Sleep over!

Hotel Friendships {HIATUS}

 

“So... do you want to go back to the hotel?” I ask after her confession.

“Um... Yeah.” She nods. I take her hand and walk towards the elevator.

“You’re tired, aren’t you, Claire?” I whisper in her ear.

“I guess.... Kinda.” She says while we step into the lift. “So... Are we going to get my stuff as well?”

“If you want to stay in my room, then yeah!” I enthusiastically say. I’d love for her to come for a sleep over!
 
“If you don’t mind? That’d be nice... And I won’t be any trouble anymore, I promise.” She adds. We step out of the lift. “I’ll be in your room in a minute then, okay? Good thing that I haven’t unpacked yet.”

“Sure, see you in a minute then!” I let go of her. By the time I step back into my room it’s almost 10 PM, but I already start to feel tired. After a day like this I’m glad to hit the hay early, especially if I can take care of someone too!

I leave the door open for Claire and sit down on my bed. She must be exhausted, she sure looks it! All wobbly and that... Can’t blame her though, jet lag is a killer.

She walks in with her suitcase in one hand and a handbag in her other. “Any particular spot I can put this?” She looks at me with half closed eyes.

“Oh Claire, just put it down somewhere, you should get ready for bed!” I mother her.

“Yes, umma~” She jokes. “I’m just a bit sleepy, and I feel slightly... off. You know?”

“How come? Is it the jet lag?” I ask her concernedly.

She nods. “That, or the 2 cocktails I had.” She sits down next to me.

“You had 2 cocktails?” That surprises me! She doesn’t seem like a drinker... She’s just too innocent!

“Um... Yeah. I heard that getting drunk distracts you from your problems. But it didn’t really work, as I’m not drunk.” She says while turning her face away from me.

“What do you mean, ‘not drunk’?” I laugh. “Just look at you!”

She giggles, but blushes as well. “I don’t really feel drunk..”

“Well, drunk or not, you should be going to bed now.” I stand up and pull her with me. “Get the stuff you need and move your to the bathroom, okay?”

“Okay then...” She moans. “Can’t I just take my clothes off and sleep?”

“Well... I guess you could but...” I shyly stutter. Does she mean like... ? And does she expect me to be too...? “Maybe you should at least put your PJs on!” I quickly say.

“Okay then,” She says. “You’re no fun...” She reports, and winks at me.

“B-but I thought you said ‘No funny stuff’? I mean you can do whatever you want but --”

“I’m joking, Henry!” She interrupts me while laughing, making me blush a lot. “Don’t worry, I’ll be good.” With that she grabs some stuff out of her suitcase and locks the bathroom door behind her.

That girl is so... Confusing! I think as I put my pajama bottom on. One moment she’s shy, the other she’s making naughty jokes... Which one is the real her? Once again I decide to wait for tomorrow to see how she really is, at the festival. For now, I guess I shouldn’t be thinking too much, my head hurts!

I wait until Claire is done in the bathroom, and then go in myself to brush my teeth. As I’m doing that, I look at myself in the mirror, and think of how I’m going to approach her. Would it upset her if I’d flirt with her? I wish she wouldn’t have so many different moods, cause I don’t want to upset her either!

I guess there’s two things that could happen: it can either go kinda right or really wrong. What about a very subtle flirt? I mean, I like her... But how do I know if she likes me? I guess she must do slightly...she said I’m her bias after all. But how much does she like me, especially after today?

I spit out my toothpaste and sigh, rinsing out my mouth with a glass of water, then leave the bathroom. I look over to the bed and see... Claire, completely passed out on the bed. She must have fallen asleep sitting up, as she’s now sprawled out on the bed with her legs dangling over the edge. She’s so cute like that! And very charming, too.

I chuckle and walk over to her. I bend down and place my hands underneath her to pick her up, and she wriggles slightly.

“Henryy~” she moans slightly, “I’m not asleep this time!” She pouts slightly as she says this, and opens one eye halfway.

“You might be awake Claire, but that doesn’t mean you can get yourself into bed. Not the state you’re in at the moment!” She pouts more at this, but lets me pick her up and carry her round the bed and place her head gently on the pillow.

Her hand brushes my bare chest, and she giggles quietly.
“You’re so warm...” She murmurs.


I pull the bed sheets over her, and make sure she’s properly covered up. She sighs happily, and wriggles herself in her sheets.

“Goodnight Claire...” I whisper.

I walk to the other side of the bed and lay down immediately, face down on the pillow. I warm myself between the sheets and turn my back to Claire, who is sound asleep already.

As I lie there trying not to think of the girl lying in the bed behind me, I hear a faint whisper.

“Goodnight Henry Lau.”
 
[A/N]
Hello lovely readers! Thanks all of you for subscribing and commenting, it means a lot to us! n.n 
I'd like to ask you whether you have any kind of constructive criticism or something like that, cause I love hearing from you guys!
Yes I'm basically asking for comments keke. 

Thanks so much, again, for reading!! Love you all, tell us what you think! ^~^

~Kitty