Chapter V

Her Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Taeyeon's POV

 


I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the whole situation with Jiyong being in my room and him being my very own personal butler. I held up my hand to my head and massaged my temples even more. I simply cannot believe he is in my room at this moment. He was such a flirtatious, low-class human being since the day that I met him and just by the thoughts of it is giving me a rapid, massive headache. If he is working for me, that obviously means that he had no job or maybe had lost his job or whatsoever before all this—and that put my thoughts and my whole entire being out of my edge.

 

I out for a second, nearly collapsing on my bed and landing on one of my pillows. I felt the dizzy adrenaline rush through my temples as soon as Jiyong swiftly held me up in his hands. Realizing what he is doing right now, I shrugged out of his hug immediately and collapsed harshly on my bed, leaving me to scream for a few seconds and a loud groan coming out of my lips. 

"Oh God, don't touch me!" I yelled at him as he took a long stare in shock at me.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon-shi?" He asked me with a concerning tone of voice, making me cringe at the thoughts of his body being too close to my legs as I scoffed at him.

"Yes, I am! You don't have to hold me like that, you know!" I shrieked which made him sigh exasperatingly. He has absolutely no rights whatsoever on irritatingly responding to me like that—sighing to me like he is suddenly in control of me when he recently just became my butler. This job of his is beyond ridiculous. Isn't he embarrassed with himself right now? He is a butler of mine and is simply under my command. Not the other way around for goodness sake.

"You seem to be massaging your temples a lot." He spoke up after a 30-second silence even though my head was in a war zone. I continue to stare at the ceiling as I completely ignore his presence in front of me. "I will bring you some pain killer medicines. I'll be right back." 


Jiyong quickly went outside of my room and shut the door behind him in a gentle manner. I took a quick glance at the door and sighed in annoyance. What has life become for me lately? What more did I do to deserve such... person as my butler?

 

It's not like I could just reject him because we all know what my mother's motives are; she just wants what is 'best' for me as she always says whenever there is a small conflict between me and her previously. She is in control of this house way more than my father is and honestly, until today, I simply do not understand why he keeps her in charge that often in his life. It all does not make sense to me.

 

I guess love does unexpected things during the dumbest times in life. Sorry, appa.

 

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. Sighing in the process, I got up off my bed and sat on the sides of it elegantly. Clearing my throat and putting my hands on my lap, I stayed silent for a few seconds.

"Come in," I exclaimed and Butler Ian entered my room, bowing to me as he made me smile widely in the process. I watched him lay my bags down on the floor in my walk-in closet in a gentle manner. 

 

"I thought I would put your bags down a little later since you were not pleased with the news about Jiyong. I decided to give you some space, My Lady." He explained to me as soon as he put the luggage down, making me nod in response.

"Thank you, Ian." 

He bowed to me one last time without a word as he turned his back on me to make his way to my bedroom door. "Ian," I called out to him, making him stop his tracks as he turned his body around to face me in a gentleman-like manner.

"Yes, My Lady?" Ian asked questioningly.

"Are you still going to be my butler?" I asked him with pleading so visible in my tone of voice and pouted, feeling the emotional feeling rush through my head as I could feel my eyes being in the process of a waterworks' development. Ian gave me a small chuckle and smiled at me in the process.

 

 

Butler Ian is like a second father to me. He took care of me extremely well ever since I was just an infant around 20 years ago, making sure that I was the happiest little girl in the household and always made sure that I was never in the mood of sadness and in a cold environment. My mother never really did change my diapers or even played with me. The only thing she would actually do is to feed me and that was the closest I could get to be in her arms. She was constantly busy due to her businesses along with my father and Butler Ian was always and still is a huge contribution to my family. Him existing in my life was no doubt, a blessing. The thoughts of him leaving made me feel utterly upset. 

"Not anymore, Taeyeon-shi." He confessed as he fixed the napkin on his arm neatly. My eyes were starting to become more watery than ever and next thing I know, I was crying silently on my bed with Butler Ian right next to me, witnessing every single tear dropping from eyes as it travels its way down to my cheeks.

I got up off my bed and proceeded to immediately give him a tight hug. "Thank you for everything, Ian. You were and always will be, like a father that I never had." I thanked him with my tears being soaked on his shoulder—his uniform becoming a little affected by my crying as he proceeded to hug me back and patted my back softly. 

 

"There, there My Lady," Ian my hair with his right hand and broke the hug, putting both of his hands on my shoulder as he took a long stare at my eyes. I wiped the tears out of my eyes and gave him a sad smile. "...there is no need to cry. Maybe someday I will come and visit you. I'm sure your parents won't mind." He said comfortingly and I nodded in response, wanting to drag him back into my life and replace that good-for-nothing Jiyong. Knowing my whole situation, I sighed in defeat.

"Okay." I simply responded and he gave me a grin, patting my head like I was a little girl that he had taken care of many, many years ago. 

 

"You grew up so fast. I still remember the small, cute Taeyeon that I took care of years ago." He pointed out and that doubtlessly made me laugh at his remark. Maybe I really did grow up. "...It was a pleasure being your butler for all these years, My Lady. I will see you sometime soon." He says as he bows 90 degrees in front of me, putting his right hand on his chest and gave me a farewell smile. I responded him with a thumbs up and waved goodbye. Ian then proceeded to turn the doorknob and left me alone in my room, feeling upset more than ever at almost everything that had happened in my life lately.

Just then, I heard a light conversation between two men outside of my bedroom and suddenly another knock on my door. Yelling 'come in!' with an annoyed tone of voice, I looked over to my side to take a short glance on who it is—only to make a direct eye contact with none other than my new butler, Kwon Jiyong. He gave me a bow and proceeded to walk towards me without hesitation.


I sighed, hearing every one of his footsteps coming closer and closer to me as I watch him hold a tray in his rough-textured hands. He took the chance to sit on the side of my bed right next to him and I scorned at his presence being a little too close. This kind of closeness between him and I really need to stop.

"Yah!" I exclaimed in dubiety as he poured water into a cup with the exquisite, glass jug on the tray he brought with him earlier. "Why do you think it's always okay to catch the chance on being so close to me?"

Jiyong gave me a "shhhh" as he continued to pour water into the glass cup. I scoffed at his forward indication and behavior towards me and batted my eyelashes in disbelief. Is he serious? What gives him the right to shut me up? This guy really nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter