One

My Lovely (Maid)

 

 

Minho is in the middle of putting on the button of his shirt when his doorbell rang.

“This soon?”

He mumbles and proceeds to answer the door while finishing off the button. He saw a young lady that was hugging her bag through the monitor and smiled.

“There you are.”

He said and let the girl walk in. He motions her to sit down as he fetched his tie.

“What is your name again?”

“It’s Choi Jinri.”

Minho eyed the young girl and continues to tie his necktie.

“Okay, you passed.”

“Deh?”

Minho glanced at the clueless girl before he turns to face her again.

“You are here for the job right?”

Her brows arched while she tightly holds onto her clothing bag, close to her chest.

“What job?”

“My maid.”

“But I’m here to look for my cousin.”

“And why are you here in my house?”

“He gave me this address.”

Minho took the piece of paper and shakes his head before he gave back the paper to her.

“No one live here before me. Maybe he gave the wrong address.”

She sighs.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you. I should check first.”

She bows before turning her feet to leave but stop when Minho calls for her attention.

“Where did you come from? Seeing you, I guess you are not from Seoul.”

“Deh. You are right. I’m from Busan.”

“Wow, that’s a long journey. You plan to go home now?”

She shakes her head.

“There is some reason why I can’t go home.”

“Did you run away?”

Jinri shakes her head quickly.

“I didn’t.”

“You sure? Because it looks like you are.”

She bites her lower lips.

“Is he a psychic or something?”

She thought before she shrugs it off.

“Aniyo. I was here to seek a job and my cousin said that he had found me one.”

Minho arched his brows.

“Where do you plan to find him in this large city?”

Jinri keeps her silent while she thinks.

“Look here, since I needed a maid so bad and you are decent and young enough to be my partner, can you just work for me? I’ll give you a room.”

“Partner?”

“It’s for the annual dinner this night and I can’t be going alone. I’ll pay you.”

“Can I know how much since I.”

“$100.”

He cuts her off and stares at her, demanding a quick answer from her.

“$100?”

She widens her eyes.

“Wae? Not enough? Okay, let’s just settle with $300. I’m not going to give more than that.”

Minho went to a room and walks out with a dress and accessories in his hand.

“Wear this and do what you think right with all these.”

“This?”

“It’s my younger sister’s. She is as tall as you and I think you could fit this. Did you wear any makeup?”

"No."

"That's your no makeup face?"

"Yes. Wae?"

"Aniyo. You can chage now."

She nods and took the dress.

“Where?”

Minho shows her the room for her to change and she slowly went to the told room.

“Gurae. Let’s just work here. I can just leave when I had enough money.”

She changes into the dress and puts on the accessories and comes out after.

“We need to do something to your hair.”

He then thinks for a moment before he nods.

“Can you tie it? Like this?”

He scrolls to his phone for search engine and comes out with a braided hair picture. Jinri nods.

“Do that and I’ll be waiting for you in the living room.”

“Okay sir.”

“My name is Minho. Call me that.”

“Just Minho?”

“Yes. Don’t add sir or something other than Minho. It’s burdening. Now, go. Get ready so we can go.”

“Sure.”

She said and went into the room and sat on a chair. She looks at herself on the mirror. She sighs and starts to braid her hair.

“Is this okay?”

Minho looks at her and nods a little.

“Perfect. Try on the shoes. I hope you suit one of them.”

Jinri hesitantly went and try on the first shoes she saw. It fits her perfectly and Minho smiled.

“Great. Less work for me. Thank God you fit Yuju’s size.”

He then looks at her from head to toe.

“The dress too.”

He then glances at his wrist and puts on his shoes.

“Just don’t say anything except hello and introduce your name okay.”

“Sure Minho.”

A small smile stretches on his lips when he saw how nervous the stranger is. A beautiful stranger at that. He chuckles which makes Jinri look at him.

“I don’t bite if that what make you nervous. Oh right. A clutch.”

He skips to another room and comes out later with few clutches with different sizes and color. It’s amazing that he had those stored in his apartment, Jinri thought but he laughs before she can even say anything.

“My sister comes here quite often so there is some of her belonging here. This dress, she doesn’t want it after she bought them a month ago. So, you can just keep it after the party. I won’t cut it from your salary. But now, we really need to go. I think this red one suit the dress.”

He gave the clutch to her and nods again after he saw that it matched.

“Time to go.”

He announces and Jinri had become quite comfortable. He seems like a good guy. She thinks and follows his lead to the lift.

 

 

 

Her appearance ---> Here