Knights of the Sun

SF9 Collection

This is loosely based on the MV.. i added in some parts coz writing it down, i have a lot of continuity issues with the MV but whatever it's still lit, it's still beautiful and it's still one of the best songs of the year!!

Also, i just had to get this out 

==========================================================================================================================

There is a universe existing much like our own but so much more. It is a world where magic is a thing of the ordinary and people worship gods and goddesses from all aspects of life. It is a world where offerings and sacrifices are made with heavy hearts to apease the pettiness of these godly beings. 

And every so often, these gods come down and bless the world with their grace and presence and struck wonders into the hearts of their followers. Among all these, the one with the biggest followers is the goddess of the sun. She who brings forth light and warmth to this world walks the earth in glory always followed by her loyal knights. 

The knights of the sun - nine boys chosen since their birth to protect her. 

It is during one of their quests that we find them - gathering in a desert and performing a ritual. The goddess of the sun tasked them to find objects from different lands and when they do, she would show herself to them. 

And so the ritual started and we see the suns rays form the magic circle, the cup in the center glowing a violet hue activating the circle, enveloping them in blinding light. 

Part. I – The land without sunlight

The opened their eyes and found themselves standing in front of a pool, its waters, supposed to be glinting a bright blue, is dull and lifeless.

A quick glance around the place confirmed their fear; they were in the other land – the land devoid of colors.

Something caught their attention so they walked towards the edge of the pool. The water was rippling slightly because of the wind and without the colors, it all looked wrong and scary.  But something was breaking the darkness of the water as it moved – a hint of color from way underneath.

Without a word Chani jumped head first into the pool. The thing was way easier to find than he thought for it somehow gives off a glow underneath.

With the blue apple safety with them, they went and found a place to open the portal.

Part II – The land of eternal brightness

When their eyes had adjusted, they found themselves standing inside a building. There was a blue well in the middle of the room they were in and when they looked up, they found that the building opens up to the heavens.

They didn’t need to look around to know which dimension they were in – it was the land of eternal brightness; that place where the sun shines a little bit brighter, lending every corner with a tinge of its golden rays.

To their right was a wooden door carved with intricate designs. The three exchanged glances before walking inside.

They were in a chapel and instead of the usual pews, there were carved chairs on both sides. The altar gleamed golden in front of them while the stained glass windows painted the floor with a thousand colors.

They reached the altar and immediately spotted the thing they were after – yellow roses soaked in water. Dawon picked up the flowers while Jaeyoon pulled out a small bottle containing some sort of amber liquid. He let a few drops fall on the yellow roses and they immediately turned a bright red upon contact.

Satisfied, they walked back out of the chapel.

III – The endless walk

The light faded and they found themselves standing in the same place. Rowoon looked at Inseong and noticed how parts of him seem to fade in and out his vision. As if, he was supposed to be sent somewhere but there wasn't enough magic left. 

And so, they walked and decided to go to where the sun goddesses first set foot - a place in the desert where hopefully, some of her magic still remains and maybe aid them in their quest.