Kingston

The Fused & The Muse

The Fused & The Muse 🍷 Ch.3

 

London, England
Present Day


 

It was chilly in London this time around. Pretty soon, it would snow. I've always loved the cold weather. I found it calming and relaxing. It allows my mind to think better and everything else just seems to get much more calm. I blew on the air to see the fog come out from my mouth. I smiled. It made me feel like I had powers. "Ella!" I turned around and found Josh jogging towards me. "Hi Josh." "Have you eaten?" I wasn't sure what to say, then I remembered what Aly told me yesterday. Why don't I give him a chance? "No, I was actually going to get breakfast in school." He held my wrist and chuckled as he dragged me along. "Hey, school will start soon. Where are we going?" We stopped over at a café nearby. "What do you want?" I looked at Josh and he just smiled. He really was good looking. My cheeks turned rosy, so I quickly looked away. I searched around the menu and ordered my food.


"That would be 2.50 € " I opened my backpack to take out my wallet. "She's with me." Josh handed the cashier his credit card. "Please give me two coffees as well." "Josh...you don't have to." I looked up at his smiling face. He handed me a cup and we left. We walked to school together. I hadn't said a word, but Josh continued to talk to me until we arrived in class. We parted ways when his friends called him over. Alyssa stood outside the door and her eyes looked as though they would pop out. She zoomed over to my desk and slammed her hand on it. "You were out with playboy weren't you?" She pointed her finger directly at my face. I sighed and shook my head. She lifted my cup and I quickly pulled her hand down. "Shht! Don't show the whole world!" Her brows raised and she covered her lips. She kept squealing through her hands.


She looked over at Josh and she hit my arm. "Ow! What was that for?" "Giiirrlll he lookin' right over here!" My face began to heat up. "What'd I tell ya? I told you ya just have to give the man a chance!" "It was just breakfast Aly! It was nothing like that." She puckered her lips and walked over to her seat. "Whatevs. I see ya girlfriend." I shook my head.
  

Mr. Johnson tapped the ruler on his podium. "Settle down everybody, settle down." The talking died down and everybody made their way to their seats. "As you all know, our topic for the past week has been quite peculiar. We have had many great presentations and I thank everyone for participating. I hope that you've all packed well because our trip begins tomorrow. We will spend one day touring and two days traveling—there and back. We will all be split up into five vans so make sure you choose the people you'd want to be with in your van. This is quite an exciting trip for me because I've always been a fan of Bram Stoker's Dracula." He took a moment, reminiscing his childhood—how he'd wait in line in the nearest video tape store just to get a copy of the movie. "As a celebration for the upcoming event, I give you all free time to chit chat about your excitement. Go crazy kids!"


The classroom became noisy again once Mr. Johnson excused us. Alyssa sat on my table and raised a brow. "So...who are we sharing our van with?" She clicked her tongue and looked over to Josh. "Aly! Don't make eye contact with them! We'll just sit with Taylor." Alyssa gasped. "Oh no no no. Absolutely not! Taylor and her odd squad will not be our van mates!" I glanced over at Taylor and her little group. I caught one of them picking on their nose then flicking their finger to the air. Gross. I scrunched my face and looked away. "Well, I mean...Chloe is probably gonna sit with Josh."


Josh leaned on a chair and threw a baseball to one of his friends. "Yo Josh! Who're we sitting with this time?" He took his lollipop out of and stood up. Chloe held onto his shoulder and stood in front of him. "So Josh, who are you sitting with?" She stared at him with a smirk as her hand traveled to his chest. Josh held her wrist and removed her hands from his chest. He pulled her closer and whispered in her ear. Alyssa and I watched them. I turned back around when I saw him pull her closer to him.


"Actually, I have someone else in mind." He moved past her and crouched down next to my seat. I turned my head to face him. "Hey beautiful. You mind sharing your carriage with me?" Alyssa was freaking out inside. "M-me?" Josh looked around the room, then back at me. "Hmmm. I don't know. Is there anyone else beautiful in here?" "My friend Alyssa is." *What can I say? I at conversations. Keep going Ella! Maybe you'll scare him away.* He glanced up at her. "Well then, I guess I was talking to her." Alyssa cracked up at his remark. "What do you say?" "Hell yeah we can share our carriage with you," Alyssa blurted out. Josh stood up. "Then I'll see you girls tomorrow." I raised my hand slightly to wave bye.


As soon as he left, Alyssa shook my arms. "This is why we're best friends!" I sighed. "Yo! Nuh uh. What's with the gloom face?" I massaged my forehead and closed my eyes. "I don't know Aly...I mean Josh is good looking and nice but Edward is the one I like. Every girl that Josh was with just complains about how he used them or cheated on them. Don't you think that I'd be the same?" "Hey, cheer up. We're just sharing vans. It's not like he asked you out." I smiled at her. "You're right. Thanks. I don't know why I'm thinking so far ahead."

The bell rang and Alyssa ran to the lunch area to get food. "Hey I'll see you at our spot!" I waved to her and made my way down the halls. The sound of students' shoes squeaking became inaudible as I walked deeper down the hallways. I made my way to the field and walked across the whole area to get to the bleachers. Alyssa and I always hung out either on or behind the bleachers. This was how I started to like Edward. He would always be playing soccer with his friends during lunch. I admired him from afar, hoping that he wouldn't notice me.


Sadly, we didn't have any classes together. He had the more advanced classes, which I'm too afraid to switch to. I opened my backpack to set out my lunch. I suddenly heard a whistle, which made my head spring up. I saw Edward jogging to his duffle bag to get some water. At the same time, I found Chloe with her group of friends walking across the field. I took my phone out to distract myself from paying any attention to them.


I heard someone making their way up the bleachers. "Alyssa," I called out, still pretending to be busy on my phone. The bleachers squeaked, then I heard someone chuckle. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Alyssa." I looked up, then my whole body turned away, as if an instinct. My heart began to lose itself again. Edward took a seat right next to me and a shiver ran through my spine. I was still turned away from him, but I pinched myself for making it so obvious, so I mustered up my courage to turn around and face him. My body slowly turned around and I found him leaned back with his eyes closed. He was breathing heavily and a drop of sweat ran down his angel-carved face.


I began to panic because I didn't know how to react or what to say. My eyes wandered around the field, searching for Alyssa. Nothing. I couldn't find her anywhere. I saw Chloe with her arms crossed, staring right at me, so I looked away. Edward sat up and turned to face me. "Hey, you're going on that field trip with Mr.Johnson right?" "Y-yeah. I am." He nodded his head. "I wanted to go too." "Why don't you? I'm sure we have an extra seat." He smiled at me and pierced his eyes through mine, as if he were searching for something in them. "I can't. I have a game tomorrow." I bit my lip, losing myself in his eyes. I closed my eyes, afraid that if I looked too long, he would hypnotize me.


I heard the whistle again, so I opened my eyes once more. Edward stood up and breathed in the cool air. "Guess I'm not seeing you for three days." "Yeah," I murmured. "Well, I'll catch up with you then. I'll be here when you come back." He made his way down the bleachers and back to the field. Soon after, I saw Alyssa sneaking up. "Ohhh...MY GOODNESS... Please tell me that I didn't just see what I saw." She held onto the rails as she made her way up the bleachers. "Where were you!?" I stood up and shook Alyssa. She set her food down and snapped her fingers once, then held a finger up. "Hooolllllddd up. Nuh uh. Am I missing something? Have you been dating Mr.HottieMcHotStuff behind my back? All those years of friendship and you still don't trust me?" She scrunched her face as though she were about to burst in tears. "Oh shut up Aly. I have no idea what just happened either. One second I see him drink water, then I see Miss Queenbee make her way down the field, and the next second I find Edward sitting next to me and we have a conversation." My body fell back on the bleachers. "I can't even think properly right now." Alyssa crossed her arms. "Well, don't you dare get a boyfriend without me."


"Come. I think I need to lay down somewhere." She took her food and held my wrist. We walked down the bleachers then made our way behind it. We laid down on the green grass and stayed there until the bell rang. "You still have to tell me how you do it. How in the world did you get the Kingston's attention?"

 

 

"If you don't take a chance, how will you ever know?"

-Ukn