New home, new life

Love me right, Mr. Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Baek A Yeon - A lot like love

 

“Living with him?” Hana looked at Jin’s back as she quietly followed him. They were going to meet one of his friends who could help them find an apartment—his dad was a landlord. “Wouldn’t that be weird?”

 

She hadn’t easily given in to living with him, but after consulting all her sources (which was only Yebin, really, and she was also staying with her own aunt so couldn't be of any help) she had decided to weird go for it. She had called her stepmother to ask if she could come back but instead she told her to come and get her stuff while her stepsister wasn’t around. She had also called her dad who didn’t answer the phone as usual, she left him a message to call her back saying it was urgent and also texted him.

 

The owner of the convenience store had eventually kicked them out and she didn’t want to waste her money on a hotel so she went to a sauna. She’d expected Jin to give up at some point and for a while she thought he had when he didn’t go into the sauna with her, but the next morning he was waiting for her outside saying ‘they’ had an appointment with a landlord.

 

After getting her stuff—which was enough to fit in a small carry-on suitcase—they were on their way to meet the landlord.

 

--

 

The apartment was small; combined kitchen and living room, a toilet, a tiny shower that would probably barely fit Jin comfortably, and probably worse of all, one bedroom. It was a big bedroom, but there was only one.

 

 “Awesome, right?” Jin patted her on the back and walked past her and threw himself onto the bed, “and it’s all for free!”

 

“Yah,” Hana grimaced as she stood in the doorway to the bedroom, clutching her stuff, “you’ve noticed there is only one room, right?”

 

“Hmm?” Jin looked around confused, “does it matter? We have a place to live.”

 

Hana closed her eyes in annoyance, the prude in her emerging, “in case you haven’t noticed, I’m a girl! I’m not staying in the same room on top of staying in the same house as a guy already!”

 

“Woah,” Jin grinned, “then you’ll flip when you find out that I’m not planning to sleep on the floor so we’re sharing the bed too.”

 

Hana’s jaw dropped—did he find this amusing?! Her dignity was on the line here!

 

“Okay, keep the bed,” Hana grabbed her suitcase from the floor, “in fact, keep everything. I’ll go find something else.”

 

“And how will you do that?” Jin scoffed, “I have connections and this is what I managed to get, what will you do? Go ahead, I’m actually quite curious.”

 

Without a word, Hana her heel and walked back into the bedroom and started putting away her stuff. Damn this guy for always knowing everything!

 

Jin chuckled at her actions and lied down again with a deep sigh. “I’ve always wanted to have a place for myself—where no one tells me what to do.”

 

“Get off the bed,” Hana shoved his legs away, “I have to unpack my clothes.”

 

“Aish!” Jin blew through his teeth irritably and sat down in a corner of the bed. As soon as she opened her suitcase he made a grab for something, “omo—! Mickey Granny pants,” he burst out laughing.

 

“YAH!” Hana pounced on him but he lied down, taking it out of her reach. “GIVE IT BACK!” she screamed flustered as he died laughing. “Aishhhh! So embarrassing!!!” It was one of the that she used when she was on her period. “Why did it have to be the first thing he saw?!”

 

When she finally got a hold of it, she toppled over and fell against his chest. She froze and Jin’s laughing immediately ceased too. He swallowed hard, her face was so close to his he could see every detail of it. She was beautiful to say the least. Jin felt he sudden urge to touch her face but he pulled himself together when he felt her push herself off his chest.

 

“Not all my undergarment is like this, okay? Hmph!” Hana dumped all her underwear in a drawer and took her toiletries to the bathroom.

 

Still lying on his back, Jin reached up to touch his chest. His heart was beating violently against his ribs as if it was trying to break its way out. Blowing out a sigh to calm himself down he ran a hand through his hair and stretched his body. “What the actual hell is wrong with me?”

 

“Yah, get your stuff too,” Hana said as she walked into the bedroom again, “or are you gonna keep wearing the same thing forever?”

 

“I have my P.E. clothing—they’re clean,” Jin waved off her comment and sat up. “Anyway, I got the apartment, you’re in charge of cooking.”

 

“Cook what, we just got here,” Hana commented and shoved the suitcase under the bed after putting away her clothes.

 

Jin blinked at her measly belongings in shock, “Is that really all you have?”

 

“Stop looking down on me, it’s still more than what you have right now,” Hana uncomfortably fidgeted with her hands. She knew she didn’t have much, she had grown out of the things her dad bought her in the past. Everything she had now was the stuff she had bought herself.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter