Winners • Month One

Desperate • A Cut Writing Contest • Closed For Month One

• xxxxnana • lights and shades 

6 Points: Title - Lights and Shades, it almost sounds as if you're comparing two people or things. It's more of a mystery. Now after reading the one shot, I still don't understand why it;s called lights and shades. I'm guessing it's because you're comparing Seungcheol and Sonhee?
15 Points: Creativity - I liked it, the post slightly reminded me of a plot I would write. Some confusing and heart breaking romance. And you were pretty creative with it. I'm sure I've never seen anything like this before. But i agree that some things could make this one-shot better.
10 Points: The Imagery and Detail - Some parts weren't too detailed. Like in the starting you explained how she looked, but other senses had to be used too. Like sound, feeling, and stuff. Do you get what I mean? Like maybe try explaining how the apartment looked? Something along that side.
7 Points: Development - Seungcheol and Sonhee were very alike in this. Both had sad background stories. But the characters and story developed pretty nicely.
4 Points: Storyline matching the Cut - I guess. But it's like, before the cut started you said that she was standing. Then it my cut she was suddenly sitting? You had to may more attention to the cut.
4 Points: Grammar - The grammar and sentences weren't too good. Like some sentences were cut off with a space? It really confused me. And for the grammar/spelling, you said that English isn't your native, so I understand. it was pretty good though.
5 Points: Enjoyment - I'm a er for angst, and overall it was pretty enjoyable. Some parts didn't make sense, but I was able to understand most of it.
Total 100 Points: 51/100

Personal Comment: Don't take this to meaning. It's just my point of view. It was pretty good overall, next time try a beta reader? Anyhow, thank you for joining! I enjoyed reading your story and hope to see you again. Remember this contest is all about improving yourself. 


• infinexx • burning bright light 

10 Points: Title - Before reading this I understand that you are talking a about a scenery? Or maybe a person? After reading this I understand that it's not just talking about the lights it's also talking about Renjun and Chenle too. Which is cute af!
20 Points: Creativity - It's a really odd plot. As in it hasn't ever been done before. Which is really creative. The Black On Black group idea, the hotel thing. I like it.
30 Points: The Imagery and Detail - Well your goal was me seeing the picture right? The one were they kissed? Well then great job, because I could really imagine that. And the detail was perfect!
8 Points: Development - The story developed fine. In the end they met each other and it was all sweet. But personally as a shipper, I'd want to see them spend more time with one other.
10 Points: Story-line matching the Cut - Yes it worked it really well. Especially how the you really made the last part of my cut match. Saying the Renjun hated loving Chenle for that reason. It was smart.
10 Points: Grammar - Yes, it was perfect.
10 Points: Enjoyment - I'd have to say the one-shot was very last minute, but I seemed to enjoy it very much. It was a very sweet one-shot with a sad but happy twist to it.

Total 100 Points: 98/100

Personal Comment: It was an adorable oneshot! I overall loved it! The Renle was adorable and yeah...I really liked it. It was different from your normal writing.


Winners:

1st Place: • infinexx • burning bright light 

2nd Place: • xxxxnana • lights and shades 


I will be giving out the gifts soon. And I'm happy to see that people actually joined. I hope more of you guys join next month!