SEVENTH MEETING

Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BooKIMBAP: You know what

 

BooKIMBAP:  U

 

Jeonghan snickered, putting his phone away as he skipped down hurriedly away from where they were previously scrumping on street food. He was with Seungkwan, Vernon, and Wonwoo earlier. But Wonwoo suddenly had some errands to do which then gave Jeonghan an opportunity to be a good friend and give Seungkwan a chance to be alone with his ultimate crush.

 

Seeing the both of them interacting has been Jeonghan’s current source of entertainment even if half of the time he always finds himself face-palming because of second-hand embarrassment. It was fun seeing Seungkwan attempt put his best foot forward in front of Vernon and Jeonghan was excited to see what kind of relationship they will develop during the course of this trip.

 

Now, he was walking alone down a crowded walkway at the heart of Dotonbori. They’ve just arrived but Seungkwan insisted they just go take a night stroll before the jetlag caught up to them. Seungkwan’s cousin, Wonwoo has been the most welcoming, offering to tour them around the area after they left their bags in his apartment and met his dog. Jeonghan wasn’t particularly fond of pets but he decided that Wonwoo’s corgi is the cutest.

 

He stopped at a small stationary store lined with neon lights at the side, peering over the various trinkets lined up at the shelves. He cooed over the cute little dolls, grabbing a bunch of them and putting it in a small shopping basket. He grabbed some more stickers and colored pens and then went to the counter, stopping in his tracks when his gaze fell on the wall behind the man in the counter.

 

"Really?” he muttered to himself in disbelief.

 

The wall was covered with posters. More than half of them plastered with the face of the man he was least excited to see.

 

He knew Kim Mingyu’s also famous in Japan but not like this. Not at the level where he would find himself being stared at about 50 two dimensional versions of his stupidly cute face.

 

He dropped the contents of his basket on the counter with more force than he intended to. Kim Mingyu hasn’t contacted him yet and let’s just say he was not on his good side right now.

 

He sighed, grabbing himself cheap hair dyes stacked at the side. Maybe he's just that unforgettable.

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan sat down on one of the benches, stretching his feet and feeling like crap. The tiredness was starting to seep into him and he leaned his head onto his arm which was propped on the ledge of his seat, watching the flow of people in front of him. It’s almost midnight but the place was still bright and alive. 

 

There was something about the lights and the people and noise around of him that he just loves and so he took out his phone, wanting to capture the moment.

 

Before he can open up his phone however, he was taken aback by a bunch of missed calls on his phone.

 

Tennis Boy <3

 

He frowned, heart starting to hammer inside his chest. He had no time to contemplate whether to call back or not when another notification of an incoming call appeared on his screen. He gulped, fixing his position before pressing it and accepting the call.

 

His ears were immediately rewarded with a deep voice from the other side as the other called out his name. There was something about his tone. Like he was relieved Jeonghan answered his call and didn’t decline it.

 

“Hmm?” he hummed, surprised at how his voice came out melancholic. He was strangely calm about this. Maybe it’s the beautiful lights around him. It always has the effect of making him sentimental.

 

“Where are you?” He heard shuffling at the other side and fluctuations in his tone indicated of motion—like he was walking somewhere.

 

“Why?”

 

“Please let me see you.”

 

“I don’t want to…” he answered bluntly. He can’t understand himself. He was so eager for Mingyu to contact him but now that he did, he wanted nothing but to put the conversation off for another time. He figured he just wanted to know if Mingyu would care about him enough to call and ask if he was okay. That he was not put off by the multitude of unfounded rumors and just drop him hanging in the air without any notice because he was embarrassed of being associated with him.

 

There was silence in the other end of the line and Jeonghan almost regretted his protest.

 

“Jeonghan, I’m so sorry. I was cooped up in practice and they didn’t tell me. I didn’t know. I just found out earlier and I was trying to reach you in your number but it was out of reach. So I tried--“

 

“Yeah, yeah. I know. I’m okay. It’s cool,” he digressed. Of course, what Mingyu said already crossed his mind. Like, he knew it was already a given that Mingyu was busy and he didn’t rule out the possibility that he wasn’t even aware of it. But still, the damage is done and he can’t control his feelings.


There was a pause again in the other end of the line before the other implored again with a sincere tone. “Can I see you then?”

 

“What for, now?”

 

“I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

 

“I just said I was. Don’t you believe me?” he said, enunciating the words with more certainty.

 

“Jeonghan…” Mingyu sighed. “My management. They’re planning to release a statement. Would you be okay with it? Can we talk about it?”

 

“Is it necessary?” he said almost immediately. He did not really know why they have to disclose something to the public. Mingyu was much more famous than him but Jeonghan is still also a public personality and he’s dealt with issues before wherein he needed to speak up--usually when his opinion was necessary or if he knew he was wrong and needed to apologize.

 

But this was not it. This shouldn’t even be an issue in the first place. It’s not like they owe anyone any explanation. When they last met, they haven’t really talked about their status. It was just a date, and they haven’t even discussed any future plans yet. He does not want to rush towards some decision just to satisfy the public.

 

“For you sake, Jeonghan. It was unfair for you. To be a target of that kind of hate.”

.

“Don’t you think its kind of too late now?”

 

“Yes. I know. And I’m sorry, Jeonghan. Really.” his tone bled of sincerity and Jeonghan decided to tone down his sassy level a little.

 

“Don’t be. It’s not your fault. I wasn’t the only one getting hate. You too…”

 

“I take it then, you don’t want to disclose anything to the public.”

 

“No, no. It’s not that.” He backtracked. “What did your management say? Surely they want to do some damage control. If you want to salvage your reputation, that is…”

 

“Jeonghan, my reputation is the last thing on my mind right now. Please, please. Let us meet right now. I think this conversation is better done in person.”

 

“I can’t…”

 

“I’m going there. Text me where you are right now.” He heard the sound of engine being started in the background and Jeonghan wasn’t sure if he would be flattered or annoyed by Mingyu’s persistence.

 

“What’s wrong with having conversation through the phone?”

 

“Jeonghan…” there was a hint of exhaustion on his tone and Jeonghan frowned. He knew the other was already finding him difficult to deal with so he relented, finally revealing where he was.

 

“Ok. Fine. Come to Japan then.”

 

“You’re in Japan?” his tone hinted of a mix of surprise and disappointment.

 

Jeonghan nodded before he realized Mingyu can’t even see him. “Yes so stay put. And get off your car. But going back to the subject. Yes, you can release a statement. Whatever. I don’t care what it is…”

 

“Until when are you there?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ll go,” he declared and Jeonghan snorted not taking him seriously.

 

“What’s the address of the place you’re staying at?”

 

“I swear to god if you fly here, you wouldn’t even find me. I’ll hide from you,” he warned.

 

There was a long pause and Jeonghan wondered what the hell was Mingyu planning.

 

“That’s okay. Your friend,  Seungkwan. He just replied to my message. Expect me tomorrow there in Osaka.”

 

“Urghhh…Fine then. It’s not my money you’re wasting.”

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Jeonghan found himself staring with bleary eyes at Kim Mingyu, standing outside Wonwoo’s apartment at such unreasonable hour in the morning.

 

“Why the are you so early? Ugh. I'm too sleepy to deal with you,” he moaned, giving him a little glare before closing the door again on his face.

 

“Who’s that?” Seungkwan, who also seemed to be woken up by the knocks, inquired behind him.

 

“Kim Mingyu,” he yawned out, flopping himself on the couch and closing his eyes again.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter