Chapter III

Her Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I paced through a crowd of people in which I bumped into a couple of times by accident as I kept pushing my way through everyone. Muttering a silent apology to them, I put my head down to camouflage in the crowd so no one would see my dreadful look that had been plastered on my face ever since I left the house an hour ago. I kept walking for an hour nonstop, having in mind in clear sentences that I had no idea where I was going and what exactly to do next. I instantly stopped my pacing when I spotted a brown bench by a familiar park, frowning as I made my way towards it and sat down in silence. I sighed heavily as I took a long glimpse at the dark, cloudy sky above me.

Aish, even the sky is about to cry before me.


Everything around me had became black and white... or that’s what I thought it looked like. I put my hands on my face to rub it gently, bringing them along to my forehead afterwards to massage my temples as the feeling of a massive, unexpected headache had strike me too hard horrendously. I suddenly felt nauseous and the feeling of exhaustion is clearly visible due to my current headache that I’m having right now.


Just then, rain had started pouring above mine’s and everyone’s heads as a deafening thunder came along as well, leaving a loud ‘boom’ at the other side of the small, rural city that I currently live in. Well, not anymore at least. I’ve technically been disowned by my good-for-nothing sister and along with my mom, leaving me here alone as a homeless adult whom had wrecked his bike and lost his job on the same day. I still have to pay for the wreckage though. Last time I checked, I had just enough money to pay for the bike which I will do so in 3 weeks time, hopefully.


Life had been too tragic for me, hasn’t it?

 

I remained seated on the bench as I put my hoodie on—not giving a single care about being soaked under the rain while dealing with the painful headache being unwanted in the mixture of my situation. I closed my eyes as I tried my best to enjoy the atmospheric rain that’s contemporary pouring above me, making a loud splash each time a droplet had landed on the ground majestically. 

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. As curious as I was, I looked at the name of the caller.


“Suho” I read the name, sighing shortly before I answered the call with a tone that I’ve been trying to use to let Suho know that I’m completely alright about being alone at this second. It’s just that I’m too exhausted to bother him with my problems again. It makes me feel so guilty and that’s always not a good sign since I know Suho is always the type of person whom always helped me through everything. But still, never once in my life had I took advantage of him.

“...yeoboseyo?” I answered his call, hearing him chuckle lightly at the other end of the line—making me raise my eyebrow in irritation because legitimately, nothing is amusing right now. I don’t see where the humor is currently at in this conversation.

“I can feel your irritation, Jiyong-ah.” He said and I rolled my eyes in response. “Look to your left.”

 

I listened to his orders skeptically, turning my head towards the direction he told me to look at and raised my eyebrow at what I’m looking at right now. 

What a coincidence. 


My eyes had stopped its tracks when it spotted Suho at the very corner of a bush, holding a maroon umbrella as he kicked a pebble on his track. He waved his hand at me and made his way towards this bench that I’m sitting on, his smile dropping as soon as he glimpses at my gloomy frown and completely soaked being in his sight.


“Yah! Aren’t you gonna greet me at least?” He asked me and I gave him a small smile, holding up my arm to ‘bro’ shake his hands that he gladly returned to do it with me as well. “You’re completely soaked, dude. Get up and let’s get in my car.” He ordered me around and I nodded my head in response, following him as we made our way to his car that is just by a parking lot near us.


As soon as we got in, I put my seat belt on in silence and took off my soaked hoodie. “I’m sorry about your car seat.” I apologized and Suho laughed in response at my gullible self. I basically left an enormous wet mark on his seat, making me super guilty because the thing is, his car is such an expensive car to begin with and soaking its precious seats would make any car owners roar in anger.


“That’s okay. It’ll dry up man, no worries.” Suho forgave me and I nodded, agreeing the fact that the seat would dry up soon anyway. Well, you can’t blame me for being paranoid. I would be extremely upset if someone decided to soak my leather seat too. But I guess Suho just felt bad for me, that’s why.


He started driving us away from the park, heading us to somewhere that I wouldn’t mind at all heading considering the fact that even the thought of being taken away from my struggles with him is massively satisfying. Today had too much drama floating around in my brain and having a minor, immediate thoughts about it are certainly not helping my headache one bit. I asked Suho for some medicines to cure my current headache and thank God he had some in his car’s dashboard, remembering clearly about a month ago, I had left them inside of it. I get headaches way too often nowadays. It’s because the stress was entirely overwhelming me that it is a must for me to be carrying the pills in my pocket everywhere I head to—especially at work.

Well... now I don’t have to worry about getting headaches at work any longer. I am officially jobless after all.

 

 
I sighed in my seat miserably, making Suho glimpse at my way in curiosity for a second then turning his head forward afterwards to focus on the road and drove cautiously. 

“I went to your house about half an hour ago to check on you. Turns out, your mom and sister weren’t very pleased when I asked them where you were.” He spoke up, making me roll my eyes at my mom’s and sister’s behaviors towards their guest. The least they could do is to be the least honest about not wanting me around anymore instead of just showing Suho completely of what happened. It’s too embarrassing for me to bare and they had to spill the beans to him directly.


Well, what can I say? They give zero crap about me from day one anyways.

 


“...They told me you just slammed the door right after you left. I figured you’d be by the park again ‘cause that’s where you usually go to to relieve your stress even though it’s like an hour away from your house by walking.” He added and made me nod, agreeing about me relieving my stress by the park often ever since my first wreckage.

“So you know the exact details of what had happened to me today?” I asked him and he nodded almost instantly in response, making my breath hitch at the amount of embarrassment I’m feeling right now. 

“Jiyong, I can pay for your bike if—” 

“No, please Suho.” I rejected his offer, gritting my teeth as I swallowed hard in guiltiness, not wanting Suho to help me any longer. I’m a 24 year old adult now and asking for my best friend’s help in a constant way is simply not making me feel any better. Not even close to feeling better. It’s just pure embarrassment because too many things had happened to me in a snap today and to be honest, hiding is the best option for me at this second.

 

But there’s nowhere to hide. Pabo, Jiyong.


Suho sighed as he pulled the car over by a sidewalk, looking at me directly with his eyes. I crossed my arms in my chest and close my eyes, hearing nothing but my breath that’s heavily visible to hear. “I’m homeless and I lost my job in one day, Suho-ah. But, counting on you to help me all the time makes me look like the bad guy... like a guy who had been fishing for constant assistance. Mianhe.”


Suho just glimpses at me with pity in his eyes, not saying a single word as he sighs quietly. The least thing I want people to do is to show me pity in their eyes because it doesn’t help me feel any better. It makes me angry at myself for not being a successful kind of person in life. I can’t blame Suho though because all he’s ever done to me is help me whenever I’m in need. It’s not always my fault because life would always finds its way back to drag me into a maze of a dirty mess. 


“You can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter