Chapter 1 part. 1

Something About U

Bambam POV ---

 

It was time to start with my new group and I was very happy, the children looked at me with a small smile on their faces, although others looked at me with tears in their eyes for leaving their parents and begin their first year of school.

 

I usually work with older children but since the principal asked me to work with them for the lack of a teacher who left, I could not reuse myself and leave these little creatures alone. Our little school is quite far from the city and does not have all the conditions and above all, it is very difficult to hire a new teacher to teach because no one wanted to come so far from the city to teach a small group of fifteen children.

 

I got up from my desk and introduced myself in front of my new students, from today his teacher would be me, "Kunpimook Bhuwakul" and yes, the children only laughed to hear me say it. It is a very difficult name to pronounce and I could not let the children call me by my nickname "Bambam" since I would lose some respect but accept that they called me "teacher" so they would not bite their tongue when they tried to pronounce my true first name.

 

Finishing my presentation, I asked them to introduce themselves in the same way and to say what they wanted to be when they were adults; this was my favorite part of the first day of school. Listening to children say all their aspirations and dreams for the future made me remember why I decided to be a teacher and why I get up every day before the sun rises in the morning to come from the city to this small school.

 

The children began to stop one by one and began to say their name and what they wanted to be when they were adults, children wanted to be from firefighters to doctors and many others who wanted to be idols like the ones they saw on TV and that made me very happy, even living in these conditions, these children had very big dreams that they wanted to realize

 

******

 

   My class ended and the kids ran out of the classroom, I reminded them of the homework they had for tomorrow and they just gave me a little snort before continuing on their way out of the classroom. I picked up my items and went up to the teachers' room to drink some coffee and chat with my colleagues before leaving.

 

The other teachers had a very lively talk about the groups that touched them, not that there were many groups, but in total we were about five teachers, each had a group and well, the teacher Park Ji Min, my best friend and the teacher Favorite of the whole school, was the only one that managed two groups of children.

 

-How was your group of children? Bambam - Asked Jimin passing me a cup of coffee-

 

-How you know me! I was dying for a coffee. *I said with a smile and she gave it back* I know Bambam, I can read minds *she said, placing her hands on her temple* Now, do you tell me how it was with the kids or did I get it out of your head? *She asked with laughter*

 

-They're good kids, it's the first time I work with such small children but I like them *Jimin looked at one of the teachers as if they had won a bet and she took out a ticket from her pocket and gave it to her* Now the teachers make bets ? Is that what we're getting at? *I said raising my eyebrows pretending to be angry*

-It's not what you think Bambam, it's just something she owed me from last year *Jimin patted me on the back* you know I love this school with my life.

 

-How can you not love this school? You are almost the cornerstone of this institution *I try to be honest, that was the reality* I do not understand how you did not accept that position as director.

 

-You know my life is teaching Bambam, that's what fills me up as a person. *Jimin got up from her seat and started walking around the classroom as if giving a speech* I just want to give back what I received many years ago when I was a girl and study here also, we are teachers and our duty is to raise those who will be the future of our nation.

 

The other teachers hissed and screamed at the excitement as Jimin finished her little speech and before she continued with more speeches, I excused myself to go home, it was already three in the afternoon and the trip took about an hour To the city, and it took me another hour to get home from the city.

 

******

 

I was still waiting for the four o'clock bus and everything was alone, I felt a little scared because the only bus stop was in front of the village cemetery and the worst, strange noises were heard, first they were moans and then slight howls, as if Someone suffered a lot.

 

I got up from the stop and entered the cemetery, in the distance I could see a gentleman kneeling in front of a very modest and elegant tomb, the man was kneeling with one hand on his chest and at first I thought he was crying the loss of his life mate but after a few minutes’ notice that the noises of pain came from the gentleman who now fell on the ground with a loud howl.

 

My natural instinct was to run to where the man was and help him, the man did not seem to breathe well so I gave him first aid and the man still did not breathe, I continued for a while longer until the man finally gave a breath of air And remained on the ground. I climbed the man on my back with a force that did not know where it came from and walked with him in my arms to school and I started to scream, thank God Jimin heard me and left the school to see me with the man in my hands.

 

******

 

We entered a private hospital that was close to the town, the doctors did not want to attend the old man in my arms only because it looked like a homeless, I got angry and I started to scream and I told them not to worry, that I would pay for the service And then a doctor approached and attended the older man.

 

Thank God the old man was very well and only put a little serum and left it under observation, I asked Jimin to come back, that I would take care of the man and she accepted him with a smile and left.

 

It had been more than two hours and the doctor came back to ask for my consent, the gentleman I had helped had a small hernia and the doctor needed to have an emergency operation so that the older man had no problems for that in the future, I thought a lot and accepted, if this man could be better that made me very happy, even if my savings were going on that.

 "We are to help others" Those words came to my mind and I returned to my seat to expect good news.

 

******

 

   It was late at night and the gentleman who had helped refused to stay in the hospital, I tried at all costs to return to his bed and wait for him to be discharged within a few days but the older man would not relent. We argued for a long time until he agreed to stay in bed and rest until the doctor was released, after that I went out for a while and called Jimin to take my place tomorrow so that I could sign the Payment of the hospital once they let the gentleman leave.

 

I lay down in a small chair beside the bed and the gentleman looked at me with a smile, I think I stared for a long time because the gentleman looked at me too and after a while he looked away and spoke to me.

 

-You are a very handsome young man, you remind me of my wife *the sad man said and lay back on the bed* my name is Rui Er, but you can tell me Rui. What's your name?

 

-My pleasure, Mr. Rui, my name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but you can call me Bambam. I'm sorry about your wife. Can I call you Grandpa Rui? You look like my grandfather *I answered and the gentleman began to laugh until he calmed down*

 

-Yes, you can call me grandfather. Are you a foreigner? That name is definitely Thai. Once I get out of here, I'll pay you for everything you spent on me today. Thank you for saving my life in that graveyard. *Grandpa Rui put his hands on his lap and looked nostalgic as he made a small bow toward me*

 

-You do not have to do that, do not worry and I'm a foreigner, but since I was a little kid here, I can not ask you to pay me. It would be a bad example for the children in my class *I finished talking and the man started to cry a little, That surprised me and I went close to see if he was well* Grandpa Rui are you okay? It hurts something? *I asked worriedly*

 

-Bambam, you're just as stubborn as my wife, you even have a pretty smile like hers. *That made me blush a lot* I swear I'll pay you this, maybe not with money but you'll see, I just have to get out of here *The gentleman became calmer and I went back to my chair*

 

-Do not worry Grandpa Rui, having a grandfather like you for me is the best of the rewards I can receive *I said and Grandpa had fallen asleep, I could hear his little snoring*

 

*****

Hello, I hope you like it.

If you say something is cute, it makes me want to write.