The Illusion Of Love II

Our New Life Diary

He saw another reflection on the mirror, The reflection of someone who had the same face as him but older, judging from his face and that person was wearing the same attire as the image he saw in Goryeo History book.

The Attire 4th King Of Goryeo had.. King Gwangjong Attire...

Then the moment he blinked, the reflection of Gwangjong had vanished, replaced by his own reflection, wearing a horror expression on his face. Now there Jun So was, standing in front of the mirror with his back glued to the wall. He wasn't afraid of ghost and that was not the reason why he was scared.

The reason he had horror expression was because he was afraid that there was something wrong with his mind. Taking a deep breath and releasing it slowly, Jun So started to assess the situation logically.

This probably due to his own anxiety combined with the image he saw today. Jun So managed to convince himself that was the problem and headed back to the bedroom as he wore black sweatpants.

However questions came to his mind as soon as he laid on the bed with his eyes staring at the ceiling.

'..Then.. Why do I feel familiar with the 'reflection' ?'

'..Why do I feel that the 'reflection' is my own 'reflection' ?'

'..Why..?'

While holding in those questions in his mind, Jun So closed his eyes and slowly drifted to deep sleep. That was the first time he had uneasy scattered images dream. Jun So didn't know that the day he saw the image of Gwangjong, was the day the wheel of fate moved it's gear to the future he supposed to have. The future of him and his soul mate.

However..
along the path he took..
Jun So made a single mistake...
He fell in love with a devil who -He thought- was the soul mate he was looking for all this time..


4 years later..

Jun So had been released from his military duty and now taking economy major in Oxford. He came to Seoul one day because his father wanted Jun So to meet with his business partners. At the party where all VIP guests came, Jun So met the devil..

"Jun So!" Someone called out his name as soon as he entered the party hall, the person was none other than Ji Kyung.

"Long time no see!" he said and shook Jun So's hand. "Wow, You look more muscular after the your military duty!"

Jun So gave a soft smile, "It's a force of habit now to work out daily."

"I heard you entered Oxford." Ji Kyung said, walked next to him and grabbed a champagne offered by the waitress along the way.

"Yeah and I heard you are in Harvard?" Jun So took a sip of his champagne.

Ji Kyung nodded, "Yeah, I am lucky to pass the exam"

Jun So let out a soft snort, "Lucky? You held the second place in national exam. Lucky is not the right word for you."

"Hey! I worked hard for that!" defended Ji Kyung, "I am not like you, Mr. All Perfect and Popular."

"Who said-" Jun So's words were cut off by his father's voice, calling out his name.

"Jun So!" Joo Won called out his son and lifted his hand, gesturing Jun So to come to him. There were many people around Joo Won and Soo Yeon.

Jun So nodded and turned his gaze to Ji Kyung, "I have to go."

"Sure! We can talk again later!" Ji Kyung grinned, staring at Jun So's back as he walked toward his parents.


As soon as Jun So arrived, Joo Won introduced him to his business partners. It took a while for Jun So to speak with all of them. They were so eager to get to know the heir of Golden World Company, the one who would wield all the power and connections that the company had. Praises, flattery, courtesy, Jun So had to deal with all of it and it wore him down.

He was searching for a place to hide outside the party hall when he heard a faint sound of people's quarreling. Walking closer, he saw a young woman, younger than him at least was trying to break free from a guy's flirt.

"Let go!" The woman said, her eyes glared at the man. "I told you that we are over!"

"No, we're not! You are mine! My woman!" said the guy who was gripping her arms.

"You have lost that right when you cheated on me!" the woman said, kept pushing the man away.

"It's just a simple mistake! I promise I won't do that again! Min Jee, you are mine!"

"Let her go." Jun So spoke as he walked closer to them.

The man turned his head and glared at Jun So, "It's not your business! Get lost!"

"She doesn't want to be touched by you, that alone convinced me to meddle in" Jun So said, he wondered why he did such action but his logic mind and his manners told him that forcing a woman was unacceptable.

Letting go of the woman called Min Jee, The man launched a punch on Jun So who dodged it easily and moved fast to give the man a spin kick. Got slammed to the wall, the man grunted in pain. Jun So stared at him coldly, no emotion could be seen in his eyes.

"I suggest you walk away, never get close to this woman again. If you have any complaint or need a payback for your injuries, you can go to Golden World company and ask for a refund in the name of Tae Jun So."

The man looked surprised and after a few glance at Min Jee who next to Jun So and Jun So who gave him a chilly gaze that could freeze a room in an instant, he decided to let things go. With a scowl he stood up and left without words. Jun So turned around and stared at the woman.

"Just to make sure everything is alright, Do you have any injuries?" asked Jun So politely.

The woman shook her head and smiled sweetly, "No, I am fine" as she let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Seriously, that man is so barbarian! How can he say that I am HIS?"

"Maybe his possessiveness that do the talking, Is it wrong to claim a woman as a man's belonging?" asked Jun So, clearly he didn't really understand since he had zero experience in love. He didn't have the mood nor will to do so.

"Of course it's wrong!" the woman rolled her eyes, "I am a person, not an item or animal. How can that man say that I belong to him?"

Ba Thump!

At that time, Jun So's heart was beating faster than usual. He stared at the woman like it was the first time he really took a good look at her. Her words, the one she just said, it sounded familiar. Once again.. the longing he had been suppressing, emerged and words echoed in his mind.

'However, do NOT say I 'belong' to you ever again'

Jun So felt his head was spinning and aching. A soft groan escaped his lips and the woman frowned at his behavior.

"ungh.." Jun So lifted his hand to touch his forehead.

"Are you okay?" asked the woman but Jun So couldn't hear her, the words that echoed in his mind had blocked his hearing.

'Why Not?'

'I'm a person, not an item or animal. How can you say that I belong to you or anyone else?'

'Then..'

"Then.." words escaped Jun So's lips but he didn't even realize it.

'Should I call you 'My Person' ?'

"Should I call you 'My Person' ?"

The woman looked surprised but she giggled softly, Jun So let out another groan as he tried to focus to the woman's face. He wondered what he had said to make the woman giggled and gave him that sweet and loving smile.

"Wow, I am amazed. To think that the heir of Golden World Company has a daring side" The woman said.

"...What..?"Jun So had recovered from his headache finally focusing himself to the woman, "What did you mean by that?"

"Didn't you say 'Should I call you 'My Person' ?" The woman asked, her face looked confused at first but she giggled after. "That is a daring confession"

'I.. said... that..?' Jun So mused.

That longing he felt, the words that echoed in his mind, this woman triggered it all.
Could it be.. this woman he had been looking for? Was it fate that brought him to save her?

"It's a weird way to ask a woman for a date but.. I accept" the woman said, smiling happily.

Jun So stared at her face and her smile. He was convinced that this woman was the one he needed. Smiling to the woman, Jun So touched her hand and lifted it up to his lips. He had seen his father did the same to his mother and it brought happiness to his mother's face.

"Thank you for accepting it. My name is Tae Jun So.. You are..?"

A radiant smile appeared on the woman's face, "Min Jee.."

"My name is Oh Min Jee"

That was the start of their relationship..


Jun So who thought Min Jee as the woman he was looking for all these years, started showering her with his love. However.. Despite his new found feeling and experience, there was something lurking in the corner of his heart. The longing he had, didn't disappeared. Jun So thought it was because the depth of his love for Min Jee, So he didn't really think about it as much as he did in the past.

It lasted for quite a while, The relationship between Jun So and Min Jee went well but Min Jee was the one who broke it off.

"What?" Jun So asked while they were lying on the bed, inside a hotel room, .

"I said, I am going to paris to have my debut as a designer" Min Jee said, staring at Jun So who looked surprised. "We have to break up"

"Why do we have to break up?" asked Jun So, "I can wait for you, for as long as it takes"

Min Jee giggled softly and smiled at him, "It won't be fair. I don't want to burden my mind with the thought of you waiting for me in Seoul"

Jun So stared at Min Jee for a while then let out a sigh, "I see.."

"Don't be so sad. If when I return and your heart still the same.. Then I shall be your wife" Min Jee said, leaning closer to give Jun So a kiss.

"I promise" she whispered on her lips.

Jun So accepted the kiss in silent. He didn't reply to Min Jee's words not because he was sad but because he didn't feel anything thus he didn't say anything.

Sad..
It was a surprise that he didn't feel sad at all when Min Jee broke up with him..
He supposed to feel something yet.. he didn't feel anything..
Jun So once again convinced himself that this was due to his lack of human feelings...
Yes.. That was what he thought until he saved HER...


"Brother, why do you want to go to the park all of a sudden?" asked Min Jung, walking by his brother side.

Jun So didn't say anything for a while, his expression was serious, as if he was in deep thought.

True... Why did he want to go to the park all of a sudden? One thing he knew for sure.. His heart was telling him to go here..

"I don't know" he gave a sigh, "I feel like there is a need for me to come here"

Min Jung stared as his brother for a while before giving a soft chuckle, "I think your mind is so tired Because of the launching of a new project huh? Father made you work too hard"

Jun So chuckled "Maybe, you should help me sometimes"

What his brother, Tae Min Jung said was true. Since the day he broke up with Min Jee, Jun So drowned himself in work. Maybe this feeling he had was because he was exhausted.

Min Jung snorted "Sorry, I don't have any interest in women's cosmetic"

Jun So laughed hearing his brother's words. Min Jung was a typical macho male who only had interest in martial arts and racing. They arrived at the lake and enjoyed the view. It was refreshing until Jun So caught a glimpse of a woman standing not to far from the edge of wooden bridge. It seemed she was in panic and the reason of it could be known instantly when Jun So glanced at the river where a kid was in the verge of drowning.

"..Wait.. That woman.."

Min Jung turned his head towards Jun So "Huh? What woman?"

"That woman is- ..!" Jun So was about to point at a woman who was going to jump to the lake and Jun So realized that in the middle of the lake, there was a child needed saving.

SPLASH !

Even when he was a little bit far away, Jun So could still hear the sound of splashing water. The woman jumped into the lake to save the child. Min Jung heard it as well as he turned his head to the source of splashing sound.

"What the- ..! Hey brother, where are you going?!" Min Jung shouted at Jun So who already ran to the lake and jumped to the water.

He swam and swam as fast as he could to reach the woman. He didn't know the reason but there was a huge need for him to save the crazy woman who just jumped. Jun So dived into the lake, his eyes stared at the woman who had lost her consciousness. His heart skipped a beat and the moment he reached her hand and grabbed it, a voice rang in his mind once again.

'Hae..Soo..'

As he reached her and brought her to the edge, She was barely breathing. Thanked God the ambulance arrived fast and took over his job, carrying the woman to the hospital.

As the ambulance left, Min Jung spoke in anger to his older brother "You idiot brother! Why did you just jump like that?!"

"I don't know.. My body just.." Jun So frowned, staring down at his own hands.

"Do you know that woman?" asked Min Jung

"No... But..."

"But?"

"...I feel like I have known her... from a long time ago.." Jun So said, staring at the direction where the ambulance had disappeared.

'..What is this feeling..? ..Longing...?' Jun So mused.

Min Jung gave a sigh of annoyance "Well we better go back now, seeing you like this will make Mother turns livid"

Both of them walked away from the park and Since then.. Jun So's life was never be the same...

The longing he felt was getting stronger, even stronger than the one he felt when he was with Min Jee.
Not to mention the eclipse.. Somehow.. it felt familiar.. TOO familiar..

What was it? What did the voice say in his mind? He tried to remember but he couldn't recall it..

Yes.. He couldn't recall it... Until he remembered Everything...


"...So.."

"...n...So.."

"..Jun So.."

"..Jun So..!"

Jun So slowly opened his eyes, his parent's and his brother's face slowly but sure came to his view. They were staring at him, worry could be seen on their face. Just like that time..

"..What.." He spoke, his voice sounded so hoarse. He glanced around, noticing that he was not in his room.

"Where.. am I..?" Asked Jun So, his body felt weak and heavy.

"Don't you remember?" asked Min Jung, "You passed out in your office due to severe exhaustion."

"I know you have problem with your wife but don't drown yourself in work and get sick like this" Scolded Joo Won. "This kind of trait is unbecoming as the master of Golden World Company"

Jun So didn't reply to his father's words. He didn't even listen to it. His mind was focusing on the dream he had. The memory he had forgotten. Now he realized what he had done, what kind of mistake he did to his wife. The doubt and confusion that was fogging his mind had disappeared, leaving only one answer.

"Are you listening?!" Joo Won asked in annoyance.

However Jun So didn't answer his father, his eyes stared at Min Jung instead. "Min Jung.."

"Yes?" Min Jung stared right back at his older brother.

"I want to see My Wife"

~ TO BE CONTINUED ~


Author's Note :

Finally Chapter 22 is finished! TT_TT

Well due to the overload works, I rarely have time to write~ XDD Sorry for the delay~ XDD Well not that the fog of doubt and confusion has been lifted. Jun So finally know the answer he was seeking. Now the next chapter will be tense, filled with dramaaaaa~ Feeeeelllsss ~

Okay sorry for the exaggerations ~ XDD

Anyway, like always I need opinion! :D

I hope this chapter is good, XD Please give me your opinion. I will appriciate it! :D

See you again in the next chapter! :D