Chapter VI

Her Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

The man approaches, taking a few gentle steps ahead as Taeyeon watches me with a worried expression plastered on her face. I'm assuming that he is her fiance. Without any doubt, his attitude is not as I expected it to be. I mean, who am I kidding? He is also a rich and a superior human being by just judging on the choice of his current attire and his diamond visible, worn Rolex on his left wrist. My eyes never leaving his face as I watch him scrunch his nose and gave me a stern glare.

"This is Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong." Taeyeon decided to speak up behind him, making him glance at her for a second and decided turn around to face me again. 

"Ah... I see. Jiyong, is it?" He commented briefly as his eyes travel from my face directly down to my feet. Putting his hands in his pant's pocket, I stayed sunken in my spot, not wanting to move a single muscle or even blurt out a single word just yet. His stares are piercing through my eyes as it gives me the creeps. From now, my thoughts are betraying my mind as it develops conspiracies about this man in front of me. 

What is it about him that gives me the cold vibes? Maybe because I haven't seen an actual man with a fancy suit in front of my eyes for a very long time. Or maybe, it's the worried expression glued to Taeyeon's face for a good five minutes as she watches her fiance being cold to me? Either one of these reasons or this fiance of hers is just being a complete creep. 

 

"I've never seen this man before in this house, Taeyeon-ah." He pointed out and Taeyeon struggles to keep her cool as I watch her high heels move on the marble floor—making the sounds of it echo clamorously through her bedroom.

"Let me introduce myself... I'm Jiyong." I greeted with confidence as I gave him a quick bow. "I'm Taeyeon-shi's new, personal butler."

Baekhyun smirked. "I see." He answered with an obvious sharp tone in his voice. "How old are you?"

"I'm... 24, sir." I simply answered, keeping a steady eye-contact with him as he returns his stare back to me as well.

"Oh, okay." He replied. "How long have you been working for her?"

"Almost a week." I briefly replied and he nodded as he took a deep breath.

"...You must be Taeyeon-shi's soon-to-be husband, sir," I claimed with a gentle tone of voice, hiding the obvious jealousy beneath my throat as I clear it in silence; hoping he didn't sense my awkwardness being absorbed quickly by this room. 

 

Suho warned me to keep my choice of words, my tone of voice, and my pasture straight and never to slouch; only because Taeyeon wants her butlers to be as gentleman-like as possible. He claimed that Taeyeon could sense even the tiniest suspicion coming from the tip of your tongue, the tip of your fingers, and lastly, through the tip of your toes. Her butler has to be as close as perfect, he noted. I remembered gulping in fear as he warns me to try not to mess up a single job and a single word because his little sister is beyond the shadow; sensitive and delicate as a Sakura flower petal. So, if I could be a gentleman in front of her, I could also continue to become a gentleman to everyone she is close or mutual with—doesn't matter if the person is her best friend, her ex, or even her own fiance.


It is my duty, to begin with.

 

Taeyeon's fiance took off his sunglasses in a swift as he revealed his face without stalling. I gave him a long and a weirdly stare as I began to observe his face carefully. He looks really familiar—but, I could not point out when or where have we exactly met. Why do I feel like I have seen this man before? I am sure that I'm not dreaming or some sort. I shrugged out of my thoughts immediately as soon as he rose one of his eyebrows questioningly at my doubtful face.

"Yes, my name is Baekhyun." He replies, folding back his sunglasses as he held them tightly in his grip. "We will be married by next summer... right, babe?" 

Baekhyun. No, I have never heard of this name before. Maybe it's just my brain messing around with me or I was clearly misunderstood. Yeah, maybe that was it.  And also— 'excuse me? They're getting married by next summer?' I thought to myself silently as I tried my best not to reveal a look of shock or upset towards him or Taeyeon. 

 

He grabbed Taeyeon by his side and began to wrap his right arm around her small body. He gave Taeyeon a sweet smile and Taeyeon responded him back with a small peck on his lips. I watched in disgust at the engaged couple in front of me. The short peck on the lips and the tight hugging were completely unnecessary because it's like they're punching me the same information that I already was in witness of over and over again. I don't understand what kind of benefit would he achieve on displaying his intentional affection towards her directly—right in front of me? It is revolting to watch. 

 

Baekhyun then broke the repulsive hug between him and Taeyeon as he took off his black coat and black tie. Giving me an unwanted smirk, he tosses both of them to me as I quickly catch them without hesitation. 

"Put both of these away on the hat stand for me." He ordered and I scoffed at his attitude in silence. I nodded and bowed at him and Taeyeon without any questions. I quickly made my way outside of the bedroom to find a hat stand by the entrance of the house.

Taking a short glance at the hat stand I spotted a minute ago, I held the tie and the coat up high on the stand and hung them there neatly. I sighed as I turned around to look at the stairs—proceeding to make my way to it with deep breaths and up on the third floor of the mansion. As soon as I reached the door, I realized that I had completely forgotten to shut it. 

The door was almost a quarter opened. I took a deep breath and pushed the door a little bit further to make it open wider. I gasped at the unexpected sight in front of me.

 

There lies on the bed, Taeyeon and Baekhyun making out like there is no tomorrow uncontrollably; him being on top of her while she is under him with all of her consent. I could hear the obnoxious sounds of them smooching and her soft, little moans as he left her lips to travel his way down to her neck, leaving small butterfly kisses as she giggled at his touch.

My head became dizzy and my mouth felt shaky; as if it's going to release a revolting puke. Without any second thoughts, I ran to the nearest bathroom—trying to let out the puke as much as I could by forcefully hitting my chest. Ironically enough, nothing came out of my mouth as I coughed in force. I gripped the toilet bowl firmly as I could feel the emotional tension building up in my chest. 


This much pain inside of me... what exactly is this feeling? Is 'frustrated' the word? Or is it 'jealousy'? Whatever it is, it simply does not help me with my anxiety. I kept my silence as I got up to wash my face, staring at the mirror right in front of me. I closed my eyes—my thoughts and mind had begun drifting away from the real-life situation. I took a long, deep breath and opened my eyes—coming back to reality as soon as I saw my face in the mirror again. I wiped it with a nearby blanket and quickly opened the door and shut it behind me, glancing at Taeyeon's now shut bedroom door right across the marble-floored corridor. 


Who am I kidding? Kim Taeyeon is engaged to him. I should really try to put an end to these feelings I have for the harsh but beautiful, Ms. Taeyeon-shi.


Avoiding her bedroom door as much as possible, I proceeded to travel downstairs to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the Kims'. Chef Hwan took a small vacation for a week due to his wife being extremely ill. I couldn't help but feel really bad for him. So, in the meantime, I'm here to replace him. Cooking is something I truly enjoy, anyway.

 

As soon as I reached the kitchen, I stopped my tracks as I crossed my arms on my chest. 'What shall I cook today?' I pondered to myself questioningly. I opened the top shelves and the top counters to see what kind of ingredient is available to cook at the moment. The ingredients had been refilled by one of the house's maids and I grinned at all of the selection, feeling my anxiety fade almost immediately as I took a long stare at a number of ingredients on display. 

"How about... White sauce casserole chicken and..." I told myself. "Persian Chicken meatballs—and also... maybe some noodles. Yeah, custom Chinese noodles it is. At least Taeyeon and her family will have a variety of dishes to choose from." I said to myself and grinned. 

 

I grabbed the ingredients to prepare all of the three dishes one by one. I set them all out on the counters and smiled in sati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter