Chapter IV

Her Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV 

 

Being awoken by the sounds of my alarm ticking, I stretched both my arms high up above my head and yawned ever so tiringly. Hitting the 'turn off' button on the alarm clock by the side table, I turned my head to take a long glance at the glass balcony door. Shaking my head afterward, I got out of my bed and proceeded to wear the white and fluffy home slippers that the hotel had provided for me—rubbing my eyes at the same time as I forcefully moved my body towards the balcony doors in my hotel room.

 

I entered the beautifully decorated balcony with slow but observant movements and placed my hands on the shiny, gold railings in silence—mesmerizing the ravishing city of lights beyond my eyesight while plastering a wide satisfaction smile right across my face. Suddenly feeling an upcoming cheerful vibe rushing through my spine, I sighed in pleasure and closed my eyes to listen to the wind gushing so majestically right above the night sky.

There's a numerous amount of advantages being on the highest floor in a hotel or a particularly high structure. All of those traffic and flashy lights right below you would seem to not exist from all the way up here. This is honestly just the way I like it—peace and isolation without any disturbance and interference in my life for a day or two while I enjoy the view from up above.

 

I usually would enjoy the company of being surrounded by everyone, but, today is not the day for that. Why may you ask? I had a long day today―from attending a Beyoncé concert to having a long shopping spree with my friends during the evening, who honestly wouldn't be exhausted? The time currently is 9:48 p.m and I am no doubt still fatigued from screaming my lungs out at Queen B. Spending the rest of my evening shopping didn't help my legs in any way either.

Being shaken out of my thoughts immediately by the sounds of my phone ringing, I flinched from my spot and held up my right hand to my chest. Chuckling at my silly fright, I hurried to my phone and picked it up on one swift without looking at the name of the caller. "Yebeoseyo?" I answered in a silly manner and took a seat on the nearest sofa by my bed formally. 

"TaeTae!" Screamed the person from the other line and I rolled my eyes at her calling my nickname annoyingly. "Wanna go shopping again?" 

 

I gasped at her request on wanting to go shopping once again for today and shook my head disapprovingly. We went shopping just about three hours ago right before my lovely nap and my exhaustion is still visible due to the deep, dark circles under my eyes. 

"Yah. Tiffany! We just went like literally a couple of hours ago. Aren't you tired?" I complained, rubbing my temples with my right hand while the other is holding up my phone to my ear.

"Aw, come on Taeyeon-ah! We all know that one person who shops more than anyone else in this entire world." She teased, her facial expression is well-imagined right through my screen and in my ear. 

I without knowingly chuckled at her fact about me wanting to shop at a constant rate every day. Hearing her bothersome teasing at the other end of the line is no doubt messing with my emotions on whether to really get up and get dressed or just stay put in my hotel room and nap all day. She is starting to plead me through my screen and I could imagine those really, overused puppy eyes on her face right this instant. Knowing her so well, she would not give up that easily on getting what she wanted.

 

I groaned, sighing in defeat at her clingy-self while dropping my shoulders against the sofa in an irritating position. "Fine. Meet me in Dubai Mall in exactly 45 minutes or I'm going to be unfriending a particular pink-lover gal on Facebook." I joked, imagining her worn out pout and laughed at her for a good ten seconds—only to be hung up by her almost immediately.


Oh—and did I mention that I'm in the city of the lavish, Dubai?

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 


Tiffany and I walked around the mall for about an hour already—her enormous shopping bags dangling around her arms like bells being hanged on the tree on a Christmas morning in less than an hour is simply astonishing to me. The only bag I'm carrying currently is by M.A.C Cosmetics because I am running out of concealers at the moment. 

"Don't you think you're being the most boring person on earth right now?" She spoke up, asking me the question that almost everyone would ask me at least twice a day. Rolling my eyes at her remark, I batted my fake eyelashes at her and gave her my all-time, overused smile. 

"And what exactly do you mean by that?" I replied, sipping my Caramel Latte sassily and pretended to be delusional at her obvious question.

She slowed down her pace, turning her head around to face me while raising an eyebrow with an 'are-you-serious' look plastering on her face. "Look at the things you bought! Are you enjoying life right now or not?" 

My eyebrows scrunched together. "Maybe I barely bought anything but that's only because I bought almost everything I wanted to try in Dubai a couple of hours ago," I explained. "Besides, I'm still jet-lagged from yesterday's arrival. You need to learn how to give people breaks, Tiff."

 

She looked at me with pity in her eyes and gave me a nod while mouthing me a soft-spoken apology. Face-palming herself only because she had forgotten about our shopping trip at another mall today, I shrugged my shoulders and grinned at her delightedly to accept her apology. "...but, honestly, I want to try to add a new bag to my collection." I continued.

 

Tiffany's eyes glistened with joy, giving me a satisfied smile and a huge thumbs up with her right thumb—only to be returned with my loud and obnoxious laugh at her childishness. "How about Louis Vuitton?" She asks in her good mood tone and I nodded, dragging her hand without hesitation through the mall to find my most visited and favorite high-end store right here in Dubai.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I took a good stare at one of the most beautiful bags I had ever laid my eyes on in a while. Fastening my pace towards it, I stopped immediately and gasped at the bag.

"Do you think Baekhyun would love this on me?" I asked Tiffany dreamily, holding up a summer, limited edition, and pearly white Louis Vuitton purse in my left hand while posing like an experienced model with it in front of her sight. 

The bag consisted hundreds of sumptuous pearls sticking on its sides and possesses a strong, floral smell on its leather. Its rich, lavish texture and its unusual ivory color were simply calling out for me because of its luxuriousness and uniqueness. The soft, leathery texture gave me a nostalgic memory of my very first LV bag from about four years ago and I knew from this moment that I had to own this model in a swift—adding it to my Louis Vuitton collection on my handbags shelf once I'm back in Korea. 

 

Tiffany smiled and chuckled at my innocent question. "Honestly Taeyeon-ah, Baekhyun loves everything that you wear. I've seen his long stares at you and it was too obvious to not notice. It's such a shame that he's not here though." She remarked about my fiancé and I grinned at her statement with joy wanting to burst out of my heart like fireworks being lit on an Independence Day. 


Byun Baekhyun. 

His full name could still send me over the edge with cold shivers running down my spine. The man of my dreams—the man that I gave everything to since the day my heart was immediately attracted to him and his confidential-self. Every last bit of his body and soul is what I cherish the most in my life. I owe him for everything that he had done for me in the past. I had indeed chosen the right man to be involved with my life. He simply makes my whole entire being filled with nothing but joy each time I spend bits of puzzle pieces of my life with him. Sometimes we argue but that's only normal and typical like every other relationship o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter