F I V E

On Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook

“I hope Eunhyuk hyung and Kyuhyun are sheltered somewhere, the rain looks like it’s not going to stop anytime soon.”

Donghae does not answer. Instead, he tips his head back and closes his eyes. I watch him and my heart almost leaps right out of my chest when Donghae suddenly opens his eyes and looks at me. His eyes… Are…. Red. I scramble back, falling off my seat and onto the floor.

“Oppa,” Donghae’s voice is like a girl all of a sudden and my eyes widens, “Did you miss me?”

My heart beats fast as I feel the hairs on my back sticking up…. I know this voice; it is all too familiar. I swallow hard as I gasp in disbelief,

“Eun… Eun Ji?”

I’m still trying to catch my breath; my eyes are wide in absolute horror as I try to make sense of what is going on. There… There is no way that this is Eun Ji but at the same time, the voice, the eyes… Everything about Donghae didn’t seem normal. It’s like he’s being possessed. By Eun Ji. But that’s not possible.

“You… You promised, oppa.”

Donghae takes a step closer and I push myself back with shaky breath. My throat feels dry and I cannot speak. Donghae however suddenly stops and falls onto his knees. His closes his eyes, squeezes them tight and then a pained whimper escapes his lips. It’s suddenly completely silent before Donghae lifts his head up and finally, lifts his eyelids open. His eyes are not red like before any longer but they’re filled with tears.

“Ryeowook,” Donghae breathes out tiredly, his voice back to usual, “Please… It hurts.”

Donghae whimpers before he closes his eyes once more and then he’s suddenly falling forward. I rush to his side and quickly catches him before his head hits the ground. I carefully settle his head onto my lap and then swallow as I try to shake him awake. After a few shakes, my hyung finally opens his eyes. They look unfocused for a minute before he finally looks at me.

“Wookie?” Donghae asks, confused. “What.. What happened?”

Gulping, I say, “I… Hyung… You passed out.”

Donghae blinks before he groans and finally sits up, looking better than he did before. I help to bring him up to his seat and then realize that his body is warm. I press my hands onto his forehead, gasping. “Hyung! You’re burning up!”

Donghae nods, “I… I don’t feel well.”

Realizing that Donghae doesn’t remember anything at all, I quickly respond, “Ye.. Yeah… Hyung… I… I think you must have passed out… Be-Because of your fever.”

Donghae hums negatively, too exhausted to do or say anything. Instead, he rests his head onto my shoulder and then whispers softly, “I wanna go home.”

“We’ll get you home once Eunhyuk hyung and Kyuhyunnie comes back, hyung.” I promise.

Donghae nods, still resting on my shoulder. I let him be as I tap my fingers against my laps, confused and still trying to digest everything that’s happened. Donghae doesn’t remember anything but that doesn’t mean that whatever happened wasn’t real. This isn’t a dream, this is reality. This is something that had just happened and I don’t know what to make out of it.

“You… You promised, oppa.”

Just as I’m about to put more thought into it, I hear footsteps coming towards the shelter and lift my head to Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun running towards us. They’re soaked from the rain and breathless from running all the way.

“Are you guys okay?” Eunhyuk asks, worriedly glancing over at his boyfriend, “What happened?”

“Uh… Donghae hyung passed out… I… I think he’s having a fever.” I tell my hyung, preferring to leave the other details out.

Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun exchange glances, looking at each other suspiciously. Kyuhyun subtly shakes his head but before I can ask what’s going on, Eunhyuk sighs and kneels in front of Donghae. He his cheeks and then turns around to look at Kyuhyun and I, “Come on, let’s go home. I’ll call for a cab.”

***

Kyuhyun

Once we’re home, Eunhyuk and I help bring Donghae to bed while Ryeowook excuses himself to our room, telling us that he needs to take a quick shower. He’s been acting strange ever since when we left him under the shelter and I don’t know what’s going on. I still don’t believe that Ryeowook has something to do with Eun Ji, whoever the hell she is but that doesn’t mean that I’m not suspicious. Eunhyuk is right when he said that something is going on, something strange. I’ve experienced it, Eunhyuk knows about it and Donghae…. Donghae hasn’t been acting himself. I can see that as well, it’s obvious but… Could it really true? That he’s been possessed? Doesn’t that only happen in movies?

Once I’m done with helping my hyung to help settle his boyfriend into their room, I decide to leave them alone. Before I leave however, Eunhyuk grabs my wrists and reminds me to ask Ryeowook if he knows who Eun Ji is. I sigh and nod and then walk towards my room.

The door is half closed and as I approach my shared room with Ryeowook, I freeze on the spot when I hear Ryeowook’s voice.

“Eun Ji… This is me, Ryeowook oppa…. I… Something… Something’s strange going on… I… I can’t explain it to you over the phone. But… Once you get this voicemail, please call me.”

My breaths are uneven as I find myself leaning against the wall for support after hearing what I’ve just heard. I… This…. Ryeowook knows. Ryeowook knows Eun Ji and he knows that something strange is going on. Ryeowook knows everything but he’s keeping it from the hyungs and I. My chest suddenly feels like it’s aching while my stomach feels like it’s being upturned unpleasantly. This feeling in my heart… It hurts. Is this what it feels like? To feel heartbroken? To feel betrayed? When I hear the bathroom door closing, I burst into the room, suddenly annoyed and frustrated. Ryeowook has gone to take a shower and so, I look around the room, spotting Ryeowook’s phone. Picking it up, I unlock it and then scroll to his contacts.

This isn’t right, scooping through my own boyfriend’s phone but this is the only way I’ll get my answers. At this point, I…. Don’t know if I can trust Ryeowook. I don’t know if he’ll even tell me the truth if I ask him what’s going on. A chill creep down my spine when I finally find Eun Ji’s name. Before I know what’s going on, I’m pressing onto the call display on the phone and pressing the phone to my ears. It rings a couple of times and I think that no one’s going to answer it but I’m wrong when all of a sudden, a man’s voice appears through the other line, greeting in Korean language.

“He… Hello?” I take a deep breath, “Is… Is this Eun Ji’s… Number?”

“Yes, this is.” The man answers roughly, “Who is this?”

“I…Uh… Is it okay if… I… Talk to Eun Ji?” I ask, swallowing before there’s faint silence over the phone.

The man breaks the silence however by clearing his throat and then saying, “I’m sorry but… Eun Ji’s… Eun Ji has been missing for over a year now.”

My eyes widen in surprise, “Wh.. What?”

A year?

“Ye.. Yeah. The police don’t know where she’s at, neither does any of her friends or family.” The man explains over the phone, “Are you one of her friends?”

“I… Uh… Yeah.” I stutter, “I… I’ll…. I got to go.”

I quickly end the call, not even caring if it sounds rude. I… This is insane right now. Eun Ji… Eun Ji has been missing for over a year? What… What the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter