The bet

Love me right, Mr. Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few weeks since Hana’s little encounter with Jin and ever since she had made sure to sit as far as possible from him (which was hard because for the most part they had the same classes). Several times she had accidentally looked in his direction and caught him staring at her, which worried her more than anything. Jin had no reason to find her interesting enough to be looking at her in class. All she did was take notes or doodle. No class-clown behavior, no questions for the teacher—just occasionally small talk with Minjun and Haru, two guys who’ve lived in the same street as her since they were little.

 

Entering the English classroom, she noticed that most of the seats were already taken, except the few near Jin. No one else wanted to get in BTS’ way either. If Hana didn’t know better she’d think Jin had a victorious look plastered on his face, telling her she had no other choice but to sit next to him (or at least near him). And him kicking out the chair on his right only confirmed her thoughts.

 

Before Hana could even react, Minjun called out to her from the far left of the classroom, waving her over, “hey, Hana! We saved you a seat.” He pointed at the empty chair next to Haru.

 

Without a second thought she hurried over to her friends, missing the unamused look on Jin’s face. He was royally pissed.

 

“Why the sour face?” Jiwon, one of Sunhee’s friends, asked. He was sitting at the desk behind Jin with his annoying cousin, Seungri.

 

“None of your business,” Jin turned his eyes from Hana to the front of the class, but Jiwon had already caught on. He glanced in Hana’s direction and smirked, “ohhh, got dumped?”

 

“Get lost.”

 

Jiwon and Seungri sniggered at Jin’s reply.

 

“Cho Hana, huh? Who would’ve thought.” Jiwon thought out loud.

 

“I’m not interested in her,” Jin stated firmly, “it’s just to get Sunhee off my back.”

 

Jiwon piped up, “ooh, playing with fire there. But I’m always in for a little drama—don’t you have a birthday party coming up? What better way to make your point than have her show up where everyone will be gathered?”

 

Jin snorted, “like she’d come...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter