Five

My Lovely (Maid)

 

When Minho walks out of his room, Jinri already had seated on the couch at the living room. So he went there, a small smile on his face.

“Here.”

He said, handing a paper bag to her. Jinri took it, wondering.

“A phone. It’s easier to contact you. Or you can just text me when you went out.”

“Oh I’m sorry. I forgot.”

“Not because of that. It’s just for convenience.”

“Thank you.”

She said, finally taking it from his hand.

“I’ll use it well.”

“Very well.”

Minho said, sitting across from her. It’s good that he placed the sofa this way even before he had company in his home. It’s easier for him to look at her while they talk.

“You said you want to talk.”

“Right.”

She said, putting the bag on her side, now her hand on her laps, one on top of another.

“I am going to tell you about me.”

“You shouldn’t have to.”

“I think I have to.”

She sighs, lowering her head.

“I’ve lied to you. I am running away.”

“I know that you lied Jinri. It’s okay. You must have your reason.”

She nods. He still waits for her to continue.

“You are a nice guy. It’s not fair if I continue staying here without you knowing about me. Since you share almost all about you, I can’t go on with you just know about my name.”

Minho nods; smiles.

“Tell me then; whatever you want to say. But don’t talk about things that will make you uncomfortable.”

He stated and she nods again.

“I am an orphan.”

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s fine. I moved on from the fact that I don’t have my parents with me anymore.”

“Who do you live with then?”

“My uncle. He had to take care of me because my father had no other siblings. I was too young to stay alone so the responsibilities go to him.”

Jinri shifts in her seat while Minho still listens.

“I found out that he is only after my father’s company. He needs me to sign the cheque and his cards so that he can use them without anyone checking. He let me live of well too, materially.”

“Who leads the company now that you are here?”

“He still is the President in act, because he said I’m not capable to be one. I never once went there anymore after my parents’ death.”

“How can he do that when it’s yours?”

“He can. I just finished high school and then I stay in my room, locked. I went out when people came to visit or if they throw a party; wearing magnificent dress and accessories, greeting them with a fake smile.”

She said as her pupil dilated, he saw she was fighting with her emotions so he tries to say something so she won’t cry. No, she can’t cry. Not when he doesn’t know how to coax her.

“I see.”

Minho ended up saying it shortly; his forehead furrowed. Jinri chuckles which he saw is a forced one, her eyes glistened.

“I am used to have this fake life. But then, they threaten to send me oversea. They said that they will kill me if I don’t sign the paper to change the company to his name.”

“Who is the other person?”

“My aunt. Uncle’s wife.”

“Both of them?”

She nods again, sighing.

“They don’t have children which is a good thing for me. I heard them talk about marrying me to their son if they had one.”

“So that they could get what belongs to you?”

“Deh. They give me a night to sign it. The paper; I brought it to me when I run. I memorize only one phone number, my cousin.”

“The cousin who gave you this address?”

“Deh. I know him from my childhood day. I just know that he is my cousin and we get along well. I don’t know why he gave me the wrong address though.”

“He might have reasons.”

“I guess.”

She said and looks at Minho.

“I don’t have any requirement to lead the company but I don’t want them to take what my father work with his sweat and tears just like that.”

“I can help if you want. You can start studying too.”

He smiles when he said that and Jinri quickly shakes his head.

“No. That’s not what I mean. I don’t want to burden you anymore.”

“You did not.”

He assured her, still smiling.

“The college is near too, you can apply for it manually if you want.”

“But I.”

“You are working for me?”

She nods and Minho smiles wider. Jinri wants to study so it’s done.

“Cook and clean when you can. I won’t say anything. I’ll still pay you and you don’t have to worry about the fees. I’ll take care of them. So, do you want to retrieve the company?”

She nods, smiling.

“Thank you. You are so kind.”

“Don’t flatter me Jinri. I’m just a human being.”

He chuckles. Jinri wonders why the lady from earlier had the heart to leave this guy. She sighs at that which makes Minho looks at her.

“You okay?”

“I’m fine.”

She said and he talks about calling Yuju and leave for his room. Jinri looks at the paper bag now, taking out the box containing the phone. She unlocks them and saw his contact number which he saved as Minho.

“I must be lucky to know this guy.”

She whispers.

 

 

+++

 

 

“What did you say Kai?”

“The niece ran away he said. That’s why we can’t sign the contract. I really have this bad feeling hyung. Don’t you?”

Minho groans when he remembers that he doesn’t ask Jinri about the company’s name.

“I got to go.”

“Hyung! Hyung! We have to discuss about the model.”

“Do it with Kibum.”

Minho said and ran off to his car when Jinri didn’t pick up her phone.

 

 

+++

 

 

“Jinri!”

Minho called and sighs in relief when he saw her in the kitchen, making something.

“Minho.”

She muttered, eyes wandering to the clock.

“I called you.”

“Oh sorry. I can’t remember I have one.”

Minho laughs and shakes his head.

“And I think about so many things because you aren’t answering.”

Jinri pulls out the plastic glove and bows to him few times.

“I apologize. I won’t be doing it again. I’ll bring my phone with me wherever, whenever. I.”

“Jinri. Stop.”

He said as he looks at her who was now frowning.

“I’m not mad. I did not ask for reasons too. Calm down.”

Jinri nods, but when she raises her head, Minho saw her eyes waters.

“I won’t blame you.”

He said slowly as he reaches to wipe her tears.

“I just. Okay let’s just stop it here can we?”

Jinri nodded, wiping the tears that fall. She is angry at herself that she cried in front of Minho and makes him look like a bad guy though it’s her fault.

“Why are you home early? I just started to prepare for dinner.”

“Oh right.”

He said, massaging his forehead.

“I want to know the company. Your company I mean.”

“It’s Crimson Choi Holding.”

“Crimson Choi? It’s yours?”

She nods again. Minho chuckles.

“Jinri ah. I found a way to let you redeem your rights.”

“Really?”

She asks; cheek peach as she smiles. Minho smiles too as he nodded eagerly.

“It’s only happening if you trust me.”

“Of course I trust you Minho. Who else will I trust if not you.”

“Thank you Jinri. But let’s get you enrolled first. Get ready. We will go to the faculty tomorrow.”

“But can we?”

“I have ways.”

He said, smiling as he makes plans.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m thinking of stopping this story but I’ll decide after I got response from this chapter.

Love, Cherry