O N E

On Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook

“Oppa…. I’m in love with you.”

The words keep repeating themselves and even when I try to distract myself by doing some other things like reading a magazine or listening to music, the voice never leaves my head. It’s distracting and… And I wish it’d just stop. Please. I already have enough guilt to feel bad about.

I cannot wait to be home. Home where my members are, my family are, my dearest boyfriend is. Being away from home for too long is making me homesick and terribly lonely. I missed everyone and every now and then, I’d find little details of life that brings me to remember my loved ones. I suddenly grab the sides of my seats when I feel a sudden drop. A bunch of gasps fill the plane and a baby starts to cry somewhere in the back. I hear a loud thunder roaring and right in front of my eyes, a lightning flashes down. The plane shakes a little and an announcement is heard.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has the fasten seat belt sign. We are now crossing a zone of turbulence and bad weather outside. Please return your seats and keep your seat belts fastened. Thank you.”

Closing my eyes, I pray that nothing bad will happen. I travel so much by plane, it’s surprising how I’m still afraid at things like this. But then again, of course, I think it’s a natural reaction to be afraid of flying. The good thing is that we are already in Korea and a few minutes away from the Airport. I think of my loved ones and hope that I will be able to make it to see their smiling faces.

Another thunder goes off and the plane vibrates at how loud it roared. I take deep breaths and calm myself down, opening my eyes slowly to look outside the window. There’s a weird feeling at the pit of my stomach, one that I cannot describe. It’s not pretty though. It’s just… It’s an eerie feeling, those type of feelings you get when something isn’t right. Brushing it off thinking that it’s just the fear of the current situation, I whisper a set of prayer and remember my loved one smiling faces. An announcement suddenly goes off telling us that the wind outside is too strong and therefore they will have to wait before they are able to land. After about ten minutes, it finally starts to rain and the thunder and lightning stops. Finally, it is safe for the captain to proceed with landing and I smile, thinking of how close I finally am to getting home.

It wasn’t a smooth landing but it is still a safe landing and we are finally on the Korea ground. I am finally home. I can already feel the warmth and comfort of Korea even if it’s raining outside. There is just something about knowing that you are home. It’s a special feeling you can never replace. Stepping outside of the airport, I spot a familiar figure leaning against his car and my lips automatically goes off in a grin. Well, he may be a pain in the but I’ve got to admit, I was so lost in Japan without him.

“Manager hyung!!”

I give him a big hug and he hugs me back just as tight and something tells me that he must have missed me too. I bet he does! I’m a trouble maker, I’ve got to admit, but I’m also one of his dongsaengs. He treats me like a brother or maybe even a son. While I was in Japan, he would always call or email me and ask if I was doing fine. I think he’s so used to managing the members that it bothers the hell out of him that he couldn’t be with me to look after me.

“How have you been, kiddo!?” Manager ruffles my hair. “I was so worried when I saw that your flight was delayed for landing!”

“I’m great, hyung!” I nod. “The weather was really bad and I was so scared!”

“I bet you were.” My manager nods, understandingly. “But it’s good that you’ve landed safely now. The members have been waiting for you at the apartment.”

“Jinjja? Aw hyung, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!!”

 I pull my manager towards my luggage and he helps to carry them into the car. It’s really a bad habit that I make my manager carry my luggage but well… It’s his fault too for pampering me too much! I help with the shopping bags (I shopped like freaking hell while I was in Japan!) and quickly get in the car. My manager enters seconds later and starts to drive out of the airport. It’s still raining outside but doesn’t stop me from smiling. I trace the raindrops from the window and watch as trees and building passes by. My manager asks me about my musicals although I have already updated him only about a million times through his constant checks up on me over the phone and emails. I smile and try to think of something I’ve not told him. My smile disappears when all that I can think of is a figure of a beautiful girl with long hair, looking at me with tear-filled eyes and trembling lips.

“Oppa…. I’m in love with you.”

***

It’s really sweet that the members got together to celebrate me coming home. But okay… Let’s face it and stop lying to myself. The members always looked for an opportunity to get together and eat a feast and play rock paper scissors and get the loser to pay for the meals. And this time, it was no different. They didn’t even give me a chance!

“Come on, hyungs! Don’t you miss me?” I pout cutely.

“No and your puppy dog faces don’t work on me anymore because Henry does it a hell lot better than you.” Kangin says pointing at Henry.

Henry nods, grinning. “You bet I do!”

I grumble. “It’s so not fair.”

“It’ll be even more unfair when Kyuhyun gets here and realizes he still has to bet and there’s not even a single food left for him.” Donghae laughs.

I stick my tongue out. “I’m not going to let you starve my boyfriend and make him pay for what he didn’t even touch so I made sure to keep him some.”

“He’s still going to lose just like the last time again.” Shindong smirks. “I have a gut feeling.”

I shake my head realizing that they have not changed one bit. We continue eating but I don’t know why I’m so distracted. Kyuhyun had a last minute schedule and had to stay at the studio for a few more hours. But… How long is he going to be there? And why didn’t he leave any calls?

It’s such a disappointment not having Kyuhyun greet me home. I was greeted with warm hugs when I entered the apartment but none of those were what I really really was looking forward to. I was kind of disappointed when manager hyung told me that Kyuhyun had to stay a little bit longer in the studio. But… We are idols and Kyuhyun is a very very busy and successful man. So I shouldn’t be surprised.

“So how was staying in Japan, Wook?” Siwon asks. “Did you enjoy the food there?”

“The food is fantastic!” I eagerly say, because… Well… Food makes everyone excited right? “I gained a lot of weight just eating all those delicious takoyaki!”

“But still, it was kind of boring too. I mean… The cast members are nice and all but it’s hard to comminute with them because I know so little of their language.”

“Language barrier can be a pain in the .” Heechul admits, know well what I mean from his experience with his ex-virtual wife, Puff.

“Yeah, I got lonely a lot.” I then shrug it off. “But I’m home now and it’s good to be home.”

“Met any interesting people?” Eunhyuk asks and I accidentally started coughing.

“Woah, are you okay?” Sungmin hands me a glass of water. “Here, drink this.”

“I’m fine.” I wave my hands. “Umm… Interesting people… Well… No.”

“Why did you ask?”

“You know the types of people we meet when we’re overseas!” Heechul shakes his head. “And people call us weird!”

“People call you weird, hyung. We’re all born normal.”

My voice flutters as I look up, my lips already curling into a huge sappy smile. I don’t even let myself think or consider anything, I just rush to my boyfriend’s opens arms and hugs him tight. Kyuhyun’s back! Kyuhyun wraps his arms around me tight and lifts me up, his lips finding mine and giving me a light kiss. Kyuhyun spins me around and kisses me again before finally settling me down.

“Hey baby, I’m so happy to see you again!” Kyuhyun my cheeks.

“I’ve missed you so much, KyuKyu.” I whine as I wrap my arms around his waist, clinging onto him.

“I’ve missed you too.” Kyuhyun kisses my nose. “I’m sorry I wasn’t here to welcome you home.”

“It’s fine, manager hyung picked me up and-”

“Ehem!”

I disentangle myself from Kyuhyun and blush as I realize that the members were looking and grinning like fools at us. Kyuhyun on the other hand never feels embarrassed and instead loves these kind of attention.

“You’re almost into your one-year anniversary and both of you are still in the honeymoon stage.” Zhou Mi points out, sticking his tongue out pretending to puke.

“I hope they stay that way forever just like Hae and I.” Eunhyuk interrupts hanging his arms around Donghae lovingly.

“Of course we will!” I giggle. “Isn’t that right, KyuKyu?”

Kyuhyun looks down at me with so much love in his eyes that I can almost feel it. I blush at his intense gaze and Kyuhyun chuckles, kissing my temples. He cups the back of my neck and tilts my head up and brushes his lips against mine. My heart skips a beat and I cling onto his shirt, suddenly feeling like I can’t move or do anything. The hyungs purposely make loud gagging noise and Kyuhyun and I break apart, giggling away.

A sudden purr catches our attention and we turn to look at the other side of the apartment where Heechul’s cat, Heebum is sleeping. Heebum’s eyes stirs open and he turns around, confused for a moment before he purrs again.

“Your PDA woke my little baby up, aww Heebummie!” Heechul stands and walks over to Heebum, its tail. “That’s right baby, those two are the horniest little magnaes you’ll ever meet!”

Heebum purrs and stretches its body, meowing loud. Heechul continues Heebum talking to his cat in baby languages but Heebum suddenly starts hissing loudly and almost scratches Heechul’s hands.

“Woah there.” Heechul lets go of Heebum and steps away from his pet. “What’s wrong, baby?”

Heebum doesn’t answer (of course he doesn’t!) and turns away from Heechul, it’s eyes scanning the room. It’s head snap to Kyuhyun and then near the door and it starts hissing and meowing out loud, it’s expression so angry and just… weird.

“Hyung, what’s wrong with that thing?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Do not call my precious baby a thing!” Heechul snaps. “He’s probably mad that your public display of affection woke him up. Why don’t you apologize?”

“I’m not apologizing to a cat!”

“I’d take that back if I were you. Heebum is very sensitive. He hates people calling him a cat.”

“Then what do you want me to call it? A dog?” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. “Geez.”

All the time Heechul and Kyuhyun were arguing, I couldn’t help myself from getting suspicious of Heebum. Heebum had already stop hissing but it’s staring at me, all wide eyes and frozen now. I don’t know why no one have pointed it out but the way that at is looking at me is just freaky! Ignoring my two immature members, I kneel down and pat my thighs knowing that Heebum always loves to cuddle with me and sleep on my thighs. I call out its name for a moment, the whole apartment goes silent, all of them looking down at me.

“Heebum ah, come here, don’t you miss me?” I coo at the little beauty.

Everyone, including me, gasps out loud when Heebum suddenly releases a very loud angry growl and leaps forward towards me. It hits me hard in the chest and when I fall back, Heebum’s claws scratches the side of my neck.

“HEEBUM!” Heechul shouts.

Heechul quickly runs forward and grabs Heebum who is trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter