Two

My Lovely (Maid)

 

“Who is this?”

A young lady asks as soon as Jinri arrives in the dazzling room with Minho. She bites back a smile, afraid if this will turn out like a drama and her hair will be pulled out. Maybe she is his girlfriend, or someone who is fixed to be his wife or something.

“My partner Naeun.”

“Wow oppa. You got yourself a partner? Amazing!”

She exclaimed and turns around, waving to someone and soon an intimadating male comes to them.

“You need to cut that out Naeun. It’s not that I make something weird.”

“This is weird hyung.”

Said Kai who puts his arm around Naeun, kissing her cheek. The lady from earlier slaps his chest but liking it anyway, Jinri observed.

“Behave oppa, we are in a formal party.”

“Ara. It’s just that you are too pretty to resist.”

Minho shakes his head. Jinri keeps her composure.

“Save your face in front of a stranger at least Kai ah.”

Said Minho, nodding to Jinri and the lass bows at Kai and Naeun, following Minho. She heard Kai whines about Minho being his robotic self which make her think if Minho is that robotic? He is nice with her earlier, even smiling.

“Those two earlier are my closest friend. Kim Jongin and Son Naeun. A married couple. just got married recently.”

Jinri nods.

“Yuju will be here I guess. You can converse with her. I texted her about you.”

“Sure Minho.”

“Woah you are using banmal.”

Said a blonde guy, acting like a nagging ahjumma though his stare makes Jinri feel small.

“Kibum, this is Jinri.”

Jinri bows, just like when she greets the earlier couple and Kibum throws her an inspecting stare instead of greeting her back.

“Is everyone in Seoul weird?”

She thought in her mind.

“Jinri who?”

“My partner.”

“Where did you get her?”

He still look at how Jinri is dressing. From her heel to her head, Kibum starts walking behind her and shakes his head.

“She could pass as a model. You really had good eyes Minho.”

“Cut that out. She is not one. I’m greeting the shareholder and I’m off.”

“Yah. You just arrived. Going home this early even after you got yourself a gorgeous partner?”

Minho ignored Kibum too, walking to a bunch of middle age people. One of them saw him and smiled before walking to him.

“You are not alone I see son.”

“Son?”

Jinri swallows. She is kind of nervous but then Minho holds her arm, very slightly.

“She is Jinri.”

Jinri bows again, and the old guy smiled at her and suggest a handshake. She took the hand and he smiles again.

“Indeed, she is soft. Just like how I imagine she will. Maybe you can help me with bringing him back dear?”

“Don’t do that appa. I have to go after I greet the shareholder.”

“Stay a bit more Minho. Eat something young lady, you seem hungry.”

“Oh crap!”

Minho mentally slaps himself when he remembered that he did not feed this girl yet. He scans at her and saw how skinny she is. If she really haven’t eaten, he has to be prepare to get punished.

“Oh God, forgive me.”

He chanted in his mind and smiled at Jinri who was awkwardly standing there, in between the people that she never once knew.

“Let’s eat then, Jinri.”

“Deh.”

She answers shortly, just like how Minho wants her to. She smiled at Minho’s father and joins Minho to the buffet. She took only few foods, elegantly and mannerly. Minho smiled. Did he really had a good eye like Kibum said? Even when he judge people he barely knew?

He takes some desert and two glasses of champagne and went to a table, nudging Jinri to follow him. They ate and he stares again. She ate very little; consciously swallowing and he too swallow when he suddenly feel hot.

“I shouldn’t have any of that thought.”

He remind himself while hitting his lap and eats the sweet delicacies he chooses after he places one of his favorite truffles in her plate.

“Oppa!”

Minho and Jinri look at the voice at the same time and she was greeted by a lovely young lady who holds her hand.

“Very pretty. Peachily pretty.”

She said and gawk at Jinri. Minho shakes his head.

“You came alone?”

“Yes. Seunghyun oppa ditched me at the last minute.”

Minho chuckles.

“This is my sister, Yuju. You know who she is right?”

“Of course. Unni. You don’t have to mind anything. He is a stone. You can freely work without worry there.”

She giggles after and Jinri awkwardly smiled.

“Stop talking about that. And your clothes. They are all over the place. Clean them will you?”

“Ara. I’ll sleep there tomorrow and clean up.”

“Good.”

Minho said, back to his glass of champagne. Yuju had disappears to somewhere and Jinri is poking her food.

“You should just leave it if you can’t finish them.”

“Deh.”

She said, pushing the plate away from her and sips the champagne. She seems okay drinking that, so Minho guessed that she is not from poor family. She is far from being awkward while holding the glass.

“It’s not up to your taste? The food I mean."

He asks as he smiled. She looks at the plate and nods.

“It just that I’m not used to these kind of food.”

She lied with quavering eyes. Minho stops asking. He too drink his, turns around to look for someone.

“Okay. Just follow me there. After I talk with them, we can head home.”

Jinri feels warm at the mention of home. She never thought her house as home. Never since she starts going to elementary school and understand things. She nods and took his arm.

“If my friends ask you more things that you can’t handle while I’m gone, just tell them anything. Don’t get them know about real you of course. Not yet.”

“Deh.”

She said and soon enough, the lady named Naeun from earlier said she is borrowing her from Minho and off she goes with her.

“Where are you from?”

“Busan.”

“Wow. Which part?”

She asks, eyes sparkling. Jinri smiled.

“You are from Busan too?”

“I lived there before getting tied up here by the monster there."

She chuckles and Jinri knows she doesn't meant it when she said that. She looks so happy.

"I had an apartment where we will stay if Kai had to go and check the site but it only happen twice or thrice a year so the apartment is mostly empty.”

“I see.”

Jinri said shortly and Naeun giggles. It doesn't sound annoying like how her cousin laughs so Jinri smiled. Naeun's laughing is more to the pure and sincere laugh.

“I guess you are the quiet type. No wonder you can stand oppa.”

“Eh? Sorry.”

“Why? Don’t say sorry. Oh my God. I was complimenting.”

“You make her get you wrong unni.”

Naeun pouts and leans on Yuju who always had a smile on her face but Naeun’s pout doesn’t stay long.

“So. Where is your twin?”

Yuju looks around trying to find someone, Jinri too trying to find someone that had the same face like Naeun but then she heard Naeun's whine cutely.

“Yah. Don’t say that. It’s if you dubbed my darling as my twin.”

Yuju made a face and Jinri remains silent. She smiled after she get who the twin is, considering that the situation allowed her to and Naeun holds her cheek to her surprise.

“You are so cute. Very lovely. How old are you?”

“23.”

“Me too. But you look younger.”

Jinri smiled at the compliment. A lot of people think she is younger. Maybe because she rarely wear makeup and stuff on her face. But Naeun look young too.

“You too look young.”

“Aww really? Thanks Jinri.”

She said, cupping her own face. Yuju links her arm with Jinri and excuses themselves though Naeun complaints but she let them go after Kai went to her.

“See you again sometimes later Jinri ah.”

She yelled and Jinri nods, smiling. At least she can smile. She thought.

“Oppa will be done in a bit. You can just stay with me, comfortably.”

By comfortable, Jinri really doesn’t know how she should act. She often heard that but she can’t be anywhere near comfortable. Not this time too.

Minho did come to them after a moment and they left the event and the ride to Minho’s house is silent. Jinri choose to look out of the window while Minho casually glances at here just to see if she is okay.

“Wash up and sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow. Good nigth Jinri.”

He said and disappears into his room. Jinri went to the room that he said she could use and sat down on the bed. What life awaited her from then on? Even though she met nice people today, she doesn't know what will she face later. She has to be prepared.