is crying,” he asserted but he was sure he knew he was not convincing.

 

“Okay,” he said gently but the hold on him just got tighter.

 

Jeonghan gave out a little scoff. This is why he does not cry. He’s ugly when he does and he can’t stop himself even when he wants too. And now he’s heaving against Mingyu’s chest, and it’s hard to explain why. And Mingyu must think now that he’s weird and pathetic and cries out of nothing.

 

“Was it something I did?”

 

Jeonghan shook his head immediately.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?”

 

He remained quiet and Mingyu must have treated his silence as a yes because he placed a hand on his cheek, tilting his head so they can see eye to eye.

 

“Would you like to go in first? It’s cold out here.”

 

"No!” Jeonghan cried and Mingyu stilled because of the intensity by which he said that. “Seungkwan’s in there. He would tease me if he saw me like this,” Jeonghan tried to explain. 

 

He took a shaky breath, pulling away from Mingyu to sit on the bench. Wonwoo’s corgi sat beside it, whining piteously due to lack of attention. He reached out his arms towards her, can’t help but smile when the puppy bounced cutely towards his chest. He gathered her in his arms, her as she calmed down from squirming on his lap. She was quite heavy but she was warm. And it made Jeonghan cheer up a little bit.

 

He looked towards Mingyu, eyes peering fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter