Beside You

SF9 Collection

It has become very easy for Inseong to predict Dawon's oncoming "tantrums" nowadays. And no, it isn't just him shouting and trashing in the middle of the night - Inseong found that it actually has two 'levels' if you will. 

The first level goes something like this: Dawon will toss and turn and toss and turn in bed, he'll fluff his pillows and pull at his blanket. There was even times when Dawon wraps himself in his blanket like a burrito or punch a pillow or two and then he'll bury his face deep on the bed until he falls asleep. 

Level two starts with quite the opposite of the first one. Level two is when Dawon lays perfectly still on his bed with that faraway look in his eyes. He'll slowly run his fingers through his hair (still with that absent gaze) and the next part is him grabbing a handful of hair and tugging at it, slowly at first until he gets really frustrate and -

"ARGGGHHHHH"

Until today, Inseong can't find the proper words to describe that sound. Technically, it was something like a scream but the way Dawon was holding himself back made it feel like he was choking and drowning on the inside and he wanted to scream for help but couldn't or wouldn't and Inseong wouldn't say this out loud but it bothers him so much. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Inseong said out loud. Chani and Rowoon are out for a schedule that night and Inseong was thankful for that. 

"Sanghyuk-ah! are you okay?" he repeated looking towards the guy's bed. 

"I'm fine, hyung," came his reply, muffled by the pillow he was pressing on his face. 

Inseong sighed and made his way towards Sanghyuk's bed. 

"Scoot over," Inseong said but the younger one didn't make a move. 

"Fine, if you want to play it that way," Inseong muttered as he squeezed himself onto the small space until Sanghyuk finally moved closer to the wall. Inseong smiled, it wasn't easy to get Sanghyuk to be more comfortable around him and every time the younger one lets him in close, physically or emotionally, he counts as a victory.

"What's wrong this time?" Inseong said conversationally.

There's a fifty per cent chance that he'll be met with silence but that was fine. Sometimes, Sanghyuk doesn't really need someone to talk to, he just needs for someone to be there beside him as he sorts his feelings out and Inseong is more than willing to be there for the guy.