Four

My Lovely (Maid)

 

 

“Yuju?”

Yuju who was waiting for Jinri who went to the washroom turns to her left.

“Oh.”

She said, then bowing.

“You don’t have to be formal to me. We are like siblings right?”

“No. I don’t remember that.”

She said with a cold expression. The lady smiled awkwardly.

“Sorry. I know I am wrong.”

“I’m glad we know it soon. Or else my oppa will be more heartbroken than he is right now.”

“Yuju yaa. I.”

“Oh there you are unni.”

Yuju skips to Jinri cheerfully, clinging onto her arm. The lady from earlier stares at Jinri with questioning look.

“This is Jinri unni. Oppa’s girlfriend. They even live together now. He moved on you see. Five years and still weeping? You are totally wrong.”

Jinri want to deny but the way Yuju hold on to her arm makes her smile and bows to the lady.

“Nice meeting you.”

“Ah yes.”

She bows back and smiled at Yuju. A fake one Jinri observed.

“Nice meeting you again Yuju. Till we meet again.”

“I hope we won’t.”

Yuju said with a smile on her face and the lady left them. Only after that Yuju holds on her soften.

“What happen? Who is that?”

“I’m sorry unni. I have to lie.”

“It’s okay. But who is she?”

“She is the one who was engaged to oppa six years ago. They are to get married but she ran while leaving a letter behind. Saying that she doesn’t love oppa that much to marry him. Since then, oppa moved out of our house and live alone. I crash there sometimes just to check him for omma. I know he loved her then. But don’t know if he still does.”

“Why did he move out?”

“Appa. Appa knows she likes someone else but keep it from oppa. He felt betrayed.”

“Oh.”

“But unni, please keep it from oppa. He will get pissed if he knew I told you.”

“Sure. I will keep it as a secret.”

And so the secret is safe with Jinri.

 

+++

 

“You don’t look good President Choi.”

Kai said when he met the old man. The latter just nods and sat down after he shakes the younger hand.

“We can’t carry on. My niece just ran away.”

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that.”

“She is an ungrateful child.”

He saw the old man jaw clenched and his fists tighten so Kai thinks he must go now.

“We have no choice then. I have to go.”

“Can we delay it for some days?”

“I don’t know. It’s not for me to decide. But I’ll let you know very soon.”

“Can you give your boss some good words about me? I really want this project.”

“I will do that.”

Kai said and fake a smile.

“So, see you later President Choi.”

The old man nods and Kai walks away quickly. He looks at his secretary and chuckles.

“It won’t happen right?”

The secretary just smiles and follows him.

“I’ll walk around looking for present for my wife. You can rest.”

He said and puts on his sunglasses, smiling as he thinks on what to buy for Naeun.

 

+++

 

“Surprise!”

Naeun nearly choked on her bread when she suddenly was attacked from the back. She is ready to scold whoever it was but she blinks when she saw her best friend.

“Yoona?”

“I’m back.”

She said casually and took the other in her embrace. Naeun still need to read the situation and she then pushes her and wipes .

“I’m sorry. You must be mad at me.”

Yoona said and sit down on the seat next to her. Naeun too sat and she let out an exasperated sigh.

“Why?”

“Why I didn’t come for your wedding? I swear I wanted to but I have an important runaway on that day. But I am so happy that you and Kai are married.”

“Not that Yoona. Why did you come back?”

She asks coldly, making Yoona smile fades.

“You are not happy to see me?”

“You know how much pain and havoc you cause back then and should I be happy that my best friend betrayed me?”

“I did not betray you Naeun ah.”

“You should have told me that you don’t love oppa. I can tell him so that he won’t be left broken hearted like he did then.”

“I.”

“You are not being professional.”

“I know I made a mistake.”

“And you came back to apologize?”

“Yes. And I want to start over.”

Naeun chuckles.

“What start over are you talking about?”

“Wae Naeun ah? Oppa is still single right?”

“No. He met someone. She is pure, innocent. I bet she won’t left oppa like you did.”

She said and left Yoona alone, widening her eyes in shock.

“So, Yuju is not lying. He really had move on.”

She murmurs and leans her back on the chair.

 

 

+++

 

“I made dinner.”

Jinri reluctantly said when Minho comes home that night.

He smiles and looks at her.

“Have you eaten?”

“No.”

“I’ll take a short bath and let’s eat together.”

“Together?”

Minho halts and turns to her.

“Yes. Something wrong?”

“Ani.”

“Good.”

He went to take a short bath and wear something decent; thinking of he is not alone. Jinri is here and she doesn’t want her to feel uncomfortable.

“What did you cook?”

“I made chicken soup. I’m sorry. There is nothing other than them.”

She said, scooping some into a bowl.

“Yuju bring some kimchi.”

She added when Minho gave the kimchi a look. So she tells him before he asks; she always have to before so it’s a thing that she is used to as well.

“She told me. Is Seoul okay?”

He asks, munching the food and nods.

“This is delicious. What did you put in it?”

He asks and she was flustered. Minho laughs.

“Sorry. I talk too much.”

“So, how’s Seoul? Are you having fun?”

“Yes. Yuju is so nice.”

“She is but she can make you tired too.”

Minho is right. That young girl is so energetic and passionate. But she likes it anyway. It’s been too long since she meets the outside world.

“Minho, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

He asks, slurping the soup deliciously. Jinri smiled.

“After you eat, can you spare some time for me?”

“Sure.”

He said and they eat in harmony, a thing that both had missed from their life before.

 

 

 

 

Sorry I’m late.

I was not feeling well for some time that I have to go on a hiatus; sorry that it has to be a long one.

Now I think I can update regularly, I wish I could cope with everything.

 

Love, Cherrykaieun.